PDA

View Full Version : Steve Borley...

olderblue
01-01-15, 19:53
I think Steve Borley is an honourable man. He has supported our club through thick and thin, and has frequently put his health and his money on the line. He may have made some bad decisions, but I think every one of them was what he believed was in the best interests of the club.
I also don't like the attacks on Scott young, who has been a great servant of the club over a number of years. Maybe he isn't a great coach, but once again I think he is doing his very best. (Which sadly may not be good enough.)
I don't think either men like whats happening at the club, however they have to be more diplomatic (in public at least) than we need to be. Does he still attend on match day? looked like there was no bugger in the Directors box against Watford

Saundersfootblue
01-01-15, 20:06
Judas.
I thought there was only 1 Judas, however I have seen tens of thousands turn up for Red Dragon games, why single out Borley? What he has done is no better or worse than those that endorse the franchise by financially and/ or emotionally supporting it.
Whoever you are you should shut up. You're a WUM.
http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/ayatollah.gif Listen sonny.If i had not bought my ST for last season on the price freeze then Tan would have sold my seat for a lot more than i paid for it.Therefore i deprived Tan of revenue.Season ticket for next season.?

blue matt
01-01-15, 20:13
Judas.
I thought there was only 1 Judas, however I have seen tens of thousands turn up for Red Dragon games, why single out Borley? What he has done is no better or worse than those that endorse the franchise by financially and/ or emotionally supporting it.Steve, is that you ? ? ?

ivorall
01-01-15, 22:06
leave the man alone hes cardiff through and through
Hes put loads of his own money into cardiff
if you want to have a go at someone pick on

TAN

01-01-15, 22:23
Can you really blame someone for protecting an investment, whilst he's well off its not like he's able to just write his money off. Unfortunately some things do have to come before football.

blue matt
01-01-15, 22:47
Can you really blame someone for protecting an investment, whilst he's well off its not like he's able to just write his money off. Unfortunately some things do have to come before football.I have always said that he was good enough to see us through the times when no fooker wanted to know us, so for him to not rock the boat, its hardly surprising and most would do the same

01-01-15, 23:34
Can you really blame someone for protecting an investment, whilst he's well off its not like he's able to just write his money off. Unfortunately some things do have to come before football.
I have always said that he was good enough to see us through the times when no fooker wanted to know us, so for him to not rock the boat, its hardly surprising and most would do the sameI always feel bad that Barry Macauliff gets grief on here, do people expect someone to rock the boat so they lose their job? Especially something like working in football which is a very difficult industry to get certain positions in.

pompeyblue
02-01-15, 07:39
Let's not forget the integral part be played in forcing through the whole rebrand, arguably for his own financial benefit.At least he seems to have learnt not to get involved in twitter and message board bickering.

02-01-15, 08:40
I think Steve Borley is an honourable man. He has supported our club through thick and thin, and has frequently put his health and his money on the line. He may have made some bad decisions, but I think every one of them was what he believed was in the best interests of the club.
I also don't like the attacks on Scott young, who has been a great servant of the club over a number of years. Maybe he isn't a great coach, but once again I think he is doing his very best. (Which sadly may not be good enough.)
I don't think either men like whats happening at the club, however they have to be more diplomatic (in public at least) than we need to be. First world problems

02-01-15, 08:46
Let's not forget the integral part be played in forcing through the whole rebrand, arguably for his own financial benefit.
With all the anger being sent in the way of Vincent Tan, and to a lower extent Russell Slade, he seems to have got himself off the hook.Maybe as a director he knew the true position of the club...

Vimana.
02-01-15, 08:47
I don't think either men like whats happening at the club, however they have to be more diplomatic (in public at least) than we need to be.
How about we stop attacking each other, and focus on the real enemy TAN. UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.And that is a shame for all concerned.

The Lone Gunman
02-01-15, 09:11
Maybe as a director he knew the true position of the club...Maybe. Although if he did, then it's curious that the Chairman and CEO didn't...

