PDA

View Full Version : Bupa - Yes or No

02-01-15, 12:21
Sorry for all the medical threads. Just thinking about it all now.

Just did a quote for me and partner £64.98pm.

Im one of those people who believe it will never happen to me. Never really see the doctor, never injured, so im never going to get cancer or any other illness. But after visiting the hospital last night its got me thinking, is Bupa worth it?

02-01-15, 12:25
Yes its worth it. If you can afford to then do it as it takes the pressure off the nhs meaning those who do use it will get a better service.

02-01-15, 12:35
Yes its worth it. If you can afford to then do it as it takes the pressure off the nhs meaning those who do use it will get a better service.Be interesting to know how many people have bupa cover that can afford it. (Higher earners etc) Like you say then, it would take a load off the NHS.

Pearcey
02-01-15, 12:43
Yes its worth it. If you can afford to then do it as it takes the pressure off the nhs meaning those who do use it will get a better service.How does that work? Many doctors work less hours on NHS work to fit in their work for BUPA so it doesn't take pressure off the NHS at all.

nugent
02-01-15, 13:59
I might get it. Do you get full cover, X rays etc.

surge
02-01-15, 14:03
Yes its worth it. If you can afford to then do it as it takes the pressure off the nhs meaning those who do use it will get a better service.
I think I might. Just reading up on what you get, and seems worthwhile. I pay £15pm for a bank account I dont use. High earners ignore their GP and take their child straight to A&E.

Observer
02-01-15, 14:04
Are the nurses sexier?

bobh
02-01-15, 19:01
How does that work? Many doctors work less hours on NHS work to fit in their work for BUPA so it doesn't take pressure off the NHS at all.Then they farm you out to NHS hospitals to recover.

TH63
02-01-15, 19:57
I had it as a perk with my last job, (paid a fair wedge of tax for it mind) I needed an op last year, 2 month wait on the nhs or a week wait private. It was like checking into a hotel.
I no longer work for the same company so don't have it any more.

Fine Lines
02-01-15, 20:04
I believe the trick is to get a quote and sign up when your young and healthy. I suspect signing up when not in peak condition is expensive.