PDA

View Full Version : FA Cup "Boycott"

Loya Jirga
05-01-15, 10:25
In the event that Cardiff draw one of the "big" boys at home (including Swansea here) , and in the event that the game is televised by BBC - what will you do?

Stavross CCFC
05-01-15, 10:31
I didn't boycott the Colchester game, just couldn't be arsed. Haven't seen a home cup tie since Palace in 2012.

We could draw anyone in the next round at home and I wouldnt go.

dandywarhol
05-01-15, 10:35
http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif[/IMG] Stavross CCFC wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 10:31] I didn't boycott the Colchester game, just couldn't be arsed. Haven't seen a home cup tie since Palace in 2012. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

TruBlue
05-01-15, 10:47
Yes, I never attended but wouldn't class myself as boycotting it.

seethatbluebirdfly
05-01-15, 10:54
Yes, I never attended but wouldn't class myself as boycotting it. This for me too

the other bob wilson
05-01-15, 11:33
I keep on saying that not attending a game as a protest against the rebrand should involve a degree of sacrifice - seems to me many are using the word "boycott" to make the fact that they didn't go to a match where they had to pay to get in to watch a team that have been playing crap for months look more "cool".

Stavross CCFC
05-01-15, 11:38
I keep on saying that not attending a game as a protest against the rebrand should involve a degree of sacrifice - seems to me many are using the word "boycott" to make the fact that they didn't go to a match where they had to pay to get in to watch a team that have been playing crap for months look more "cool". It would be interesting if we did draw someone like Man United, Liverpool or Chelsea in the 4th round at home and how many would 'boycott' then? An organised boycott against one of those would get a lot of press coverage.

qccfc
05-01-15, 11:40
I keep on saying that not attending a game as a protest against the rebrand should involve a degree of sacrifice - seems to me many are using the word "boycott" to make the fact that they didn't go to a match where they had to pay to get in to watch a team that have been playing crap for months look more "cool".
It would be interesting if we did draw someone like Man United, Liverpool or Chelsea in the 4th round at home and how many would 'boycott' then? An organised boycott against one of those would get a lot of press coverage.They would just put the tickets on general sale, and the ground will fill up with people with very little interest in the running of the club.

bon jovi
05-01-15, 12:06
It would be interesting if we did draw someone like Man United, Liverpool or Chelsea in the 4th round at home and how many would 'boycott' then? An organised boycott against one of those would get a lot of press coverage.Liverpool haven't qualified for the 4th round yet.

Stavross CCFC
05-01-15, 12:11
It would be interesting if we did draw someone like Man United, Liverpool or Chelsea in the 4th round at home and how many would 'boycott' then? An organised boycott against one of those would get a lot of press coverage.
Liverpool haven't qualified for the 4th round yet.Apologies swap Liverpool with Manchester City or even Swansea City then.

Stavross CCFC
05-01-15, 12:13
It would be interesting if we did draw someone like Man United, Liverpool or Chelsea in the 4th round at home and how many would 'boycott' then? An organised boycott against one of those would get a lot of press coverage.
They would just put the tickets on general sale, and the ground will fill up with people with very little interest in the running of the club. You're probably right, the floating supporter does want to watch games like that against opposition like that. Shame for Mr Tan, we won't be playing against teams like that next season.

05-01-15, 12:19
The problem with drawing a big team is even if season ticket holders boycott the ground will fill anyway. Getting a big team at home would be a great chance to do a big protest in the ground though.

I would normally attend the FA cup 3rd round as its one of the best days in football, but I've finally had enough of Tan this last 18 months and thought this would be the first chance to boycott. I won't be renewing my season ticket next year unless we have a blue home kit either.

Loya Jirga
05-01-15, 12:34
The problem with drawing a big team is even if season ticket holders boycott the ground will fill anyway. Getting a big team at home would be a great chance to do a big protest in the ground though.I've also seen an argument here where someone said "If I didn't buy my ticket, Tan would have sold it for more money to someone else". Again an argument where I cannot get the logic.

TruBlue
05-01-15, 12:42
The problem with drawing a big team is even if season ticket holders boycott the ground will fill anyway. Getting a big team at home would be a great chance to do a big protest in the ground though.
Personal choices, but I can't quite understand the logic of "I'll boycott, but if the ground is full I'll go because some one else will sit in my seat anyhow".You aren't a a thick bloke. I'm sure if you think reallly hard you can understand the logic, you might nt agree with it, but it's not a difficult concept to grasp.

ooh ah stantona
05-01-15, 12:43
It would be great if we drew one of the big teams and 25,000 turn up then walk out at 19:27.

