PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's Meeting

splott parker
07-01-15, 21:03
If a confirmed and definite return to blue is not announced I reckon the calling of tomorrow's meeting will be the biggest own goal ever by the club, even bigger than the rebrand. Hopes are being built up, whether realistically or unrealistically, some are even celebrating already it seems. The club are sailing on dodgy seas if they um and aah tomorrow, many will jack in altogether and others will ramp up the protests. Weird of the club to call such a meeting if they reckon fans will,be appeased by things such as price freezes, cheaper pies etc, from our point of view the whole shebang is about one thing and one thing only at the moment, if this isn't addressed and put right tomorrow night the club haven't shot themselves in the foot, the bullet has gone right between the eyes.

Under the Splott-light
07-01-15, 21:06
Sadly those at the club think we're stupid, and easy to manipulate, it wouldn't suprise me at all if they really didn't sense the magnitude of what they've started, or at least some of those that they have invited have started with their desire to be ITK.

Colonel Cærdiffi
07-01-15, 21:09
Tomorrow will just be "OK, thanks for your views, we'll take it to Tan and get back to you".

Lawley Kazoo
07-01-15, 21:09
Too right. Anything other than a return to blue and there are going to be a lot of disappointed and angry fans.

Knowing the club as it is I'm sure there will probably be more questions than answers from the meeting though.

bobh
07-01-15, 21:12
Tomorrow will just be "OK, thanks for your views, we'll take it to Tan and get back to you".If the club think the fans are in revolt now, god help them if this is all they're going to do.

splott parker
07-01-15, 21:14
Sadly those at the club think we're stupid, and easy to manipulate, it wouldn't suprise me at all if they really didn't sense the magnitude of what they've started, or at least some of those that they have invited have started with their desire to be ITK.That's why this meeting malarkey has got me baffled Pete, have they misjudged the current feeling immensely and think,that a few warning shots to the ones attending along the lines of admin, cutbacks etc will calm everyone down ahead of the upcoming planned protest events? Negativity and finger wagging from Dalman or Choo will result in even more and intense protest in my opinion. Can they be that daft/naive? Then again it is Cardiff City.

Under the Splott-light
07-01-15, 21:24
Sadly those at the club think we're stupid, and easy to manipulate, it wouldn't suprise me at all if they really didn't sense the magnitude of what they've started, or at least some of those that they have invited have started with their desire to be ITK.
That's why this meeting malarkey has got me baffled Pete, have they misjudged the current feeling immensely and think,that a few warning shots to the ones attending along the lines of admin, cutbacks etc will calm everyone down ahead of the upcoming planned protest events? Negativity and finger wagging from Dalman or Choo will result in even more and intense protest in my opinion. Can they be that daft/naive? Then again it is Cardiff City.I honestly think this meeting has nothing to do with the change of kit back to blue Steve, at least from the clubs point of view, with renewals just around the corner I reckon the club is just trying to drum up support from the pals they have in the stands, it's all speculation on my part as I know nobody inside the club but for me the club may've unwittingly jabbed a big stick into the hornets nest.

Lawley Kazoo
07-01-15, 21:29
That's why this meeting malarkey has got me baffled Pete, have they misjudged the current feeling immensely and think,that a few warning shots to the ones attending along the lines of admin, cutbacks etc will calm everyone down ahead of the upcoming planned protest events? Negativity and finger wagging from Dalman or Choo will result in even more and intense protest in my opinion. Can they be that daft/naive? Then again it is Cardiff City.
I honestly think this meeting has nothing to do with the change of kit back to blue Steve, at least from the clubs point of view, with renewals just around the corner I reckon the club is just trying to drum up support from the pals they have in the stands, it's all speculation on my part as I know nobody inside the club but for me the club may've unwittingly jabbed a big stick into the hornets nest. Also Borley has stated on ****ter that it is to discuss the rebrand.

bobh
07-01-15, 21:30
That's why this meeting malarkey has got me baffled Pete, have they misjudged the current feeling immensely and think,that a few warning shots to the ones attending along the lines of admin, cutbacks etc will calm everyone down ahead of the upcoming planned protest events? Negativity and finger wagging from Dalman or Choo will result in even more and intense protest in my opinion. Can they be that daft/naive? Then again it is Cardiff City.
I honestly think this meeting has nothing to do with the change of kit back to blue Steve, at least from the clubs point of view, with renewals just around the corner I reckon the club is just trying to drum up support from the pals they have in the stands, it's all speculation on my part as I know nobody inside the club but for me the club may've unwittingly jabbed a big stick into the hornets nest.
But if it is the case then why invite boycotters?re-rebrand, shirley? http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

