Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
Did your parents stay together? even though my parents wanted to get married and keep my sister nobody thought they would, my mum was only about 16 at the time, they did stay together though and are still together now, my sister was not expecting to find them both when she went searching.

btw, if I had stayed living where I was born I would be a Chelsea fan.
Yes Mrs. R, they married not long after my mum came back to Cardiff, I have only understood in recent years, that my mum stayed in Bristol for 6 weeks, I thought i was an in and out job, (my mum and dad stayed in rooms when they 1st got married with my mums sister.) my nan was a fabulous lady and i loved the time i remember being at her house, butter wouldn't melt, but she was a fiery lady and would play f**k with my grandad, he was a big fella, but once nan went off on one he was a wreck the inequality in society, is not exclusive to current times, my mum and dad had a tough time growing up, like many at the time, the help that they got was from their respective families and with one side from Splott and the other from Strangetown you can imagine we are not a wealthy family but amongst the tough times have had some great times as we did last night.