PDA

View Full Version : Whittingham, sorry Baker but the game is up.

The Penguin
02-01-15, 20:45
Incredibly it seems Silly Slade started with Harris up front but when he realised there was a man down in midfield swapped him with Harris, throwing him up as almost an out an out striker in a 4 4 2.

Are we so very poor that Whittingham must be on the pitch no matter what? Just in case we get a corner? Is that it? Is that Silly Slades bag of tricks?

We have strikers on the bench who must be scratching their heads with Whittingham up front contributing marginally more than the apathetic Macheda.

Adeyemi and Ralls ARE providing much needed energy and I think a few games together might see them settle but we all know Slade will put Whitts or Gunnarson back in. Noone is rubbish, and under Slade our full backs do not overlap.

It's a sad sorry mess but right at the heart of it is a waste of time, Peter Wittingham. He is not a striker so why us he up there? He ain't a central midfielder either.

He either plays where he was effective what seems 100 years ago or he must be moved on in the window.

Slade does not have the foggiest idea what he is doing. Adeyemi and Ralls are at least giving energy but we are carrying Whittingham, Noone and Macheda.

Will Slade change it? Will he feck. He doesn't know how.

Bye bye Whittingham, your number is up son. Good innings, but you're too old and too slow.

ragbone
02-01-15, 20:52
Incredibly it seems Silly Slade started with Harris up front but when he realised there was a man down in midfield swapped him with Harris, throwing him up as almost an out an out striker in a 4 4 2.Very well written sarcasm, made me chuckle.

Daniel15
02-01-15, 21:01
Another assist for Whitts

Mrs Steve R
02-01-15, 21:02
Another assist for Whitts http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/Dsmile.gif

Colonel Cærdiffi
02-01-15, 21:02
Another assist for WhittsHE'S USELESS, HOLDING US BACK FFS

ragbone
02-01-15, 21:04
HE'S USELESS, HOLDING US BACK IS FFSWhy is FFS holding us back ?

Auntie Andy
02-01-15, 21:04
Incredibly it seems Silly Slade started with Harris up front but when he realised there was a man down in midfield swapped him with Harris, throwing him up as almost an out an out striker in a 4 4 2. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/wave.gif http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

Daniel15
02-01-15, 21:05
HE'S USELESS, HOLDING US BACK FFSIn fact, all 3 goals have come from Whittingham corners. NEM with another mare

Ainsley Harriott
02-01-15, 21:06
Incredibly it seems Silly Slade started with Harris up front but when he realised there was a man down in midfield swapped him with Harris, throwing him up as almost an out an out striker in a 4 4 2.HAHAHA when does that ever happen eh???

The Penguin
02-01-15, 21:07
And here come the usual suspects.

An underhit corner that Jones did all the work for.

I've had enough, if it wasn't for Adeyemi Ralls and Harris we could be out.

Daniel15
02-01-15, 21:10
And here come the usual suspects.If it wasn't for Whittingham we'd be out. Speaking of Adeyemi - Whittingham puts an open goal for him and he missed it.

Colonel Cærdiffi
02-01-15, 21:11
Standing ovation for Whitts leaving the field after another job well done.

He's had a good game tonight

ragbone
We don't want players who are showing skilful touches ,do we ,madness ???

Aim your anger and views to those that don't care and show no aptitude to play for our club,not someone who is a great servant and still delivering.

02-01-15, 21:15
No wonder the penguin has to change his name every week. Worse than prince ffs

Daniel15
02-01-15, 21:16
No Whitts and we concede? Suddenly this game looks very dangerous

ragbone
02-01-15, 21:20
No Whitts and we concede? Suddenly this game looks very dangerousHe adds composure,experience, as well as undoubted skill.

rich munn
02-01-15, 22:27
Incredibly it seems Silly Slade started with Harris up front but when he realised there was a man down in midfield swapped him with Harris, throwing him up as almost an out an out striker in a 4 4 2. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/ayatollah.gif

goslow
02-01-15, 22:29
http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

the other bob wilson
02-01-15, 22:30
Incredibly it seems Silly Slade started with Harris up front but when he realised there was a man down in midfield swapped him with Harris, throwing him up as almost an out an out striker in a 4 4 2.We stopped playing once Whittingham went off.

Spooky Tree
02-01-15, 22:32
I thought Whitts was quite effective further forward. We went to shit when he went off.

Wild Bill
02-01-15, 22:36
Incredibly it seems Silly Slade started with Harris up front but when he realised there was a man down in midfield swapped him with Harris, throwing him up as almost an out an out striker in a 4 4 2.You are certifiably insane.

