Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
Van Gerwen is better than Taylor was in his pomp, just that standards have risen exponentially and MVG, like Taylor, is so used to winning and clawing matches away from the very best when in trouble, that when things don't go so well, they feel pressure and miss shots. There has to be thoughts of "why is this happening? I usually win". Against top opposition, the A game is there, so there might be the odd defeat, but victories are the norm, yet playing against players they'd be expected to beat, when things don't "happen", it creates huge pressure.

As for Price, always thought of him as a cock, but looking more like one who is learning the game, knows how to gee himself up and get the best out of himself and could potentially win a major.
Van Gerwen is the best ever, I agree. He's not a pig of a man like Taylor either, good luck to him.

Price isn't quite there yet. I don't think he's got the A game to take him much further but he's not going to die wondering, that's for sure. He's a character, you're not kidding when you say he knows how to gee himself up.