02-01-15, 09:58
I don't think either men like whats happening at the club, however they have to be more diplomatic (in public at least) than we need to be.
How about we stop attacking each other, and focus on the real enemy TAN. UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.
I agree with a lot of what you say but there's being diplomatic and then there is going completely OTT to defend the rebrand and belittling long term supporters who had a different viewpoint. He was best to say nothing at all or at least stick to "the rebrand was necessary to save the club" line.Why? It's only football after all. Maybe watching football is what most of us want to do and really we shouldn't concern ourselves too much with matters beyond our control.

02-01-15, 10:00
Maybe as a director he knew the true position of the club...
Maybe. Although if he did, then it's curious that the Chairman and CEO didn't...Really? There are plenty of examples of one director knowing about the workings of a company that the chairman or CEO weren't privy to. Being a civil servant I wouldn't expect you to be too familiar with corporate governance other than what you have read in a book. Perhaps you are outside of your comfort zone here but don't really appreciate it. It certainly appears that way.

The Lone Gunman
02-01-15, 10:10
Really? There are plenty of examples of one director knowing about the workings of a company that the chairman or CEO weren't privy to. Being a civil servant I wouldn't expect you to be too familiar with corporate governance other than what you have read in a book. Perhaps you are outside of your comfort zone here but don't really appreciate it. It certainly appears that way.Corporate governance? What has that got to do with Cardiff City Football Club?

02-01-15, 10:14
Really? There are plenty of examples of one director knowing about the workings of a company that the chairman or CEO weren't privy to. Being a civil servant I wouldn't expect you to be too familiar with corporate governance other than what you have read in a book. Perhaps you are outside of your comfort zone here but don't really appreciate it. It certainly appears that way.
Yup, that must be it. TG and Whiteley were out of the loop. Borley knew best. And got weighed in, remarkably enough.It's like shelling peas

Vimana.
02-01-15, 10:16
How about we stop attacking each other, and focus on the real enemy TAN. UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.
I agree with a lot of what you say but there's being diplomatic and then there is going completely OTT to defend the rebrand and belittling long term supporters who had a different viewpoint. He was best to say nothing at all or at least stick to "the rebrand was necessary to save the club" line.
Spot on, Steve lost a lot of respect from a lot of supporters for the way he behaved at the time. It won't be forgotten.Cheer up grumpy.

Tuerto
02-01-15, 10:16
Maybe. Although if he did, then it's curious that the Chairman and CEO didn't...
Really? There are plenty of examples of one director knowing about the workings of a company that the chairman or CEO weren't privy to. Being a civil servant I wouldn't expect you to be too familiar with corporate governance other than what you have read in a book. Perhaps you are outside of your comfort zone here but don't really appreciate it. It certainly appears that way.Same with you then, you don't produce a thing, just make your living from other peoples hard work and endeavour. What skills do you have that make a difference to society and the economy?

Tuerto
02-01-15, 10:17
Really? There are plenty of examples of one director knowing about the workings of a company that the chairman or CEO weren't privy to. Being a civil servant I wouldn't expect you to be too familiar with corporate governance other than what you have read in a book. Perhaps you are outside of your comfort zone here but don't really appreciate it. It certainly appears that way.
Yup, that must be it. TG and Whiteley were out of the loop. Borley knew best. And got weighed in, remarkably enough.
Corporate governance? What has that got to do with Cardiff City Football Club?Atleast that would be productive.

The Lone Gunman
02-01-15, 10:18
It's like shelling peasIndeed. But not like corporate governance.

Jimmy the Jock
02-01-15, 10:28
I agree with a lot of what you say but there's being diplomatic and then there is going completely OTT to defend the rebrand and belittling long term supporters who had a different viewpoint. He was best to say nothing at all or at least stick to "the rebrand was necessary to save the club" line.
Spot on, Steve lost a lot of respect from a lot of supporters for the way he behaved at the time. It won't be forgotten.
Mind you, some of it is now comedy gold. It was recalled on Twitter only yesterday when the red seats were first rumoured in the new stand that Borley tweeted he didn't care what colour they would be as someone would always be sat on them in games so nobody would see them.That would imply he has another one.

