+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Burton 0 - 1 Cardiff City. Post match discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tell me they can play better than that....please

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    As I say I'm as pleased as anyone with 3 points but it seemed no one could see what the game needed to break down the 10 man defence. Slow build up, stretch it wide, keep it on the floor, get around the back of them.

Hoilett was predictably poor. Ralls and Gunnar had their hands full in midfield and sadly, Thomlin didn't dominate as we expected. Was there a need to play Peltier when Burton were offering so little?

Lots to put right and I trust NW to tweak it the right way.

Maybe it was the opposition just pulled them down to their level; lots if new faces so they'll need a few games together
    Utter drivel in both your posts. Do you really think that any team in this division is going to roll over and give us the 3 points ?. There are no easy away games in this division, as I am sure you are aware. You first have to work hard and stop the opposition playing before you can expand the game and take the win and thats exactly what we did. The game plan worked to a tee and Warnock needs to be given credit for that, not critiscism. From what I saw/heard Tomlin and Hoilett played well. If you are going to be that critical and pessimistic after only one game then whats the point of following the club in the first place. Makes me think that you actually wanted us to lose and are upset because we won.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Utter drivel in both your posts. Do you really think that any team in this division is going to roll over and give us the 3 points ?. There are no easy away games in this division, as I am sure you are aware. You first have to work hard and stop the opposition playing before you can expand the game and take the win and thats exactly what we did. The game plan worked to a tee and Warnock needs to be given credit for that, not critiscism. From what I saw/heard Tomlin and Hoilett played well. If you are going to be that critical and pessimistic after only one game then whats the point of following the club in the first place. Makes me think that you actually wanted us to lose and are upset because we won.
    Agree. There's no pleasing some moaning gits.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I watched in iFollow and Tomlin did find it hard to get into the game. Some lovely touches, but it was a midfield slog and City looked much better balanced when Damour came on to join Gunnarsson & Ralls. Hoilett wan't poor, but he was guilty of not playing the easy pass and losing possession in advanced areas more than once. Mendez-Laing is going to be a star if he can find his shooting boots.