+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Water rates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Water rates

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I just looked at my water bill. I use over 100 gallons a day! (80 imperial gallons) There were 3 days last month when I used 250. I'm going to have to look into that.
    Seriously though, I'm going to take a meter reading and turn the water off for a day to see if there's a leak between the meter and the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Seriously though, I'm going to take a meter reading and turn the water off for a day to see if there's a leak between the meter and the house.
    I'm going to do the same when the weather gets a bit warmer. I just checked back and on 12/27 (when we were away) we still used 45 gallons. Maybe the central heating? But the heat is off from May to October. One day last summer I used 1200 gallons! There's only 3 of us. And the house is small. So is the garden. Like I said, this needs to be looked into.

International

I'm going to do the same when the weather gets a bit warmer. I just checked back and on 12/27 (when we were away) we still used 45 gallons. Maybe the central heating? But the heat is off from May to October. One day last summer I used 1200 gallons! There's only 3 of us. And the house is small. So is the garden. Like I said, this needs to be looked into.
    Your central heating should be \ sealed system, and shouldn't have any affect on your water consumption

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Your central heating should be \ sealed system, and shouldn't have any affect on your water consumption
    It's steam. And the steam bleeds out. The boiler frequently tops up automatically. And sometimes I top it up manually. Still, 45 gallons a day when I'm not even here seems way OTT.

International

your central heating is a sealed system so if it is using gallons of water it must be leaking somewhere.

Your loo will look like a walnut whip.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Can't quite get my head around that line, mush

Can't quite get my head around that line, mush

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post