PDA

View Full Version : Slade Just Doesn't Get It

bon jovi
04-01-15, 20:27
Keep saying a winning run will bring the fans back. NOT THIS ONE.
We could go on a 10 match winning run winning 10 nil every game and it won't bring me back! BACK TO BLUE MR. SLADE - AND NOTHING ELSE WILL BRING ME BACK.

ccfcazzurri
04-01-15, 20:31
Totally agree. He just does not get it. Cardiff Fans don't give a stuff if they're team loses as long as they give 100% effort. They'll still get clapped off. They don't care what division they're in, mostly, as most of us have seen them play in every division. Most of them in the lower ones !

What will bring us back is our traditional colours, badge and feeling of being valued and not THE NECESSARY EVIL that the owner/club have to put up with.

Cardiff Bread
04-01-15, 20:40
He just does not get it.He's just toeing the party line, so-to-speak.

taff7
04-01-15, 20:42
Slade probably does "get it" But he's in no position other than to tow the party line. You'd have to be a complete moron not to "get it".

ragbone
04-01-15, 20:46
Applying the conditions of his contract which any boss would require , that doesn't make him a bad football manager, just one who is obeying his terms and conditions in the right and proper manner , he probably has a sensible view on the colour of the shirt we should wear , unlike some managers/staff we have had who choose to abuse their position.

What Slade does get is the basics of football , and inheriting an overpaid under committed squad not best suited for this league, Lets see what he brings to the table, and then judge him.

Lawley Kazoo
04-01-15, 20:47
He just does not get it.
I would imagine he does get it.This is surely the case, in fact I would be very surprised if tan doesn't get new employees to sign some sort of agreement not to talk about rebrand issues.

Cardiff Bread
04-01-15, 20:50
He just does not get it.
I would imagine he does get it.
He's not going to openly criticise the management without first expecting to get sacked. And then possibly taken to the cleaners in the press.Agreed

olderblue
04-01-15, 20:56
He just does not get it.
I would imagine he does get it.He's like Churchill the nodding dog, just doing what his paymaster tells him

taff7
04-01-15, 21:04
He just does not get it.
He's not going to openly criticise the management without first expecting to get sacked. And then possibly taken to the cleaners in the press.Just like Malky and Ole before him!

Jimmy Jimmy
04-01-15, 21:07
It's Slade's job to win as many matches as he can - in hopefully an attractive manner - thats all.

It's not Slades job to give you or anyone else an ego massage, get the team to play in blue - that is Tan / Choo's job - and they arent doing a good job of it

olderblue
04-01-15, 21:13
He just does not get it.
He's not going to openly criticise the management without first expecting to get sacked. And then possibly taken to the cleaners in the press.
Everyone after MM must be aware of this and, for me, this is why people will be weary of joining Cardiff.Totally out of his depth here

bon jovi
04-01-15, 21:22
It's Slade's job to win as many matches as he can - in hopefully an attractive manner - thats all.WTF has anyones ego got to do with it ?? As far as I'm concerned it's got NOTHING to do with anyones ego except for Tans. Certainly not mine, it's about pride and passion for me and respect for my clubs traditions. That is not an ego trip.

taff7
04-01-15, 21:22
He just does not get it.
He's not going to openly criticise the management without first expecting to get sacked. And then possibly taken to the cleaners in the press.
Everyone after MM must be aware of this and, for me, this is why people will be weary of joining Cardiff.
He's just toeing the party line, so-to-speak.I wasn't comparing their playing careers or their managerial careers. Do you not agree Malky and Ole were nodding dogs too? Or were they somehow the exception to the rule?

