+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why is this Virus Worse in Spain & Italy?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Why is this Virus Worse in Spain & Italy?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, I agree - I look at the hesitation with implementing the current lockdown and with things like the closing of pubs and think how many lives is that going to cost? I appreciate the scale of the task a new Government has had foisted upon them, but it strikes me that in the early days of this crisis, it was treated in the kind of way a financial crisis would be in that it was almost like an experiment in which some sort of pet theory could be proved or otherwise - we went against the prevailing view among many of our neighbours and it looks like we could pay for that.
    Were the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Officer plus the other experts such as Professor Neal Ferguson complicit in this *experiment" then Bob?

Re: Why is this Virus Worse in Spain & Italy?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Were the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Officer plus the other experts such as Professor Neal Ferguson complicit in this *experiment" then Bob?
    Yes, they were, but see Croesy Blue's answer to your question. It may be harsh, but the Government will be the ones to carry the can in any post virus inquest if there is one to be carried - rest assured, there'd be plenty of crowing from the politicians if our figures looked like Germany's do currently.