+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Big Jim Eadie

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Big Jim Eadie

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Apart from making sure I didn't get filled in and seeing Ronnie Bird actually miss a penalty, the main memory I have of the Swansea v City Welsh Cup Semi Final replay at the Vetch in 1970 was the competition me and my mates set whereby we predicted how many times Dave Carver would boot the ball out of the ground during the ninety minutes. I said two, but had already lost by the time the match went into extra time - think it was five in the end .
    You couldn't get two full backs as dissimilar as Carver and Bell but most of the time it worked well. In hindsight, a little bit surprising that no interest was shown by bigger clubs in acquiring Gary Bell.

Re: Big Jim Eadie

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    You couldn't get two full backs as dissimilar as Carver and Bell but most of the time it worked well. In hindsight, a little bit surprising that no interest was shown by bigger clubs in acquiring Gary Bell.
    Yeah, I always rated Gary Bell, despite me only being 10 when he left the club 🙈

I never realised that he then went on to play 126 games for Newport County :-0