PDA

View Full Version : My consultation email

NigelBlues
08-01-15, 19:19
As a season ticket holder since 1968, I was thankful for an invite to tonight's consultation meeting at the stadium but am currently working away in North Wales.

Like any reasonable and fair-minded Cardiff City supporter, I am extremely grateful to Vincent Tan for his support and financial input to the club. Thank you. However, the pity is that a significant amount of it has been wasted by poor decisions, controls and management. However I have never been thankful for the terms that came with it - the change of colours and a juvenile badge that trashed our history and traditions.

Ever since Mr Tan changed from investor to controller, things have got worse on and off the pitch. The club has been in sure and increasing decline and become completely detached from its fanbase. Promises made by Mr Tan, which made many fans reluctantly accept the rebrand, have just not materialised.

This was self harm, unnecessary and avoidable. To make it worse, Mr Tan simply has not been consulting with supporters and instead, frequently ridiculing us in tv interviews.

This is why Cardiff City supporters have become disillusioned and, unthinkably, giving up supporting the club we have followed all our lives through good, bad and even worse times. As a supporter, I have frequently seen this club in a worse state than now but never have I felt as disillusioned as I do now.

However all is not lost and I hope Mr Tan, the club and supporters learn from these terrible experiences. I welcome this consultation and hope this is a new start where supporters are involved, feel part of their club again and Mr Tan and his associates include us, not exclude us.

In summary, I would like the following to be addressed please;
1. A return to our colours and identity. Red has neither been luck or brought us any new investment as we were told it would (other than Mr Tans input). On the contrary, it has cost the club I believe.
2. I would like Mr Tan to share his plans for the club. It is good to see him support the club and it is noticed he has not attended since we returned to the Championship.
3. I would like to understand why several promises to turn debt to equity have all been broken and will this change now?
4. I believe this new spirit of consultation and supporter involvement should be continued and not some p.r. exercise. To that extent, I urge Mr Tan and the club to consider a supporter on the Board.

Thank you and I hope this is a new dawn for Cardiff City, a club I recognise in blue and can be proud of once again.

Nigel Harris

RichardM
08-01-15, 19:46
http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/tong.gif well said that man

Des Jargo
08-01-15, 20:45
As a season ticket holder since 1968, I was thankful for an invite to tonight's consultation meeting at the stadium but am currently working away in North Wales.Agree with that Nige - it's the debt to equity promise that needs addressing as well.