PDA

View Full Version : In 11 of the first 13 home games in Dave jones's first season why did we fail to get crowds of 12,50

goslow
01-01-15, 09:51
Now that the success and novelty of a new ground has worn off the football fans of cardiff are doing what they've always done,supporting man utd and liverpool.

waynekerr55
01-01-15, 12:03
Was it the FA Cup Final season that you could get a Bob Bank terrace season ticket for £199?
Yes last few seasons at ninian was £199 for a BB terrace season ticket. Fixed for you http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

Matty P
01-01-15, 12:22
Results are sole reason for crowds.

Look at the season in the Premiership, nothing has changed off the field, we're still red, Tan is still Tan, but we were selling out every game.

Tan serves as a good excuse for many to not renew masking the fact this decision is driven by the prospect of the team being an average Championship side again for a number of seasons, this isn't of course the case for everyone but the renewals would be a lot higher if we were at the top of the Championship.

What the poor results do though is provide greater solidarity behind the calls for a return to blue, I'd happily take a few years mid-table in the Championship for a return to blue.

Jimmy the Jock
01-01-15, 12:46
Results are sole reason for crowds.Unless you mean we were sell outs?

ken smith
01-01-15, 13:20
Over the last 10-15 years, our core fan base has grown due to good cup runs and things like the price freeze in season tickets. A better marketed club would possibly work with what their customers want to maintain this or even grow.

What Tan is doing now will put us back 30-40 years in my opinion. People on both sides can snipe as much as they want, but if Tan doesn't change us back to blue next season everyone of us loses really. Tan will lose money and face, the non-renewers miss their football and the renewers get to sit in what will be the club equivalent of Wales matches at the millennium.

Hubert Cumberdale
01-01-15, 13:31
Some of the football at the start of the 06/07 was the best I've seen at Cardiff. The first home game we drew 1-1 against I particulalrly remember being in awe of our passing ability. McPhail at his peak.

Father Dougal
01-01-15, 14:22
Some of the football at the start of the 06/07 was the best I've seen at Cardiff. The first home game we drew 1-1 against I particulalrly remember being in awe of our passing ability. McPhail at his peak.Also Gilbert- how good was he?? Whatever happened to him by the way?

Matty P
01-01-15, 14:55
Results are sole reason for crowds.
Look at the season in the Premiership, nothing has changed off the field, we're still red, Tan is still Tan, but we were selling out every game.Has been the same for the last ten years or more, probably longer but I was younger then and before that just accepted we were rubbish so enjoyed every point!!

TruBlue
01-01-15, 15:05
Over the last 10-15 years, our core fan base has grown due to good cup runs and things like the price freeze in season tickets. A better marketed club would possibly work with what their customers want to maintain this or even grow.Added to that I expect we'll have a price increase coming for the next season which will probably be quite a jump for some of us who are on the current freeze. Oh and the football is currently crap, it's meant to be an entertainment business, but I can't see many being entertained currently. It's almost become the case of the game getting in the way of a good day out.

BlueArmy 86
02-01-15, 01:10
It was due to Mark Hudson. People are only just realising that we sold him and he's never coming back!