+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Money is really killng football ground atmosphere

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Money is really killng football ground atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Soon we will have safe standing back and atmospheres will return like they have in Germany etc....the noise at the Amsterdam arena last week v spurs puts us all to shame.....awesome
    I was going to post something similar. I've been to games at Holland, Germany & Spain and in each case the atmosphere was far better than anything I've witnessed in the UK. Predominantly because the whole home crowd act as one, you can't say that about Cardiff where the Canton & part of the Ninian create the sound, in Europe it's 360 degree sound with all fans & acting and singing together.

Someone asked me a few days ago what's the best Premier League ground for atmosphere & I struggled for an answer then & now. Wolves & Leicester would probably top my list.

Re: Money is really killng football ground atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I was going to post something similar. I've been to games at Holland, Germany & Spain and in each case the atmosphere was far better than anything I've witnessed in the UK. Predominantly because the whole home crowd act as one, you can't say that about Cardiff where the Canton & part of the Ninian create the sound, in Europe it's 360 degree sound with all fans & acting and singing together.

Someone asked me a few days ago what's the best Premier League ground for atmosphere & I struggled for an answer then & now. Wolves & Leicester would probably top my list.
    The Ajax fans behind the one goal seemed like a throwback to the 80’s, noisy, many topless and all young men. Created a right noise, proper support. Seen similar a few years ago at Bilbao too. Sky try and make out some grounds are noisy but they generally aren’t anymore. Sanitised clappers staring at mobile phones morelike