+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: McBurnie

Re: McBurnie

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Parkin was doing a podcast at a ground near to where he lived and wasn’t dressed or acting like a ****.
    Yup, i think that they do the odd game and put it up on youtube. If i saw one of our ex players acting like that, i'd cringe. He's from Leeds, How many times did he play against us for them? ****ing bellend.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    think we'd all love it if one of our ex players turned up to watch us play (didn't Parkin go to Derby away and get mobbed by our fans)? The gestures are a bit sad but I saw similar from our fans today
    Totally agree. Our snowflakes are easily offended it seems..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Totally agree. Our snowflakes are easily offended it seems..
    Nobody is offended, just bemused that a bloke from Leeds who plays for Sheffield United and has zero history with our fans feels the need to hate us when most of us have no opinion on him.

I wouldn’t recognise him at all. Wonder if we can book Madine to help us out at Millwall next season?

think we'd all love it if one of our ex players turned up to watch us play (didn't Parkin go to Derby away and get mobbed by our fans)? The gestures are a bit sad but I saw similar from our fans today
    It was up near where he lived. I've no problem with players going to watch their old teams, as mentioned in the thread Heaton and Jerome have come to see us when we're up near their teams, but to travel all the way down from Sheffield is bizarre

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Nobody is offended, just bemused that a bloke from Leeds who plays for Sheffield United and has zero history with our fans feels the need to hate us when most of us have no opinion on him.
    He did play for Swansea for 4 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    He did play for Swansea for 4 seasons.
    Yup, but no bother with us in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    It's like some gimpish 90s band.

Parkin was doing a podcast at a ground near to where he lived and wasn’t dressed or acting like a ****.
    Yeah I forgot he was doing for his Youtube channel/podcast thing so that's fair.

Oli is a knobhead but I think some of the reactions from our fans has been a bit OTT

Exactly, he's a 23 year old kid having a good time FFS.

I bet the Cardiff fans were of all ages reciprocating the gestures, most probably have children his age!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I wouldn’t recognise him at all. Wonder if we can book Madine to help us out at Millwall next season?

Agreed, it's always them, isn't it. He's from Leeds, he's not even a jack. Even Cooper said that their fans dominated the atmosphere in the ground, they've got a village mentality down that way, i don't hate them, i can't even be arsed with them.
    He’s Leeds is he? Explains why he hates us so much. The loser next to him was funnier, the jack players brother who had just had a hair transplant lol

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    What a dick. Making gestures at City fans.

Total lack of professionalism and childish to say the least.

If this was a city player ... past or present, I'd be embarrassed.
    Do new signings at Swansea have to attend an anti-Cardiff induction day? It’s plain odd behaviour. I understand the chip on the shoulder from the dwellers on account of 1955 and how today’s youngsters are raised to remember. But the likes of Tate, Trundle and now McBurnie is just odd. McBurnie may not like Cardiff having been born in Leeds but he really is a ****ing dick isn’t he?

He looks like the bastard offspring of Groundskeeper Willy which doesn’t help... and what on earth was that Barry Island jacket he was wearing???

It's a Swansea thing, very small time mentality. There's quite a large disparity between the Two Cities now, Swansea has gone backwards in every respect. Cardiff as a City is more diverse, multi cultural and forward thinking, that pace is 30 years behind in every respect, their fans and the City is stuck in 1989. As Cardiff has progressed, so have the people. It's sad really and i suppose it's a reflection on how Swansea has been neglected by Politicians and their local Authority. I do have a small amount of sympathy for the racist, backward steroid infested shithole that is Swansea.
    To be fair to them and their clobber, looked more like 2002 rather than 1989, just 25 years behind the times nowadays

GW.JPG

Credit: Lord Dargavel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    Do new signings at Swansea have to attend an anti-Cardiff induction day? It’s plain odd behaviour. I understand the chip on the shoulder from the dwellers on account of 1955 and how today’s youngsters are raised to remember. But the likes of Tate, Trundle and now McBurnie is just odd. McBurnie may not like Cardiff having been born in Leeds but he really is a ****ing dick isn’t he?

He looks like the bastard offspring of Groundskeeper Willy which doesn’t help... and what on earth was that Barry Island jacket he was wearing???
    It is odd, there's no justification for it really. It seems to be the most cretinous Swansea players that get involved with it. The foreign players don't do it. Tate, Trundle, Mc Burnie, Monk, universally challenged the four of them.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    To be fair to them and their clobber, looked more like 2002 rather than 1989, just 25 years behind the times nowadays
    I recently worked on a home where a family from Syria were living, i was speaking to them and they were in Swansea for 6 months before coming to Cardiff. They really liked it here but said that they received loads of racial abuse in Swansea, that's why they came to Cardiff.

It is odd, there's no justification for it really. It seems to be the most cretinous Swansea players that get involved with it. The foreign players don't do it. Tate, Trundle, Mc Burnie, Monk, universally challenged the four of them.
    Don’t mind Trundle. He has a bit of banter with it.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Exactly, he's a 23 year old kid having a good time FFS.

I bet the Cardiff fans were of all ages reciprocating the gestures, most probably have children his age!
    He’s a professional athlete ffs. It’s embarrassing.

Spot on.

I recently worked on a home where a family from Syria were living, i was speaking to them and they were in Swansea for 6 months before coming to Cardiff. They really liked it here but said that they received loads of racial abuse in Swansea, that's why they came to Cardiff.
    That’s hardly surprising, it’s a very white town isn’t it, a bit odd aswell

Exactly. If I was his boss, I wouldn't be too impressed. I wouldn't know him from Adam but I assume others would. Who knows what could happen? It's unprofessional. And pointless. And stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Exactly. If I was his boss, I wouldn't be too impressed. I wouldn't know him from Adam but I assume others would. Who knows what could happen? It's unprofessional. And pointless. And stupid.
    Charged with drink driving as well earlier this season, I doubt Sheffield United will be too happy with this aswell

Its honestly just strange behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Charged with drink driving as well earlier this season, I doubt Sheffield United will be too happy with this aswell

Its honestly just strange behaviour
    No, it's not strange behaviour at all for someone who was born hundreds of miles from the place, had no connection with the area at all, but decided to go in with that town's fans against their biggest rival after playing a few games for them. Perfectly normal behaviour for Swansea.