+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Self Employed Help, Coronavirus Bill

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Self Employed Help, Coronavirus Bill

yeah looks ok in principle better than what i expected

i wish when all this is over the government can make taxation so much easier for self employed people . i notice a few on here and other places think that a lot fiddle the books etc which isn't the case in most cases just use the current laws to gain maximum advantage

Its the system that's wrong not the self employed people that work within the system . IR35 needs to be looked at and refined for starters .How do you tax people fairly that work with money transactions etc ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

i wish when all this is over the government can make taxation so much easier for self employed people . i notice a few on here and other places think that a lot fiddle the books etc which isn't the case in most cases just use the current laws to gain maximum advantage

Its the system that's wrong not the self employed people that work within the system . IR35 needs to be looked at and refined for starters .How do you tax people fairly that work with money transactions etc ?
    IR35 itself is fine. The issue is with the determinations.

As present contractor makes the determination. Not difficult to do, use somebody like Qdos to review the contract. Too many then leave it there - ignore working practices. Easy to get a contract giving outside determination... Got a right of substitution? Cool, but if client don't honour that then working practices trump contract every day.

I've worked with many getting the contract correct and then quite frankly acting like client's bitch. Switch between IT projects at client request? No problem, Sir...

HMRC are blithering idiots, that needs saying, but IR35 isn't an issue when contractor and end client understand the issues and work correctly as a B2B relationship. There are far too many contractors extracting the urine.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Mate lets be honest, I worked self-employed in construction and everyone I know, plumbers, sparkys, carpenters all claim 10-15k a year and earn around 30k I can literally name 10 people even in my small network of friends.