PDA

View Full Version : This does now beg the question of another boycott against a top 4 side

Arfur Europe
02-01-15, 21:04
On the one hand, if done properly it would send a very strong signal out to Tan as it would be extremely well publicised, but on the other, I can well imagine any boycotters would be very quickly replaced by a mixture of day out families, plastics and away fans.

Tricky one for the campaigners if that's what the draw brings.

Lawley Kazoo
02-01-15, 21:06
Well probably draw Gillingham or someone anyway.

Bluemellons
02-01-15, 21:07
I'm hoping we get Blyth Spartans at home.....a nice sub-2000 crowd!

Arfur Europe
02-01-15, 21:07
Well probably draw Gillingham or someone anyway.Highly likely, but as long as it's a possibility, it needs considering.

TruBlue
02-01-15, 21:14
It'd be a stupid move to even try it against a top 4 club. The club would be able to sell any tickets to to the general public and then claim a victory over any boycott.

I wouldn't count this game as a real boycott, more just the general poor feeling the club is creating means it's easy to miss games.

Arfur Europe
02-01-15, 21:15
So as I was saying, what effect would a boycott have when Colchester are in the next round

TruBlue
02-01-15, 21:20
So as I was saying, what effect would a boycott have when Colchester are in the next roundIf Colchester get into the next round mate, I think we can safely say the Cardiff City fourth round tie will be a total boycott. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/Dsmile.gif

Lawnmower
02-01-15, 21:20
So as I was saying, what effect would a boycott have when Colchester are in the next roundAnd, like the league cup game v Bournemouth that is how most outsiders will see us.

valleys caveman
02-01-15, 21:22
Has the attendance been announced yet http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/sherlock.gif

goslow
02-01-15, 21:26
It'd be a stupid move to even try it against a top 4 club. The club would be able to sell any tickets to to the general public and then claim a victory over any boycott. ^^^^^this.

Arfur Europe
02-01-15, 21:30
So as I was saying, what effect would a boycott have when Colchester are in the next round
Mate just text me. Not a City fan .Can't see it happening personally.

surge
02-01-15, 21:32
Think staying outside after the march would be best so the media can see how many are not going in would work best, or at least delaying going in.

This doesn't count as a real boycott for many fans but hopefully all those saying they'd never miss a game because it's where they see their mates etc. are now more open to it. We don't have to have a mass boycott but it needs to be a possibility.

TruBlue
02-01-15, 21:34
Mate just text me. Not a City fan .
Boycott my arse. Ground was full for man u last year.How would you convince a South Wales based Man United fan not to buy a ticket because normal fans have boycotted? It would be impossible hence it would be stupid to even try it.

02-01-15, 21:35
If would be better to protest in the ground if at all I suppose. Man United fans would just be in the home end anyway otherwise

Lawnmower
02-01-15, 21:35
Boycott my arse. Ground was full for man u last year.A real statement would have been for thousands to go in. Transfer themselves to the Canton, raise dlags and sing, invade the pitch if need be. But it's far easier to say fck it and go to the pub instead.

surge
02-01-15, 21:41
Boycott my arse. Ground was full for man u last year.
You just don't want to watch a lower league club.That would have been great but no one thought of it.

Arfur Europe
02-01-15, 21:43
Think staying outside after the march would be best so the media can see how many are not going in would work best, or at least delaying going in. Although I stand by my view of wanting Tan to stay but change his stance on the colours / badge, so we can all unite and move on.

TruBlue
02-01-15, 21:44
You just don't want to watch a lower league club.You are right going to the pub is easier than going to jail. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/Dsmile.gif

saganspirit
02-01-15, 21:48
Think staying outside after the march would be best so the media can see how many are not going in would work best, or at least delaying going in.
This doesn't count as a real boycott for many fans but hopefully all those saying they'd never miss a game because it's where they see their mates etc. are now more open to it. We don't have to have a mass boycott but it needs to be a possibility. Do you genuinely believe that will happen though?

Under the Splott-light
02-01-15, 21:51
For me personally I just didn't want to go, it's just not a nice place to be anymore, I have nothing to prove to Tan.

Too much emphasis on psychology and one upmanship against Vincent but in simple terms if the club no longer appeals to you just stop attending.

Lawnmower
02-01-15, 21:52
You just don't want to watch a lower league club.
And, like the league cup game v Bournemouth that is how most outsiders will see us. However I'm one who wouldn't want a ban. Also im a long way away at the moment. Thirdly I doub many would take any notice of me !

Stavross CCFC
02-01-15, 21:53
I don't ever remember this being a game where an official boycott was organised. It was more a mixture of continual shite football and atmosphere at previous games, the opposition, it was live on to and general apathy with the club and Vincent Tan. A boycott will happen but let's see if any progress is made with the planned protests 1st.

athoma37
02-01-15, 21:54
Jacks at home!! We'll get hammered!! Hopefully the final nail in slades coffin!!

EdinburghBlue
02-01-15, 21:56
For me personally I just didn't want to go, it's just not a nice place to be anymore, I have nothing to prove to Tan.Neither was the grange end at NP, fighting with the Valleys apes. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

TruBlue
For me personally I just didn't want to go, it's just not a nice place to be anymore, I have nothing to prove to Tan.I still wanted us to win and enjoyed watching it from the sofa, but not really a boycott.

Pug
Mate just text me. Not a City fan .If we were playing Man u in tonights game I would have gone.

Arfur Europe
02-01-15, 22:06
This doesn't count as a real boycott for many fans but hopefully all those saying they'd never miss a game because it's where they see their mates etc. are now more open to it. We don't have to have a mass boycott but it needs to be a possibility.
Purely from a strategic point of view, in my 'Top 4' scenario in the OP, the campaigners would have to buy up the tickets and then not turn up for the greatest effect.I always live in hope on most things.

bobh
02-01-15, 22:08
Has the attendance been announced yet http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/sherlock.gif 4,194 on BBC website.

chris
03-01-15, 12:41
Boycott my arse. Ground was full for man u last year.in the same way a boycott against a top 4 club would never work, too many fans would still decide to turn up. the time to boycott was when tan first took over, and unfortunately too many fans decided to follow tans mantra. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

Cardiff Irish
03-01-15, 13:11
Imagine if it's Swansea next round???

You heard it here first.....