+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arm our officers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Arm our officers

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    as a a retired met officer who was an AFO for 15 years my articulate thoughts are that the police don't need or want to be fully armed, what they need is enough armed response to deal with situations that arise, not a problem in London but obviously an issue in other smaller forces, carrying a weapon is a huge responsibility with the onus on you to justify your actions taken in the split second of an incident perhaps to a jury months later when what you did can be minutely examined, not everyone wants that responsibility, we've seen previous threads on this board with people asking why didn't they shoot to wound sums up the predicament nicely
    Pah, people coming on here who know what they're talking abou and talking sense based on their experience??? Away with you man.

Seriously though, respect to you sir.

In a side note, when I was at uni we played rugby against the met, hard as fookin nails the lot of them. I also used to play for Orpington and we had a couple of officers from the met who were bonkers

Re: Arm our officers

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Pah, people coming on here who know what they're talking abou and talking sense based on their experience??? Away with you man.

Seriously though, respect to you sir.

In a side note, when I was at uni we played rugby against the met, hard as fookin nails the lot of them. I also used to play for Orpington and we had a couple of officers from the met who were bonkers
    everybody wanted to get stuck into the met rugby team, so tended to get their retaliation in first