+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What of Bruno Manga?

What of Bruno Manga?

Signed for Dijon at the end of last season. Dijon had avoided relegation in a playoff but had conceded 60 goals in 38 Ligue 1 matches.

So far Manga has been ever present, even captain on 3 occasions, playing at centre back. Dijon are just above the relegation zone but defensively have been far better, conceding just 22 from 20 league games. They also claimed the prize scalp of PSG in the league as well. Manga has also been booked just once.

What I'd give for him to still be here when you think of how much we spaffed against the wall on Flint.

Re: What of Bruno Manga?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Signed for Dijon at the end of last season. Dijon had avoided relegation in a playoff but had conceded 60 goals in 38 Ligue 1 matches.

So far Manga has been ever present, even captain on 3 occasions, playing at centre back. Dijon are just above the relegation zone but defensively have been far better, conceding just 22 from 20 league games. They also claimed the prize scalp of PSG in the league as well. Manga has also been booked just once.

What I'd give for him to still be here when you think of how much we spaffed against the wall on Flint.
    Don't! Flint and Manga no comparison, we even paid a couple of mil extra for the privilege.

To think many on here over the years who slated Bruno, one of the best centre halves we have ever had IMHO.
    Glad to see his new club doing well from his services.

Manga wanted to leave. It’s not as if we forced him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Manga wanted to leave. It’s not as if we forced him out.
    People are aware of his personal situation mate.

Anyway, I'd give anything to be sat in my old seat listening to the old ginger fella that used to scream non stop at manga, I'd pay to hear his opinions on our defence minus one of the best we've had at CB.

Reality bites...

People slagged him off last year a lot but he was playing full back and you could see it wasn’t his natural position. Even then he did a decent job.

I was a big fan of Manga. Classy player. Although he was liable to the odd mistake - who isn't? - he was our best defender by a country mile. Not that important I guess, but he also seems like a really nice fella too. He is missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I was a big fan of Manga. Classy player. Although he was liable to the odd mistake - who isn't? - he was our best defender by a country mile. Not that important I guess, but he also seems like a really nice fella too. He is missed.
    I think it makes a difference. We’ve lost a lot of big characters that knew the club in the summer. We miss his anticipation and stepping out to cut out passes before they got there. He played really well at centre back when Bamba got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think it makes a difference. We’ve lost a lot of big characters that knew the club in the summer. We miss his anticipation and stepping out to cut out passes before they got there. He played really well at centre back when Bamba got injured.
    And when Morrison was ill before that. Bamba and Morrison was our worst centre-back partnership by far last season.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    And when Morrison was ill before that. Bamba and Morrison was our worst centre-back partnership by far last season.
    And people still call for the glory days of that partnership

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    And people still call for the glory days of that partnership
    Yes, makes you think.

There were signs last season that Bamba wasn't the player he was. It'll take him time to recover from such a horrible injury, but I do wonder if we'll ever see him show the form of 2-3 seasons ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, makes you think.

There were signs last season that Bamba wasn't the player he was. It'll take him time to recover from such a horrible injury, but I do wonder if we'll ever see him show the form of 2-3 seasons ago?
    They were once a brilliant partnership, but yeah Bamba probably won't be the same after his injury (that one game sheff weds seriously can't count, just as the one game v Brentford that went the opposite way probably shouldn't be used to say he's now shit) but I hope he can chip in to help us.

Morrison hasn't looked great this season but there are many factors there, PL hangover, who his partner is etc, but he looked brilliant on Sunday. We can't EVER see him and Flint again, but I'd also be wary of a mozza Bamba partnership too.

I watched his game against PSG on the telly, he was unflappable, what a loss he was.

Without him, we’re less likely to be able play out from the back, as well.

I wish he would come back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Without him, we’re less likely to be able play out from the back, as well.
    Sadly.

People are aware of his personal situation mate.

Anyway, I'd give anything to be sat in my old seat listening to the old ginger fella that used to scream non stop at manga, I'd pay to hear his opinions on our defence minus one of the best we've had at CB.
    I had one of those loops shouting the same about Whitt's , god we miss him now .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I had one of those loops shouting the same about Whitt's , god we miss him now .
    I could somewhat understand it when they did it to Bryson (sometimes I was baffled as they did it when he did good as well, they were so used to doing it) but not Manga.

I could somewhat understand it when they did it to Bryson (sometimes I was baffled as they did it when he did good as well, they were so used to doing it) but not Manga.
    I did it for Revell and am happy to defend my actions in doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I did it for Revell and am happy to defend my actions in doing it!
    People are allowed to express how they feel I've never had an issue with it...when it makes sense anyway...

I agree. As has been said, I heard a few fellas in the Family Stand constantly have a pop at Manga and I genuinely didn't get it. But Revell was another matter, especially when he was being picked ahead of Kenwyne.