+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Proud to be Welsh/British?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Proud to be Welsh/British?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I can never understand the logic of being proud of being any nationality.
    However, I fully understand that people can be proud of the values of a country they were born in or live in.
    I absolutely agree. Nationality is ephemeral anyway; it's only a method of organising the administration of a collective and that can change shape many times over millennia. I think people can start becoming proud when they contribute to the important questions of human experience like solving hatred, poverty, disease, climate change and violence etc et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I absolutely agree. Nationality is ephemeral anyway; it's only a method of organising the administration of a collective and that can change shape many times over millennia. I think people can start becoming proud when they contribute to the important questions of human experience like solving hatred, poverty, disease, climate change and violence etc et al.

Yet none of these things have ever been solved, so perhaps trying is an indication of stupidity.
    Far better to be practical and work around or confront them.
    We know you've bought into the idea of a borderless world , which is a subliminal message of those who profit from one way trade advantages and weaponised immigration , but that's really not the point of this thread you know .

Philip, I've felt a bit down and needed a laugh to cheer me up so I've unlocked your infantile bilge from ignore. Come on now you must have a smidgen of intellect buried in there deep down: don't you understand the concept of "how long is a piece of string"?