GRUMPYS DEN
02-01-15, 22:45
Incredibly it seems Silly Slade started with Harris up front but when he realised there was a man down in midfield swapped him with Harris, throwing him up as almost an out an out striker in a 4 4 2.
Are we so very poor that Whittingham must be on the pitch no matter what? Just in case we get a corner? Is that it? Is that Silly Slades bag of tricks?That might be the case but there is no doubt we need the energy and strength Ralls and Adeyemi provide-raw they may be but alongside Whittingham they did their bit.Noone was very disappointing but I think he is best out wide on the right.Our passing was awful all night and Whittingham is not exempt from criticism.The big problem is the team is totally devoid of confidence and believe and the scoreline flattered us tonight against a team who will be League 2 next season.

Wrong Side of the Severn
02-01-15, 22:47
Our midfield collapsed after Whittingham went off and then they scored and nearly scored another. The original post has to be a wind up.

lukeBBW
02-01-15, 23:29
Incredibly it seems Silly Slade started with Harris up front but when he realised there was a man down in midfield swapped him with Harris, throwing him up as almost an out an out striker in a 4 4 2.I did also mention though that whitts only plays well these days when he plays in a 5 man midfield and doesn't have to defend. Today he looked good but it was against a poor league 1 team where out midfield wasn't overrun. On the weekend he was poor in a 4 man midfield against better opposition.

Baker
03-01-15, 01:49
Whittingham was sheer class against Colchester, as he always is.

He and Kenwyne our carrying us.

Spooky Tree
03-01-15, 01:51
It was actually refreshing to see Whitts so far forward.

the other bob wilson
03-01-15, 04:42
Are we so very poor that Whittingham must be on the pitch no matter what? Just in case we get a corner? Is that it? Is that Silly Slades bag of tricks?
We have strikers on the bench who must be scratching their heads with Whittingham up front contributing marginally more than the apathetic Macheda.I made a single comment to counter a message which, as far as Whittingham is concerned at least, the writer could have made half an hour before the game started because he's like a stuck record on him and you always know exactly what he is going to post. He doesn't allow little things like how his target plays in a particular game to influence his opinion on them - last night he chose the wrong target, simple as that.

The Penguin
03-01-15, 08:39
Our midfield collapsed after Whittingham went off and then they scored and nearly scored another. The original post has to be a wind up.This club is going yo gave a shitload of players moving on but Whittingham will stay and my question is simple. Where should he be playing if he stays? Too many people think he should be playing because he is Peter Whittingham.

Daniel15
03-01-15, 08:54
So let me get this straight - Kenwyne Jones over hits a simple pass in behind and its deemed as "blinding". Whilst Whittingham picks out a run from his colleague to the near post which results in a goal, but it was under hit and clearly a fluke.

What's the point in debating Peter Whittimgham with you?

You clearly don't remeber Whittingham's ball into the 6 yard box from open play - that Adeyemi simply had to prod home. Unfortunately Adeyemi fluffed his lines and the ball went out for a goal kick. Suppose that one was over hit - of course Whittingham didnt mean to find his colleague for another sure goal there?

lardy
03-01-15, 08:54
Too many people think he should be playing because he is Peter Whittingham.That is the general idea of team selection, yes.

Wrong Side of the Severn
03-01-15, 10:53
Our midfield collapsed after Whittingham went off and then they scored and nearly scored another. The original post has to be a wind up.My gawd. The bloke was actually serious.

GRUMPYS DEN
03-01-15, 12:01
We have strikers on the bench who must be scratching their heads with Whittingham up front contributing marginally more than the apathetic Macheda.
Adeyemi and Ralls ARE providing much needed energy and I think a few games together might see them settle but we all know Slade will put Whitts or Gunnarson back in. Noone is rubbish, and under Slade our full backs do not overlap.Did I say differently?I was looking at the bigger picture as to why Whittingham appeared to give an improved performance.I would say that is due in part to the performances of Ralls and Adeyemi in midfield.

Steve R
03-01-15, 14:43
HE'S USELESS, HOLDING US BACK FFSAnother Jones player ruined by Young.

Watamistakatomaka
03-01-15, 15:44
HE'S USELESS, HOLDING US BACK FFS
In fact, all 3 goals have come from Whittingham corners. NEM with another mareThere are plenty of players who can take free kicks and corners, AND contribute to game besides. Whitts does feck all besides, no tackles, no pace, no pass over 5yds.....get rid of him ASAP!

PhD Blues
03-01-15, 16:01
we consistently have 4 or 5 players who put in less effort and deliver far less quality than Whitts and so this post is puzzling.
Last night Whitts played well and provided some quality. When compared to Macheda, Le Warren Feeney Fumble he is levels better

Laz is a BLUEbird
04-01-15, 05:10
Load of shit

ken smith
04-01-15, 18:37
You want to drop Whittingham for Ralls?

Ralls is shit. I do agree with you on Noone being really poor this season though.