+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FURY WINS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FURY WINS

Great performance from Fury. Stepped into the jab smothered him and made sure the fight was fought at short range.

Hats off to Wilder to power through to the 7th. But also plaudits to his corner for throwing in the towel and recognising their fighter was beat and in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Great performance from Fury. Stepped into the jab smothered him and made sure the fight was fought at short range.

Hats off to Wilder to power through to the 7th. But also plaudits to his corner for throwing in the towel and recognising their fighter was beat and in trouble.
    It was correct to throw in the towel for the guys safety, however from a selfish point of view I would have loved one more round! Tyson had him set up ready for an absolute barrage that was about to come, think he was 1 minute away from going down again and not getting back up.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    It was correct to throw in the towel for the guys safety, however from a selfish point of view I would have loved one more round! Tyson had him set up ready for an absolute barrage that was about to come, think he was 1 minute away from going down again and not getting back up.
    The fight was over as a contest from round 3 and the towel should have come in much sooner.

After his eardrum burst he had no balance shown by the easy slips and swaying whilst standing and sitting. I'm no fan of his but all credit to Wilder for continuing to the 7th, showed tremendous heart.

His corner though were a shambles.