Arbiter
02-01-15, 10:32
Maybe. Although if he did, then it's curious that the Chairman and CEO didn't...
Really? There are plenty of examples of one director knowing about the workings of a company that the chairman or CEO weren't privy to. Being a civil servant I wouldn't expect you to be too familiar with corporate governance other than what you have read in a book. Perhaps you are outside of your comfort zone here but don't really appreciate it. It certainly appears that way.Is there really any need to adopt such an attitude, Feedback? You are an intelligent person and you do not need to resort to schoolboy insults. Why not just argue your point reasonably if you think you have a good case. People don't seem to realise that insulting other posters does not necessarily strengthen their own case.

Otis
02-01-15, 10:34
Is there really any need to adopt such an attitude, Feedback? You are an intelligent person and you do not need to resort to schoolboy insults. Why not just argue your point reasonably if you think you have a good case. People don't seem to realise that insulting other posters does not necessarily strengthen their own case.Yeah, but, he's right about civil servants though.

the other bob wilson
02-01-15, 10:34
Spot on, Steve lost a lot of respect from a lot of supporters for the way he behaved at the time. It won't be forgotten.So says the man who has posted tens of thousands of messages about UK politics on a football messageboard since the last General Election http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif .

02-01-15, 10:36
Same with you then, you don't produce a thing, just make your living from other peoples hard work and endeavour. What skills do you have that make a difference to society and the economy?You have a point. However without accountants and tax advisors hmrc wouldn't have any idea about what taxes are due and we would see the collapse of public services.

Jimmy the Jock
02-01-15, 10:36
Is there really any need to adopt such an attitude, Feedback? You are an intelligent person and you do not need to resort to schoolboy insults. Why not just argue your point reasonably if you think you have a good case. People don't seem to realise that insulting other posters does not necessarily strengthen their own case.
Yeah, but, he's right about civil servants though. Is there really any need to adopt such an attitude, Otis? You are an intelligent person and you do not need to resort to schoolboy insults. Why not just argue your point reasonably if you think you have a good case. People don't seem to realise that insulting other posters does not necessarily strengthen their own case.

02-01-15, 10:37
Spot on, Steve lost a lot of respect from a lot of supporters for the way he behaved at the time. It won't be forgotten.
Mind you, some of it is now comedy gold. It was recalled on Twitter only yesterday when the red seats were first rumoured in the new stand that Borley tweeted he didn't care what colour they would be as someone would always be sat on them in games so nobody would see them.You make some valid points, however one you have missed is that really, it's no one's business other than the shareholders.

Yup, that must be it. TG and Whiteley were out of the loop. Borley knew best. And got weighed in, remarkably enough.
Corporate governance? What has that got to do with Cardiff City Football Club?
It's like shelling peasDepends if you like peas

Elysium
Mind you, some of it is now comedy gold. It was recalled on Twitter only yesterday when the red seats were first rumoured in the new stand that Borley tweeted he didn't care what colour they would be as someone would always be sat on them in games so nobody would see them. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

The Penguin
02-01-15, 10:38
Yup, that must be it. TG and Whiteley were out of the loop. Borley knew best. And got weighed in, remarkably enough.So ummm yeah, it's quite relevant actually but im happy to help.

02-01-15, 10:38
It's like shelling peas
Indeed. But not like corporate governance.Quite, and they are two subjects you have limited knowledge of.

02-01-15, 10:40
Is there really any need to adopt such an attitude, Feedback? You are an intelligent person and you do not need to resort to schoolboy insults. Why not just argue your point reasonably if you think you have a good case. People don't seem to realise that insulting other posters does not necessarily strengthen their own case.I accept your criticism.

The Penguin
02-01-15, 10:41
Is there really any need to adopt such an attitude, Feedback? You are an intelligent person and you do not need to resort to schoolboy insults. Why not just argue your point reasonably if you think you have a good case. People don't seem to realise that insulting other posters does not necessarily strengthen their own case.What's rude about this? It's not insulting in any way. If someone seems clearly lacking in understanding of a subject then it's not rude to suggest it. Feedback has hardly been insulting.

Mabinogion
02-01-15, 10:41
Maybe. Although if he did, then it's curious that the Chairman and CEO didn't...He certainly didn't know what was going on with the finances when Sam Hammam (*spits) was running the circus. I believe the quote was "It's his money, he can do what he wants with it!".