Jimmy Jimmy
04-01-15, 21:28
"BACK TO BLUE MR. SLADE - AND NOTHING ELSE WILL BRING ME BACK"

Oh get you demanding that Slade do that - when it has nothing to do with him - or maybe it does , maybe you can DEMAND that he does something else for you whilst he works on the blue problem http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/shrug.gif

olderblue
04-01-15, 21:33
He just does not get it.
Everyone after MM must be aware of this and, for me, this is why people will be weary of joining Cardiff.
He's just toeing the party line, so-to-speak.
"this is why people will be weary of joining Cardiff"Ole was bought in on mega money and was obviously the wrong choice, Malky, viewed it as a stepping stone once the involvement and pressure became too much for him IMHO and Slade was just happy to have a job and do as he is told, I guess http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

taff7
04-01-15, 21:36
He just does not get it.
"this is why people will be weary of joining Cardiff"
Spot on that's why we've ended up with a lower league journeyman manager that has never won a promotion in his career, who was one game away from getting the old tin tac from OrientThere you go!

olderblue
04-01-15, 21:43
He just does not get it.
Spot on that's why we've ended up with a lower league journeyman manager that has never won a promotion in his career, who was one game away from getting the old tin tac from Orient
Totally out of his depth in this league and at a club this sizeMaybe I'm just good with the odd guess

taff7
04-01-15, 21:49
He just does not get it.
Spot on that's why we've ended up with a lower league journeyman manager that has never won a promotion in his career, who was one game away from getting the old tin tac from Orient
Totally out of his depth in this league and at a club this size
He's like Churchill the nodding dog, just doing what his paymaster tells himLet me ask you this; Is Slade a bad manager or is he being told what to do in terms of training and team selection?

olderblue
04-01-15, 21:56
He just does not get it.
Totally out of his depth in this league and at a club this size
He's like Churchill the nodding dog, just doing what his paymaster tells him
Just like Malky and Ole before him!What do you think?

taff7
04-01-15, 21:58
I don't think uncle Vinny has **** all to do with the club at present.

Although he may be heavily involved in asset stripping which Slade can do nothing about!

Bluemellons
04-01-15, 22:02
In fairness its not his fault. Sir Alex Ferguson would struggle in the current circumstances.
What disappoints me more is the likes of Rob Phillips, Blakey and BBC Wales not coming out and saying how it is....they all skirt around the situation. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/shrug.gif

olderblue
04-01-15, 22:03
I don't think uncle Vinny has **** all to do with the club at present.However back to the question, do you think Slade is a bad manager?

taff7
04-01-15, 22:07
Although he may be heavily involved in asset stripping which Slade can do nothing about!I'm not sure TBH. The team has been pretty poor under his tenure. However, every manager deserves atleast 1 transfer window to bring their own players in and implement their style of play. Agree?

olderblue
04-01-15, 22:18
Although he may be heavily involved in asset stripping which Slade can do nothing about!
Success has many fathers, failures a B*stardPersonally, I don't expect him to be still here anytime soon

taff7
04-01-15, 22:22
Success has many fathers, failures a B*stard
However back to the question, do you think Slade is a bad manager?And if or when he's sacked, who's next?

insider
04-01-15, 22:31
Ole had 1 transfer window too many it was obvious he was useless as soon as he opened his mouth.
He just talked in football clichés and his team selection was based on the National lottery.
Slade has had to try and knock ole`s overpaid under worked "stars" into some sort of semblance of a football team. I`m giving him this transfer window to see what he can do.

purple haze2
04-01-15, 22:31
However back to the question, do you think Slade is a bad manager?It's all guess work based on a biased one dimensional viewpoint.

purple haze2
04-01-15, 22:38
He just does not get it.
Spot on that's why we've ended up with a lower league journeyman manager that has never won a promotion in his career, who was one game away from getting the old tin tac from OrientDo you think Pulis, Neil Lennon or any other prospective new manager would 'get it' and speak out against their owner within a few months of accepting the job in the same colours ?

BlueWales
04-01-15, 22:41
Just for the record it's " wary " not " weary " you knumbskulls.

