+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: EFL Clubs Warning

EFL Clubs Warning

Colin is looking for a new job, Unplug your phones, lock your doors and keep an eye on your assets.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51100089

Re: EFL Clubs Warning

If he does get a job then perhaps he can buy the likes of Flint, Pack, Bacuna etc off us at inflated prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    If he does get a job then perhaps he can buy the likes of Flint, Pack, Bacuna etc off us at inflated prices.
    No chance, Colin did a right job on VT and the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    It's funny how you learn to love him while he's here and he goes back to being irritating when he's gone. Sad, as he seems likeable in ways but it's the same corny act over and over "arsenal didn't come in for me"
    He obviously brought happy times here, but I can see why fans of other clubs he's left have had a moan about him

And just after Barcelona have just appointed someone. He must be gutted.

I'd love it if he got a job and did buy Flint, Glatzel, Whyte, Ward, Bogle, Tomlin, Vaulks and Bacuna. We'd get £25m back!!!!

And Smithies, make that £30m!

And Murphy makes £40m.

And we could line up, Day, Peltier, Morrison, Nelson, Bennett, Paterson, Vaulks, Ralls, ? , ?. Oh well maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I'd love it if he got a job and did buy Flint, Glatzel, Whyte, Ward, Bogle, Tomlin, Vaulks and Bacuna. We'd get £25m back!!!!

And Smithies, make that £30m!
    Back to reality now, what do you think that group is really worth?

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Back to reality now, what do you think that group is really worth?
    About £10m without Smithies. £3m for Flint, £3m for Glatzel, £1m for Whyte, 0 for Ward and Bogle, £1 for Tomlin, Vaulks and Bacuna.

Should get £2m for Smithies though.

Well done Neil. just a loss of £13m on those. And we'd only get about £3m for Murphy I think, so another £7m loss just on him.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    About £10m without Smithies. £3m for Flint, £3m for Glatzel, £1m for Whyte, 0 for Ward and Bogle, £1 for Tomlin, Vaulks and Bacuna.

Should get £2m for Smithies though.

Well done Neil. just a loss of £13m on those. And we'd only get about £3m for Murphy I think, so another £7m loss just on him.
    I think a quid each for Tomlin, Vaulks and Bacuna. is a little low mate.

3 million for flint lol

That's nice of him. Gunning for someone else's job so he can break a pointless record.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That's nice of him. Gunning for someone else's job so he can break a pointless record.
    Was going to point out that there would obviously be sackings so he wouldn't be after someone's job, then the cynic in me thought how clever it was to specify where he would drop to to manage and realised a few chairmen might start to look at moving their current manager out for the in waiting promotion superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Was going to point out that there would obviously be sackings so he wouldn't be after someone's job, then the cynic in me thought how clever it was to specify where he would drop to to manage and realised a few chairmen might start to look at moving their current manager out for the in waiting promotion superstar.
    Exactly. Perhaps someone in a slightly less fortunate financial position than NW. Now, his chairman is perhaps less likely to let him see out the season and work on turning at around next.

It obvious that NW's financial dealings while at City at least warrant a closer look. Hasn't anyone at the Western Mail get anything to do? Where is Tan? Moody and Malky had their careers ruined for less.

It obvious that NW's financial dealings while at City at least warrant a closer look. Hasn't anyone at the Western Mail get anything to do? Where is Tan? Moody and Malky had their careers ruined for less.
    Agree completely with you, he has cost this club a fortune and left behind a complete stink around so many aspects of the club. I see he is having major renovations done to his home at present, I wonder who has helped pay for that . I can see him getting cosy somewhere, maybe Cwnty, nah not sure they deserve that.

That is a bit cynical. Surely the same can be said of anyone who says they are not finished with work yet. And is the record pointless? It means something to him. Seems like an excuse to criticise the person rather than the action.

If he does go for a job, tan may well go for the throat again though like he did with malky.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    That is a bit cynical. Surely the same can be said of anyone who says they are not finished with work yet. And is the record pointless? It means something to him. Seems like an excuse to criticise the person rather than the action.

If he does go for a job, tan may well go for the throat again though like he did with malky.
    Cynical? Me? Or Warnock? He's come out in the press and said he'd like to manage for 12 more games. He's laid out a set of prospective circumstances. The part he left out is that the only way any of this could come about is if someone got sacked. How else could this be conceived other than self-serving?

Cynical? Me? Or Warnock? He's come out in the press and said he'd like to manage for 12 more games. He's laid out a set of prospective circumstances. The part he left out is that the only way any of this could come about is if someone got sacked. How else could this be conceived other than self-serving?
    Just sounds like hes shooting from the hip in an interview to me. I imagine he was asked if he would like to manage again and he just answered honestly.