Elysium
02-01-15, 10:42
Could you define "corporate governance" and could you define "shelling peas" http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/sherlock.gif

The Lone Gunman
02-01-15, 10:44
As Feedy alluded to, it's possible you're out of your depth but I can help.There are no words.

02-01-15, 10:45
Mind you, some of it is now comedy gold. It was recalled on Twitter only yesterday when the red seats were first rumoured in the new stand that Borley tweeted he didn't care what colour they would be as someone would always be sat on them in games so nobody would see them.I thought you had me on ignore. It would appear that, just like your stance regarding the rebrand, you change your tune with alarming regularity. It's hard to keep up with you as you're all over the place.

02-01-15, 10:45
As Feedy alluded to, it's possible you're out of your depth but I can help.
There are no words.Apart from the 4 you just wrote obviously.

The Lone Gunman
02-01-15, 10:47
Quite, and they are two subjects you have limited knowledge of.Much like your good self and the 'governance' of Cardiff City Football Club, it seems. Tell me, have you ever talked to Messrs Borley or Whiteley on this particular subject? I have.

The Lone Gunman
02-01-15, 10:47
Apart from the 4 you just wrote obviously. That was Jobson's choice.

Elysium
02-01-15, 10:48
Mind you, some of it is now comedy gold. It was recalled on Twitter only yesterday when the red seats were first rumoured in the new stand that Borley tweeted he didn't care what colour they would be as someone would always be sat on them in games so nobody would see them.
First world problemsYou can't say things like that about the deity that is Bob the Blogger

Elysium
02-01-15, 10:49
Apart from the 4 you just wrote obviously.
That was Jobson's choice.Who's he?

the other bob wilson
02-01-15, 10:49
Mind you, some of it is now comedy gold. It was recalled on Twitter only yesterday when the red seats were first rumoured in the new stand that Borley tweeted he didn't care what colour they would be as someone would always be sat on them in games so nobody would see them.
First world problemsWhat's so funny? Feedback is currently showing 16.000+ posts about half of which, at least, would have touched on UK politics in some way and there's been a few occasions in the past five years where there's been "clean ups" whereby people have lost thousands of the messages they've posted to free up space. Tens of thousands doesn't seem like an exaggeration to me, but even if it is, it still makes no difference to the point I was making about the irony of him of all people saying "we should not concern ourselves with matters beyond our control"

The Lone Gunman
02-01-15, 10:50
That was Jobson's choice.
Who's he?Used to be the lead vocalist for the Skids.

Packerman
02-01-15, 10:50
As Feedy alluded to, it's possible you're out of your depth but I can help.
There are no words.
Apart from the 4 you just wrote obviously. the season of goodwill has officially ended http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

02-01-15, 10:51
That was Jobson's choice. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

02-01-15, 10:52
That was Jobson's choice.
Who's he?
Used to be the lead vocalist for the Skids.Which ironically is where your current thinking seems to be

The Penguin
02-01-15, 10:52
First world problems
Nigel is correct in as much as that it wont be forgotten, but that SB's previous altruism and 'City through and through' actions will have become overshadowed (for many) by more recent stories.To be fair, you've got a point there http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

Packerman
02-01-15, 10:53
First world problems
Nigel is correct in as much as that it wont be forgotten, but that SB's previous altruism and 'City through and through' actions will have become overshadowed (for many) by more recent stories.croesy and feedy have a mutual assistance pact, feedy only fails to honour this pact if croesy is beyond help http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

02-01-15, 10:55
First world problems
Nigel is correct in as much as that it wont be forgotten, but that SB's previous altruism and 'City through and through' actions will have become overshadowed (for many) by more recent stories.Where have I concerned myself about matters beyond my control?

Elysium
First world problems
Nigel is correct in as much as that it wont be forgotten, but that SB's previous altruism and 'City through and through' actions will have become overshadowed (for many) by more recent stories."tens of thousands", to me, implies 20,000, 30,000, 40,000 maybe even 90,000. Which is why I chuckled at your exaggeration. Never mind, no big deal.

the other bob wilson
First world problems
Nigel is correct in as much as that it wont be forgotten, but that SB's previous altruism and 'City through and through' actions will have become overshadowed (for many) by more recent stories.Happy New Year Croesy http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif .

02-01-15, 10:59
Mind you, some of it is now comedy gold. It was recalled on Twitter only yesterday when the red seats were first rumoured in the new stand that Borley tweeted he didn't care what colour they would be as someone would always be sat on them in games so nobody would see them.No biggy

saganspirit
02-01-15, 11:09
First world problemsWhat possible reason could he have to have you on ignore...

02-01-15, 11:18
First world problems
Nigel is correct in as much as that it wont be forgotten, but that SB's previous altruism and 'City through and through' actions will have become overshadowed (for many) by more recent stories.Back to your question...I have no idea why anyone would put me in ignore unless they are fascists who don't agree in free speech and the inalienable right to express yourself.

Arbiter
02-01-15, 11:20
Is there really any need to adopt such an attitude, Feedback? You are an intelligent person and you do not need to resort to schoolboy insults. Why not just argue your point reasonably if you think you have a good case. People don't seem to realise that insulting other posters does not necessarily strengthen their own case.
What's rude about this? It's not insulting in any way. If someone seems clearly lacking in understanding of a subject then it's not rude to suggest it. Feedback has hardly been insulting.He kindly accepted the criticism. Intelligent posters are able to argue a point without ad hominem comments.

Jimmy the Jock
02-01-15, 11:23
First world problems
Nigel is correct in as much as that it wont be forgotten, but that SB's previous altruism and 'City through and through' actions will have become overshadowed (for many) by more recent stories.
I think its fair to imagine that very very few of us ever get to know exactly what is going on behind the scenes, but collectively we dissect it based upon guesswork and interpretation of how thing appear to be.Sorted..

Jimmy the Jock
02-01-15, 11:24
poor Steve isnt getting a look in now.

GRUMPYS DEN
02-01-15, 11:26
Mind you, some of it is now comedy gold. It was recalled on Twitter only yesterday when the red seats were first rumoured in the new stand that Borley tweeted he didn't care what colour they would be as someone would always be sat on them in games so nobody would see them.Leave me out of this-haven't said a word!!! http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/rolleyes.gif

waynekerr55
02-01-15, 11:28
2 pages and not one post blaming Dave Jones for ruining corporate governance at Cardiff City FC.

This place has changed...

Vimana.
02-01-15, 11:29
poor Steve isnt getting a look in now.Meanwhile the Nurses and 'other undeserving feckless types' are now on standby for a festive seasonal sidetrack sideshow kicking by the mass collective of Armed Accountants, Tax Commandos and Bailed Out Bankers in Arms ..

Jimmy the Jock
02-01-15, 11:32
2 pages and not one post blaming Dave Jones for ruining corporate governance at Cardiff City FC.Imagine he had the wealth of riches to spend that were bestowed on Ollie?

02-01-15, 11:32
http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30648333

Dr Tim Muff
02-01-15, 11:54
First world problems
Nigel is correct in as much as that it wont be forgotten, but that SB's previous altruism and 'City through and through' actions will have become overshadowed (for many) by more recent stories.
I think its fair to imagine that very very few of us ever get to know exactly what is going on behind the scenes, but collectively we dissect it based upon guesswork and interpretation of how thing appear to be. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&th=385737 &goto=4128579&rid=170#msg_4128579 (http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&th=385737&goto=4128579&rid=170#msg_4128579)

02-01-15, 11:57
First world problems
I think its fair to imagine that very very few of us ever get to know exactly what is going on behind the scenes, but collectively we dissect it based upon guesswork and interpretation of how thing appear to be.
In the latter respect, SB's recent actions do seem uncomfortably at odds with his admirable earlier actions.Not really, you are just a cock end

Vimana.
02-01-15, 12:00
http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif
Meanwhile the Nurses and 'other undeserving feckless types' are now on standby for a festive seasonal sidetrack sideshow kicking by the mass collective of Armed Accountants, Tax Commandos and Bailed Out Bankers in Arms ..Meanwhile BorelyMan has finally floated away - in a gas like state - under the door http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

02-01-15, 12:03
The bankers only get their bonuses if they deliver the goods. For investment bankers this means oiling the wheels of the economy such that we all benefit.

