+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jewish group walks away from Labour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    If Mossad wanted to discredit or otherwise **** up a political party, they'd certainly do something a lot stronger than that Trampie
    Like the King David Hotel type of thing is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Like the King David Hotel type of thing is it ?

That's a whole subject in itself, and I not only disapprove of it, but regard it as having been a most unwise action by those responsible.
    I'd say that it was a long time ago, but to those who suffered as a result that is no comfort.
    It was perhaps the first terrorist act of modern times, and we know for a fact that it provided the model for the actions of Palestinian terrorists against Jews for a long long time to come.
    Some believe that it also came into the thinking of PIRA and INLA too.

That's a whole subject in itself, and I not only disapprove of it, but regard it as having been a most unwise action by those responsible.
    I'd say that it was a long time ago, but to those who suffered as a result that is no comfort.
    It was perhaps the first terrorist act of modern times, and we know for a fact that it provided the model for the actions of Palestinian terrorists against Jews for a long long time to come.
    Some believe that it also came into the thinking of PIRA and INLA too.
    They did the Sergeant killings as well, hang British soldiers and booby trapped the area around the bodies to try and kill more British people when we cut their bodies down, both events just after the war against Hitler and everything we did to try and help them and that's how they repaid us.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    They did the Sergeant killings as well, hang British soldiers and booby trapped the area around the bodies to try and kill more British people when we cut their bodies down, both events just after the war against Hitler and everything we did to try and help them and that's how they repaid us.

I think it's perhaps a bit more complicated than that. When you say "they", you do know that there were Jewish people in the British Army and Palestine Police don't you ?
    It was a terrible time, and the losses were far worse than people appreciate now .

Also, I assume you know that helping the Jews played no part whatever in the decisions of GB , the USA and the USSR to fight Germany? Of course it was beneficial to Jews that the allied forces released those still alive and treated them kindly, but they could hardly have left them in the camps could they ?
    As touched upon by Trampie, there were many others in the camps such as Russians and Slavs.

I think you'll find that British Jews fought against Germany because they were British.
    This is another thing which should probably be its own thread.

I think it's perhaps a bit more complicated than that. When you say "they", you do know that there were Jewish people in the British Army and Palestine Police don't you ?
    It was a terrible time, and the losses were far worse than people appreciate now .

Also, I assume you know that helping the Jews played no part whatever in the decisions of GB , the USA and the USSR to fight Germany? Of course it was beneficial to Jews that the allied forces released those still alive and treated them kindly, but they could hardly have left them in the camps could they ?
    As touched upon by Trampie, there were many others in the camps such as Russians and Slavs.

I think you'll find that British Jews fought against Germany because they were British.
    This is another thing which should probably be its own thread.
    Ronnie a 100,000 German Jews fought for the Kaiser against the British in the Great War, most volunteered, some Jews fought for our side in ww1 but a large proportion of the Jewish population in Germany at the time fought against us, some also fought against us as well as for us in the ww2.
    I would personally say nationality and religion is an accident of birth.