We will have none of this bull shit in the press saying attendances are low because of bad results. 25K walking out against Man Utd live on Sky or the Beeb with a few we will always be blue banners dotted around will do the return to blue campaign no harm at all.

Squashed Grapes
05-01-15, 12:49
In the event that Cardiff draw one of the "big" boys at home (including Swansea here) , and in the event that the game is televised by BBC - what will you do?If I can get there on time I am thinking about going Magnotsfield tomorrow to watch Merthyr - Glory hunter me see.

Taunton Blue Genie
05-01-15, 12:53
In the event that Cardiff draw one of the "big" boys at home (including Swansea here) , and in the event that the game is televised by BBC - what will you do?
I will decide on the day. As things stand I may not go again for the foreseeable future. But knowing me I will decide to go to a few games.I've been lumbered with watching Cardiff Blues. The ticket was a 'misguided' Christmas present as I have only ever remember seeing a club rugby game once in my life and I have never expressed an interest in seeing another one!

TT BLUEBIRD
05-01-15, 13:06
Didn't boycott the game just didn't want to shell out the money when it was on the TV, been going down the City for 50 old years but it's no longer the draw it used to be for me and won't be buying a season ticket next season

pencoedjack
05-01-15, 13:20
The problem with drawing a big team is even if season ticket holders boycott the ground will fill anyway. Getting a big team at home would be a great chance to do a big protest in the ground though.Guess when you were dining on the top table you were happy(ish) to go along with what Vinny boy gave you.

Loya Jirga
05-01-15, 13:24
Personal choices, but I can't quite understand the logic of "I'll boycott, but if the ground is full I'll go because some one else will sit in my seat anyhow".
I've also seen an argument here where someone said "If I didn't buy my ticket, Tan would have sold it for more money to someone else". Again an argument where I cannot get the logic."I'm not buying a season ticket at £400 because Tan will sell it for £500" only makes sense if the ground is full.

TruBlue
05-01-15, 13:32
Personal choices, but I can't quite understand the logic of "I'll boycott, but if the ground is full I'll go because some one else will sit in my seat anyhow".
I've also seen an argument here where someone said "If I didn't buy my ticket, Tan would have sold it for more money to someone else". Again an argument where I cannot get the logic.
You aren't a a thick bloke. I'm sure if you think reallly hard you can understand the logic, you might nt agree with it, but it's not a difficult concept to grasp. As I said you don't have to agree with that point of view, but I'm amazed you can't understand the logic of something so obvious.

Mrs Steve R
05-01-15, 13:38
I've also seen an argument here where someone said "If I didn't buy my ticket, Tan would have sold it for more money to someone else". Again an argument where I cannot get the logic.
You aren't a a thick bloke. I'm sure if you think reallly hard you can understand the logic, you might nt agree with it, but it's not a difficult concept to grasp. That can't be true can it? Jesus Christ. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/facepalm.gif http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

05-01-15, 13:52
I would normally attend the FA cup 3rd round as its one of the best days in football, but I've finally had enough of Tan this last 18 months and thought this would be the first chance to boycott. I won't be renewing my season ticket next year unless we have a blue home kit either.I couldn't care less what you think pal. I've lived 200 miles away for over 10 years and attended almost every home game so not going to any game is a bit of a pain for me. It will save me about a good few hundred a month though.

05-01-15, 13:54
Personal choices, but I can't quite understand the logic of "I'll boycott, but if the ground is full I'll go because some one else will sit in my seat anyhow".I'd also rather have the ground full of people protesting than plastic mamas/scousers pretending to be city fans for the day.

05-01-15, 14:02
Mancs not mamas, bloody autocorrect http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

pencoedjack
05-01-15, 14:17
I would normally attend the FA cup 3rd round as its one of the best days in football, but I've finally had enough of Tan this last 18 months and thought this would be the first chance to boycott. I won't be renewing my season ticket next year unless we have a blue home kit either.
Some could see that as I boycotted a game against Colchester on a cold Friday night for a game that was on tele.OK I am not surprised you don't care what I think ... but you happily went to games in the PL (& your promotion season) when you were playing in red ? Nobody made you go and spend a few hundred a month I presume ?

05-01-15, 14:22
I've happily gone to games for the last 20 years and the last 3 regardless of the rebrand what's your point?

Gwynedd Blue
05-01-15, 14:30
In the event that Cardiff draw one of the "big" boys at home (including Swansea here) , and in the event that the game is televised by BBC - what will you do?Failed talks about a return to blue may help.