When you look at it that way it is clear that bankers really do deserve their bonuses, which most will agree aren't commensurate with the role they play in society

Dr Tim Muff
02-01-15, 12:35
First world problems
I think its fair to imagine that very very few of us ever get to know exactly what is going on behind the scenes, but collectively we dissect it based upon guesswork and interpretation of how thing appear to be.
In the latter respect, SB's recent actions do seem uncomfortably at odds with his admirable earlier actions.
and that is a shame for all concerned.Is there really any need to adopt such an attitude, Feedback? You are an intelligent person and you do not need to resort to schoolboy insults. Why not just argue your point reasonably if you think you have a good case. People don't seem to realise that insulting other posters does not necessarily strengthen their own case.

Elysium
02-01-15, 13:03
First world problems
In the latter respect, SB's recent actions do seem uncomfortably at odds with his admirable earlier actions.
and that is a shame for all concerned.
Why? It's only football after all. Maybe watching football is what most of us want to do and really we shouldn't concern ourselves too much with matters beyond our control.Oh, the irony.

Vimana.
02-01-15, 13:09
First world problems
Why? It's only football after all. Maybe watching football is what most of us want to do and really we shouldn't concern ourselves too much with matters beyond our control.
So says the man who has posted tens of thousands of messages about UK politics on a football messageboard since the last General Election http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif .Just saying.

ragbone
02-01-15, 13:20
Let's not forget the integral part be played in forcing through the whole rebrand, arguably for his own financial benefit.But we must hate someone http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/sherlock.gif

Elysium
02-01-15, 13:38
First world problems
Why? It's only football after all. Maybe watching football is what most of us want to do and really we shouldn't concern ourselves too much with matters beyond our control.
So says the man who has posted tens of thousands of messages about UK politics on a football messageboard since the last General Election http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif .
BobMy sincere apologies for not having read all 105 posts in this thread in detail before making my comment.

jon1959
02-01-15, 13:43
The bankers only get their bonuses if they deliver the goods. For investment bankers this means oiling the wheels of the economy such that we all benefit.Did you know that £1m isn't rich any more? http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/shrug.gif

Vimana.
02-01-15, 13:51
First world problems
So says the man who has posted tens of thousands of messages about UK politics on a football messageboard since the last General Election http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif .
Bob
Just to clarify, you still have me on ignore, but you quote me directly as in the post above. Either you're lying or you have lied.Two hands on the keyboard please Mr Master Banter http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/rolleyes.gif

Elysium
02-01-15, 13:57
First world problems
Bob
Just to clarify, you still have me on ignore, but you quote me directly as in the post above. Either you're lying or you have lied.
No biggy A somewhat tetchy start to the new year for you Mr Vimana. Anything you need to get off your chest? http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

Vimana.
02-01-15, 14:03
First world problems
Bob
Just to clarify, you still have me on ignore, but you quote me directly as in the post above. Either you're lying or you have lied.
No biggy
What possible reason could he have to have you on ignore...Tetchy? not at all ! - it is but lighthearted banter about your amusing fail, of course. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/smiley.gif

Dr Tim Muff
02-01-15, 14:15
First world problems
Bob
Just to clarify, you still have me on ignore, but you quote me directly as in the post above. Either you're lying or you have lied.Apology accepted http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

Elysium
02-01-15, 14:18
First world problems
Bob
No biggy It wasn't aimed at you but if you are feeling that needy - you are more than welcome.

alfie sherwood
02-01-15, 14:47
Let's not forget the integral part be played in forcing through the whole rebrand, arguably for his own financial benefit.
With all the anger being sent in the way of Vincent Tan, and to a lower extent Russell Slade, he seems to have got himself off the hook.Isn't that why God gave us Noel Edmonds?

steve borley
02-01-15, 16:50

Vimana.
02-01-15, 16:53
http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/yikes.gif

Elysium
02-01-15, 16:55
http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/yikes.gif http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

Jimmy the Jock
02-01-15, 17:04
**** off Steve this has nothing to do with you.**** off Steve this has nothing to do with you.

