+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What are your favorite AWAY GROUNDS/Trips ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What are your favorite AWAY GROUNDS/Trips ?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    One of my favourite away memories is also Fulham away. When we beat them 2-1 John Buchanon scored and George Best got theirs.
    My favourite ground is Hillsborough
    i think i was there, Peter Sayer pulled the ball back for tony evans to score the winner, Don't believe best played but he was supposed to, it was also on MOTD probably because of Best and Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    i think i was there, Peter Sayer pulled the ball back for tony evans to score the winner, Don't believe best played but he was supposed to, it was also on MOTD probably because of Best and Moore
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Best scored that day - he, and Rodney Marsh, were missing on New Years Day a few weeks later for Robin Friday's debut.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Best scored that day - he, and Rodney Marsh, were missing on New Years Day a few weeks later for Robin Friday's debut.
    not sure but certainly remember Evans winner

SuperBluebirds91

I probably haven't been to as many away grounds as some of the posters on here but I have done a fair few. Just off the top of my head I've been to....Derby, Aston Villa, Birmingham, Bristol city, Brighton, West Ham - Upton Park, Arsenal both Highbury and Emirates, Liverpool, Everton, Crystal Palace (but when it was Wimbledon playing there and shared with CPFC), Swansea, Fulham, Wembley if that counts can't think of any more at the mo but there's probably a couple more that I've forgotten! I have to say my best match day experience out of them all was Brighton a few years back when the Amex was quite new. Everything from the drive down there, how accomadating they were for parking because let's face it....there's hardly any where to park, our trip on the train into Brighton and the beach, the warm welcome we got at Amex and of course the match itself. Love the stadium too despite it being a modern build type. Loved Highbury but not keen on th Emirates and I remember the match at Wimbledon (selhurst park) being something of an intense atmosphere but the ground itself was old and worn!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    I probably haven't been to as many away grounds as some of the posters on here but I have done a fair few. Just off the top of my head I've been to....Derby, Aston Villa, Birmingham, Bristol city, Brighton, West Ham - Upton Park, Arsenal both Highbury and Emirates, Liverpool, Everton, Crystal Palace (but when it was Wimbledon playing there and shared with CPFC), Swansea, Fulham, Wembley if that counts can't think of any more at the mo but there's probably a couple more that I've forgotten! I have to say my best match day experience out of them all was Brighton a few years back when the Amex was quite new. Everything from the drive down there, how accomadating they were for parking because let's face it....there's hardly any where to park, our trip on the train into Brighton and the beach, the warm welcome we got at Amex and of course the match itself. Love the stadium too despite it being a modern build type. Loved Highbury but not keen on th Emirates and I remember the match at Wimbledon (selhurst park) being something of an intense atmosphere but the ground itself was old and worn!
    Soz, my lovely boy/girl, but the Amex is a SHITHOLE

Another vote for Fulham. Buchanan's blinder there in a victory against Best and co. A Friday night win, 4-1, if I recall, then another great trip, either 5-1 or 5-2, when Cohen Griffith terrorised their hapless defenders from beginning to end. Met Boy George in a boozer on one of those occasions, not in the bogs I hasten to add, and a minor actor called John Bindon at another game, although I wasn't aware of who he was until later. He allegedly knocked off Princess Margaret and was one hard b'stard. He approached a group of us in a pub while we abused the locals. "This is a rough manner," he muttered. We laughed as Fulham had no hooligan element.

SuperBluebirds91

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Soz, my lovely boy/girl, but the Amex is a SHITHOLE
    Oh I'm surprised that someone has said that! I thought it was quite a decent stadium despite being the new type. I like it any ways! however, on the flip side I wasn't that keen on Fulham lol! Thought it was like goi g back in a time machine! I guess the toilets were decent though! Lol no but seriously I'm going purely on the ground and surrounding areas - not the matches I've seen at a ground. If it had to be the best match at an away ground I'd say Again - Brighton and the old Highbury! Just personal preference though! Can't stand Anfield - the seats are too small for me to fit my arse in!