+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bellamy to lose position at Cardiff City after bullying claims

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bellamy to lose position at Cardiff City after bullying claims

I know several decent people, who I trust implicitly, that have told me that his behaviour at first hand has been dreadful, and that in public he is the polar opposite of people such as Marshall, Bamba, Paterson and many other players we have had at the club. I have a feeling that he sadly has self-inflicted demons as a result of his striving for perfection in his role. I was involved in watching younger age teams being coached for many years and a lot of the "better" coaches showed classic bullying traits from the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I know several decent people, who I trust implicitly, that have told me that his behaviour at first hand has been dreadful, and that in public he is the polar opposite of people such as Marshall, Bamba, Paterson and many other players we have had at the club. I have a feeling that he sadly has self-inflicted demons as a result of his striving for perfection in his role. I was involved in watching younger age teams being coached for many years and a lot of the "better" coaches showed classic bullying traits from the 70s.
    To counter that, I've heard from different sources that players in the Under 18 side are missing Bellamy and that he was highly regarded - I think when you are talking about someone who is involved in the coaching and selection of twenty or more youngsters on a regular basis you are always going to get widely differing opinions about them and I would have thought it was inevitable that there would be plenty of accusations of favouritism.

I have no doubt that he was highly regarded for his technical ability, the issue is about his behaviour here. What was acceptable in a workplace, which is close to what these kids are attending at training, has changed dramatically over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    To counter that, I've heard from different sources that players in the Under 18 side are missing Bellamy and that he was highly regarded - I think when you are talking about someone who is involved in the coaching and selection of twenty or more youngsters on a regular basis you are always going to get widely differing opinions about them and I would have thought it was inevitable that there would be plenty of accusations of favouritism.
    As I have said previously, there is an unofficial sorting process that goes on in age group football, which weeds out the weak links who would totally destroy a professional football team. Watching the aftermath of the Derby game last night, you could see how together all the players were, and that unfortunately is what professional football is all about. You have to be mentally tough and a team player to survive, and only the select few will ever make the cut.