PDA

View Full Version : BT infinity Broadband

Elysium
02-01-15, 18:09
anyone any comments?

Just ordered it. Is it wort a few quid a month extra to traditional broadband?

Jimmy the Jock
02-01-15, 18:10
not that great.

Packerman
02-01-15, 18:11
depends if you have the speed in your area i guess

Blues Boy
anyone any comments?Not in my personal experience.

Stavross CCFC
Can't get it in my area, was also looking to order it - seems like they've got some good deals on at the mo and friends who I know that have got it, have absolutely no complaints.

Elysium
02-01-15, 18:15
depends if you have the speed in your area i guess 76 Mbps apparently.

Scooby Doo
02-01-15, 18:20
It's better than Virgin.

Vaio
02-01-15, 18:37
The basic bt fibre package is limited to something like 20gb a month, which will get used up in a week if you stream TV or movies.

02-01-15, 18:38
I have it and more than happy enough.

My experience of BT though is if anything does go wrong there is NO worse company to deal with

valleys caveman
02-01-15, 19:34
I cant wait for my 18 month contract with BT to finish. Been a mare the 5 months I've been with them. Started with a installer not being able to get a line to my house in the morning and him telling me someone else was on the way to do the job. Waited in all day and no one else turned up. BT then gave me another date for installation, I took the morning off work no one turned up, rang BT and they told me the installer was delayed and would be with me in the hour. Waited all afternoon no one turned up. Rang BT to see what was going on and they told me I didn't even have an appointment booked for that day despite me having an email and text message confirming appointment.

I then cancelled but kept getting calls off BT and they convinced me they'd get the job done blah blah blah. Signed back up, installer turned up, job done. BT then overcharged me £120 on my first bill for installation which was supposed to be free. Phoned them up and they sorted it out. My second bill came and I was overcharged again by £15. Phoned them up and they'd put me on a different package to what I signed up for. They apologised and said they'd switch package to the one I signed up to. My third bill came, and again I was overcharged because they hadn't put me on the package I signed up for yet again.

Fourth bill came and they had charged me extra for going over my 20GB allowance despite me not watching any videos, streaming etc, just surfing basically. Just had an email off them saying Id used 14GB of my 20GB in less than a week!
I used a dongle previously and 7GB would last me a month, so I'm not sure why my usage with BT is so high. Needless to say I wont be renewing.

Fine Lines
02-01-15, 19:55
Had it 3 years or so and not had a problem. Signed up for the BT TV recently and very impressed with that also. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif