+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Where’s Flier46? On the missing list since the report has come out?
    I have been carefully reading the AAIB Interim Report to analyse it to see if it differs from what I already knew, funnily enough I don't see anything that I hadn't already disclosed ( if you guys can, I am here to answer whatever you think differs ).

I didn't go On the missing list since the report has come out, I was actually in consultations about that report & now I am just wondering who will be the first to 'call me out' on anything that I didn't get succinctly right?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    I have been carefully reading the AAIB Interim Report to analyse it to see if it differs from what I already knew, funnily enough I don't see anything that I hadn't already disclosed ( if you guys can, I am here to answer whatever you think differs ).

I didn't go On the missing list since the report has come out, I was actually in consultations about that report & now I am just wondering who will be the first to 'call me out' on anything that I didn't get succinctly right?
    I have stated previously that I have found your posts to be of interest. However, the report is not nearly as sensational as you have previously implied. There is nothing about colour blindness of the pilot, nothing about Henderson giving the flight to Ibbotson or the fact that Henderson's credit card was used to pay Ibbotson's hotel accommodation and flight expenses such as landing fees at Nantes as well as fuel for the flight.

Neither is there anything about Henderson lodging the original flight plan or anything in the report that would warrant your belief that Henderson and McKay would be shaking in their boots (or words to that effect) when the report is released. Indeed there is absolutely nothing to incriminate either Henderson or McKay and ,on first reading, they are not implicated at all. Of course these matters might be investigated further when the other reports are released. Another point is the licensing ratings of Ibbotson which do not appear to have been fully investigated by the AAIB as the report states emphatically that:

"The pilot had an FAA PPL issued on the basis of his EASA PPL. His logbook and licence
    were not recovered from the aircraft, and the ratings on his licences and their validity
    dates have not yet been established."

One thing is for sure and that is the legal ramifications of the flight will not be concluded for a very long time.

Again I state I have enjoyed your posts but you too must be disappointed that it failed to fully justify all your conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I have stated previously that I have found your posts to be of interest. However, the report is not nearly as sensational as you have previously implied. There is nothing about colour blindness of the pilot, nothing about Henderson giving the flight to Ibbotson or the fact that Henderson's credit card was used to pay Ibbotson's hotel accommodation and flight expenses such as landing fees at Nantes as well as fuel for the flight.

Neither is there anything about Henderson lodging the original flight plan or anything in the report that would warrant your belief that Henderson and McKay would be shaking in their boots (or words to that effect) when the report is released. Indeed there is absolutely nothing to incriminate either Henderson or McKay and ,on first reading, they are not implicated at all. Of course these matters might be investigated further when the other reports are released. Another point is the licensing ratings of Ibbotson which do not appear to have been fully investigated by the AAIB as the report states emphatically that:

"The pilot had an FAA PPL issued on the basis of his EASA PPL. His logbook and licence
    were not recovered from the aircraft, and the ratings on his licences and their validity

One thing is for sure and that is the legal ramifications of the flight will not be concluded for a very long time.

Again I state I have enjoyed your posts but you too must be disappointed that it failed to fully justify all your conclusions.
    I reckon they have held stuff back due to a parallel, possibly criminal investigation. That's my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I reckon they have held stuff back due to a parallel, possibly criminal investigation. That's my personal opinion.
    Wales-Bales,
    Your personal opinion is an 'educated opinion' I have come to the conclusion that very few on this messageboard have had any education as I am now wondering why I have been 'called out' a few too many times & now everything I have stated or discussed is within the AAIB Interim report that they are all reading.

I will be waiting for the retractions of the calls of speculation from those who claimed I was speculating without any substance.

Wales-Bales,
    Your personal opinion is an 'educated opinion' I have come to the conclusion that very few on this messageboard have had any education as I am now wondering why I have been 'called out' a few too many times & now everything I have stated or discussed is within the AAIB Interim report that they are all reading.

I will be waiting for the retractions of the calls of speculation from those who claimed I was speculating without any substance.
    The news outlets have been full of all the dodgy stuff, but none of it has been mentioned in the AAIB report.

Wales-Bales,

Probably because you have Magic Roath boots and are looking for the (Im)poster of the year award? How did the Oscars go, btw?

Wales-Bales,

Whats your educational background then. You dont have to be very clever to be able to copy other peoples websites on to this forum, which is basically what you have been doing. All you have been doing is trying to make yourself look clever, whilst at the same time pursuing your hatred of Willie Mckay and other such agents. You may have got a bit more sympathy apart from the fact that you were unable to resist the temptation to show your true colours and call us football fans a bunch of uneducated, bigoted, morons. Well, right back at you with that one. Hopefully, now that the report is released, we will be hearing from you a lot less in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post

Vindec, I am not disappointed by the AAIB Interim Report.... I will be disappointed if the Full report isn't a more concise document that covers everything already known & what is still being investigated

AIR ACCIDENTS INVESTIGATION BRANCH BRIEFING NOTE
    Information
    We investigate civil aircraft accidents and serious incidents in the United Kingdom.

Intent
    We improve aviation safety by determining the circumstances and causes of air accidents and serious incidents, and promoting action to prevent reoccurrence.
    We are a “stand-alone” branch of the Department for Transport and are completely separate from the Civil Aviation Authority. The Chief Inspector of Air Accidents is responsible directly to the Secretary of State for Transport.
    We are responsible for ensuring that the UK complies with its national and international statutory obligations for air accident investigation.
    WE DO NOT APPORTION BLAME
    OR LIABILITY.
    I think this is why in the Interim report there is absolutely nothing to incriminate either Henderson or McKay and ,on first reading, they are not implicated at all, the further investigations being made will be looking at the flight organisers with a fine tooth comb. You will notice that the AAIB haven't apportioned blame or liability on the pilot either, but they have stated facts that allow the readers of the interim report to draw their own conclusions