+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Newport (AFC) County

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Newport (AFC) County

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I think that they used to play on Friday evenings.

Edit: Just found this posted on their website in 2017:

“Friday night football always excited me as a player, and fans have told me that it is something that they would like to see back at Plainmoor,” said Harrop.
    “Moving some of our fixtures to a Friday night would allow more fans to come to the game, including footballers that play on a Saturday."
    Are you sure it was a Friday night? I could have sworn it was Saturday evening?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Are you sure it was a Friday night? I could have sworn it was Saturday evening?
    They may very well have also played on Saturday evenings but the quote I posted also seems to refer to games they used to play on Friday evenings. Could be wrong but there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    They may very well have also played on Saturday evenings but the quote I posted also seems to refer to games they used to play on Friday evenings. Could be wrong but there you go.
    They did play on Saturday nights in the early seventies for sure because I can remember watching Match of the Day in my pre going out and getting pissed on that night days back in the early seventies when they would often give the result of the game played at Plaimoor that evening.

I also saw one of those old Big Match programmes from about forty years ago on BT Sport recently where they talked of Wimbledon being promoted the previous night after their game at Torquay.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They did play on Saturday nights in the early seventies for sure because I can remember watching Match of the Day in my pre going out and getting pissed on that night days back in the early seventies when they would often give the result of the game played at Plaimoor that evening.

I also saw one of those old Big Match programmes from about forty years ago on BT Sport recently where they talked of Wimbledon being promoted the previous night after their game at Torquay.
    Always used to be tranmere Friday night (obvious reasons) Newport 3.15 and Torquay sat night. Those were always the oddities. Happy days....