Scooby Doo
02-01-15, 17:12
Such is his contempt for the club, he's mocking this thread, the worm has truly turned, not a nice man and certainly not the man from Llanrumney made good anymore.

Elysium
02-01-15, 17:14
Such is his contempt for the club, he's mocking this thread, the worm has truly turned, not a nice man and certainly not the man from Llanrumney made good anymore.How on earth do you make that out??

purple haze2
02-01-15, 17:29
Some really crass and appalling comments on this thread.

Steve had an awful lot to lose if Tan didn't invest.

He had invested in our club for many years when there was little coming from elsewhere.

He is Cardiff City through and through and a damn sight more than some of you ungrateful people.

Same applies to Scott Young.

Do you think Steve Borley, Scott Young or even Vincent Tan wanted to see us do poorly, yet some clowns on here want us to fail !!!

When Tan came here, he did bail us out.

I know who I believe and that's Steve Borley as he would have had far greater knowledge to make an informed choice, than the pure speculation, supposition and wild exaggerations of those who are on this modern day witch hunt.

I dislike the colour change and I would suspect so does Steve Borley and Scott Young. They can't confirm that as they are intrinsically linked to the club and Tan.

The colour change or the actual death of our club was an easy choice for me to make.

So called fans proclaim that their club is already dead to them are clearly exaggerating their feelings of being disenfranchised, as the club is still called Cardiff City FC, playing out of the Cardiff City Stadium which is located in the City of Cardiff.

Our history of winning the FA Cup in 1927, along with 2 other FA Cup finals, the relatively successful years in the 1920's, some time in the old Div 1 for 7 seasons in the 50's and early 60's, the selling of Toshack, the awful years between 1985 and 2000, our reputation for wanting to fight opposition fans and even some of our own. That's all history that cannot be changed.

Tan had a vision of our future and it would have been the most successful period in our history.

However, Malky and Moody mismanaged the mass of funds given to them by Tan and others and we underperformed based on our spending under Malky and especially and surprisingly under OGS.

Tan even gave OGS massive funds for him to sign players he thought would prove successful.

Let's be honest, most on here and independent journalists and bookmakers thought we would be favourites to return to PL.

So Tan in fairness has had EVERY intention to make us as successful as he possibly could.

Scooby Doo
02-01-15, 17:38
Some really crass and appalling comments on this thread.So in fairness, you are talking bollox http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

Jimmy the Jock
02-01-15, 18:07
Some really crass and appalling comments on this thread.We are ****ed until he goes.

Stavross CCFC
02-01-15, 18:09
Some really crass and appalling comments on this thread.What has irritated people is the consistent support/defending of the rebrand by him, to an extent where he was mocking long term supporters for not going along with it on social media. He could have just said nothing or left it at 'it was the only option available to see the club survive, but he didnt and it went OTT for me and now people see him in a slightly different light to a time before the rebrand.

blueslippers
02-01-15, 18:11
**** off Steve this has nothing to do with you.
http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

ninian200
02-01-15, 18:12
Some really crass and appalling comments on this thread. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/love.gif http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/love.gif http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/love.gif

Otis
02-01-15, 23:18
Say what you want about Steve, his daughter is absolutely fit as ****. Top work Steve. I appreciate it.

jbgnuts
02-01-15, 23:42
Say what you want about Steve, his daughter is absolutely fit as ****. Top work Steve. I appreciate it.Some right cretins on here been watching for 5 minutes,absolute bollocks ,Without Mr Borley there wouldnt be a shirt of any colour to fight over, Scott Young is a legend, a Cardiff City legend trying do his best for his club under very difficult circumstances sometimes I wonder if we got some thickest,dumbest, numpties,watching cos they aint fans thats for sure.

purple haze2
03-01-15, 00:52
Steve had an awful lot to lose if Tan didn't invest.What would you expect him to say ?

Jimmy the Jock
03-01-15, 10:47
Steve had an awful lot to lose if Tan didn't invest.
He had invested in our club for many years when there was little coming from elsewhere.Change the colours back to blue and start the healing process.