Under the Splott-light
07-01-15, 21:31
I honestly think this meeting has nothing to do with the change of kit back to blue Steve, at least from the clubs point of view, with renewals just around the corner I reckon the club is just trying to drum up support from the pals they have in the stands, it's all speculation on my part as I know nobody inside the club but for me the club may've unwittingly jabbed a big stick into the hornets nest.
But if it is the case then why invite boycotters?No idea, I have a healthy distrust of those who 'run' the club.

darran1927
07-01-15, 21:32
I honestly think this meeting has nothing to do with the change of kit back to blue Steve, at least from the clubs point of view, with renewals just around the corner I reckon the club is just trying to drum up support from the pals they have in the stands, it's all speculation on my part as I know nobody inside the club but for me the club may've unwittingly jabbed a big stick into the hornets nest. I asked Steve Borley on twitter what was being discussed at the meeting , he confirmed it was the rebrand

olderblue
07-01-15, 21:33
I honestly think this meeting has nothing to do with the change of kit back to blue Steve, at least from the clubs point of view, with renewals just around the corner I reckon the club is just trying to drum up support from the pals they have in the stands, it's all speculation on my part as I know nobody inside the club but for me the club may've unwittingly jabbed a big stick into the hornets nest. Even they couldn't be this stupid,if were not back in Blue at home for next season, it will be a case of choose your stand never mind your seat for the few ST they manage to sell

splott parker
07-01-15, 21:35
But if it is the case then why invite boycotters?Do the powers that be at the club honestly believe that it's up for discussion? If they do they're sadly way,way out of touch with the vast majority of the fanbase.

blueblade
07-01-15, 21:39
But if it is the case then why invite boycotters?I personally do not know a random fan that has had an invite, it all appears to be "who you know".

Under the Splott-light
07-01-15, 21:41
But if it is the case then why invite boycotters?
Also Borley has stated on ****ter that it is to discuss the rebrand. I hope the club can see that.

Vimana.
07-01-15, 21:54
Tomorrow will just be "OK, thanks for your views, we'll take it to Tan and get back to you".
I suspect you're right.Anyways .. riots ahoy!

ninian200
07-01-15, 21:55
Also Borley has stated on ****ter that it is to discuss the rebrand.
Do the powers that be at the club honestly believe that it's up for discussion? If they do they're sadly way,way out of touch with the vast majority of the fanbase.That is the bottom line for me No Blue No Renew and most people I have spoken to say the same thing,but as it has already been said this is Cardiff City so anything could happen http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/ayatollah.gif

olderblue
07-01-15, 22:01
Do the powers that be at the club honestly believe that it's up for discussion? If they do they're sadly way,way out of touch with the vast majority of the fanbase.
It's all or nothing really isn't it, anything but a return to blue and white will see a mass exodus, to accept a compromise will just be like placing a plaster over a gunshot wound, it'll temporarily shut a few supporters up but ultimately it's still not the identity you relate to, for me anyway anything other than a complete u-turn on both kit and badge will see me off, and I really don't want that. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif 7 of us won't be renewing unless we return to our rightful shirt colour for next season

Under the Splott-light
07-01-15, 22:03
Do the powers that be at the club honestly believe that it's up for discussion? If they do they're sadly way,way out of touch with the vast majority of the fanbase.
It's all or nothing really isn't it, anything but a return to blue and white will see a mass exodus, to accept a compromise will just be like placing a plaster over a gunshot wound, it'll temporarily shut a few supporters up but ultimately it's still not the identity you relate to, for me anyway anything other than a complete u-turn on both kit and badge will see me off, and I really don't want that.
I hope the club can see that.Congratulations on your first successful quote mate. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

olderblue
07-01-15, 22:07
Beddau @ 10.30 http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/fight.gif

Under the Splott-light
07-01-15, 22:10
Beddau @ 10.30 http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/fight.gif http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

olderblue
07-01-15, 22:14
See you there

BTW

Where is it http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/shrug.gif

Under the Splott-light
07-01-15, 22:19
See you there http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/malky.gif

goats
07-01-15, 22:35
I honestly think this meeting has nothing to do with the change of kit back to blue Steve, at least from the clubs point of view, with renewals just around the corner I reckon the club is just trying to drum up support from the pals they have in the stands, it's all speculation on my part as I know nobody inside the clubb but for me the club may've unwittingly jabbed a big stick into the hornets nest.
Also Borley has stated on ****ter that it is to discuss the rebrand. If it's not a reversal now they might aswell lock up for good post meeting