Lawley Kazoo
04-01-15, 22:47
Just for the record it's " wary " not " weary " you knumbskulls.You really have to get it right if you're going to slag some ones spelling. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

olderblue
04-01-15, 23:07
However back to the question, do you think Slade is a bad manager?
I'm not sure TBH. The team has been pretty poor under his tenure. However, every manager deserves atleast 1 transfer window to bring their own players in and implement their style of play. Agree?If you have that's your call

purple haze2
04-01-15, 23:23
I'm not sure TBH. The team has been pretty poor under his tenure. However, every manager deserves atleast 1 transfer window to bring their own players in and implement their style of play. Agree?
No, based on what I've seen I would question if you could trust him to bring in the type of players that are requiredFor various reasons, he might have a different attitude now.

olderblue
04-01-15, 23:33
I'm not sure TBH. The team has been pretty poor under his tenure. However, every manager deserves atleast 1 transfer window to bring their own players in and implement their style of play. Agree?
No, based on what I've seen I would question if you could trust him to bring in the type of players that are required
Tan has previously shown that even CEO's don't last long under him (How many have we had 5-6 in the last 3-4 years)?Do you think Slade is the right Manager for us?

Jimmy Jimmy
04-01-15, 23:38
To be fair Blake talked a lot about it last week on radio Wales, and that its just not right there any more

NECS
04-01-15, 23:51
Well that's all very interesting lads and lasses but unfortunately the truth is that the club is rotting from the head down with absolutely no end to it in sight.

purple haze2
04-01-15, 23:54
No, based on what I've seen I would question if you could trust him to bring in the type of players that are required
Tan has previously shown that even CEO's don't last long under him (How many have we had 5-6 in the last 3-4 years)?
I don't believe that the players have any respect for Slade as a manager, so unless he can get shot of them all and replace them in January, he's got no chance of having any success IMHO.I have the humility to certainly know that I am not right all the time, but I would hope that everyone else on this board could admit the same about themselves.

olderblue
04-01-15, 23:55
Well that's all very interesting lads and lasses but unfortunately the truth is that the club is rotting from the head down with absolutely no end to it in sight.As much as it pains me to say it I have to agree

olderblue
05-01-15, 00:15
Tan has previously shown that even CEO's don't last long under him (How many have we had 5-6 in the last 3-4 years)?
I don't believe that the players have any respect for Slade as a manager, so unless he can get shot of them all and replace them in January, he's got no chance of having any success IMHO.
<b>Lets put it another way, if this was your business would you run it in the way that it is currently being run, and I don't mean the cost cutting with players?

purple haze2
05-01-15, 00:49
I don't believe that the players have any respect for Slade as a manager, so unless he can get shot of them all and replace them in January, he's got no chance of having any success IMHO.

He might be a great guy and a very nice person, however just based on what I've seen if it was my hard earned he was spending he wouldn't get much of it that's for sure.I've been both an employee and employer, so can see Tan's, Slade's and fans perspectives.

lardy
05-01-15, 01:19
I certainly accept that fans must question matters like the rebrand, but to simply question and not try to understand the replies means that fans create monologue rather than dialogue.What replies have we had?

purple haze2
05-01-15, 01:42
I certainly accept that fans must question matters like the rebrand, but to simply question and not try to understand the replies means that fans create monologue rather than dialogue.
What replies have we had?When people think poles apart, then the aim is to try to bring the thinking even just a little closer together.

lardy
05-01-15, 02:47
I certainly accept that fans must question matters like the rebrand, but to simply question and not try to understand the replies means that fans create monologue rather than dialogue.
What replies have we had?
Tan has spoken many times.But I can't remember any where he gave reasons for the rebrand, the reasons that you think the fans are supposed to try to understand. So if I've missed it, please give me the quote.

EdinburghBlue
05-01-15, 05:20
Keep saying a winning run will bring the fans back. NOT THIS ONE.Slades only been here a while. It's taken most of our fans 3 seasons to &quot;get it&quot; http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

The Penguin
05-01-15, 14:45
With too many players at the club at present, there will likely be a number of players adversely affecting this 'layering'.I expect Slade to bring 4/5 players in - we need them. If he is shipping the same number out then his 'big squad' statement is simply more fancy words surely.