PDA

View Full Version : Brayford the Blade?

blueblade
11-01-15, 12:41
Strong rumours coming from Sheffield that a bid has been tabled for Brayford and it will be accepted if City get Adam Matthews.

Most United fans are pleased with this but it seems that they will be blowing most of their budget on a right back.

Jimmy Jimmy
11-01-15, 12:42
I'd rather keep Brayford - unless he really wants to leave , personally I dont think he does want to leave.

11-01-15, 12:52
I like Brayford but he's not been as good in an attacking sense since Slade has been here. Would like Matthews just for a Welsh man in the squad

Mario Miethig
11-01-15, 12:53
Got a work mate who's a Sheffield Utd fan. Apparently Brayford watched their Cup game last week and it's been reported up there that Clough wants Brayford back. Wouldn't be surprisad if this move happened. I'd be disappointed, because Brayford has been one of the few plus points of this season.

NECS
11-01-15, 12:54
Maynard and Brayford are both Malky signings ( even if they didn't play for him very much ). I think that is one reason they may well be on their way.

Nemo
11-01-15, 12:55
This would be a blow. Brayford is a far better defender than Adam Matthews.

Otis
11-01-15, 12:56
Adam Matthews is QUALITY! Still only 22 as well. This would be a great deal I think.

GRUMPYS DEN
11-01-15, 12:58
Adam Matthews is QUALITY! Still only 22 as well. This would be a great deal I think.Happy to have Matthews back-better all round full back for me!!

Nemo
11-01-15, 13:07
Adam Matthews is QUALITY! Still only 22 as well. This would be a great deal I think.
Happy to have Matthews back-better all round full back for me!!Well maybe we will get a chance to find out who is right. I think he has some quality going forward but is a very ordinary defender.

Otis
11-01-15, 13:10
Happy to have Matthews back-better all round full back for me!!
Well maybe we will get a chance to find out who is right. I think he has some quality going forward but is a very ordinary defender. He's much quicker than Brayford, our defence lacks pace! He very rarely gets beat 1v1 BUT is positioning can be awfulat times. Still give his age, the fact he's Welsh and that he cares abut the club, I'd definitely have him over Brayford.

saganspirit
11-01-15, 13:38
Brayford is a solid and well-rated Championship right-back but if he wants to leave, let him go. Reserve judgement on Matthews until we play the jacks again http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

surge
11-01-15, 14:02
Apart from Mathews being Welsh and younger I can't see a reason to want this deal to happen.

Father Dougal
11-01-15, 14:05
Brayford played for clough at burton, derby and Sheffield United so I'm sure clough would love him back.

He is probably our player of the season so far (who else?) so would be a shame but saying that I'm sure Connolly and Matthews (if he comes) can do a job. I would also guess Brayford is a relatively high earner and all of them seem to be available at the club. Again no complaints from me about this- it had to be done.

ninian200
11-01-15, 14:09
Brayford is ok but I would have Adam Matthews back any day http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/ayatollah.gif

Father Dougal
11-01-15, 14:10
I'm a big Dave jones fan. However his treatment of Matthews (and publicly as well) was very poor form from him. No excuse for it.

surge
11-01-15, 14:20
I'm a big Dave jones fan. However his treatment of Matthews (and publicly as well) was very poor form from him. No excuse for it. DJ practically knighted Matthews compared to Tan's treatment of Cornelius.

Michael Morris
11-01-15, 14:26
Adam Matthews is QUALITY! Still only 22 as well. This would be a great deal I think.dave jones hung him out to dry after that ipswich game. he must have been in his teens then.

blueblade
11-01-15, 14:28
only 22? bloody hell i never realised he was quite so young. I think he was 11 when he made his first team debut for us.

redjk
11-01-15, 14:41
Brayford is twice the player Matthews is.

stevebrickman
11-01-15, 15:59
Brayford is twice the player Matthews is.Talking rubbish mate. He's at least 10 times the player Matthews is. Dont rate him at all.

cardiff55
11-01-15, 16:20
Matthews is awful, can't get a regular place in Celtic's team, and every time I saw him play he was poor defensively. He was a wide midfield player like Declan John before being covered to a full back. Let's hope it's just paper talk. Brayford is far more experienced and a better player, even if he doesn't set the world alight, he is solid enough.

WJ99mobile
11-01-15, 16:21
Only reason I'd like Matthews back is because he's Welsh. I would ideally like to keep Brayford as I think he's a very good fullback.

In fact if Malky actually played Brayford instead of French Kev we may still be in the Premiership now.

Jimmy the Jock
11-01-15, 17:08
I'm a big Dave jones fan. However his treatment of Matthews (and publicly as well) was very poor form from him. No excuse for it.
DJ practically knighted Matthews compared to Tan's treatment of Cornelius. Guy has been scoring for fun albeit in a shit league.

Jimmy the Jock
11-01-15, 17:11
I would be gutted .Brayford has been my player of the season, other than yesterday when playing alongside Turner he won the kick the ball as high as you can competition.
Turner had been unbeaten until yesterday.

A Quiet Monkfish
11-01-15, 18:56
Happy to have Matthews back-better all round full back for me!!
Well maybe we will get a chance to find out who is right. I think he has some quality going forward but is a very ordinary defender.
He's much quicker than Brayford, our defence lacks pace! He very rarely gets beat 1v1 BUT is positioning can be awfulat times. Still give his age, the fact he's Welsh and that he cares abut the club, I'd definitely have him over Brayford.Are you sure ? Brayford's the one with odd haircut and beard who pisses past players at will...

BlueArmy 86
11-01-15, 18:58
I'd have Matthews back! Brayford frustrates me lately.

Colonel Cærdiffi
11-01-15, 19:03
I hope we keep hold of Brayford.

Jimmy Jimmy
12-01-15, 12:48
I think Malky may dispute it was his own personal signing - or if it was - it was very strange - as he never played him and in the end went back out on loan - bizarre

Optimistic Nick
12-01-15, 12:51
only 22? bloody hell i never realised he was quite so young. I believe that he was the original young player ruined by Jones.

Bluebeetle
12-01-15, 13:21
Brayford has been our best and most consistent player this season in my view, I for one would be very sad to see him go.

Otis
12-01-15, 13:22
Otis wrote on Sun, 11 January 2015 13:10] Happy to have Matthews back-better all round full back for me!!
Well maybe we will get a chance to find out who is right. I think he has some quality going forward but is a very ordinary defender.
He's much quicker than Brayford, our defence lacks pace! He very rarely gets beat 1v1 BUT is positioning can be awfulat times. Still give his age, the fact he's Welsh and that he cares abut the club, I'd definitely have him over Brayford.
[/COLOR]You be blind or trippin' son.

bobbank
12-01-15, 13:44
IMO Brayford is a better full back than Mathews. Mathews is very much like Declan John and Fabio. More midfield than fullback.

Fatty Føggøn
12-01-15, 14:20
I would want Brayford in my side, he reads the game well and rarely make an error. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

ragbone
12-01-15, 16:54
Debate of the year post Re -brand

Matthews 22 v Brayford 27
very quick v quick
Welsh Boy V English Boy
Good Haircut V Bad haircut
No Beard v Beard
Defender Good v Very Good Defender
Brave v Very Brave
1.78m tall v 1.73 tall

Tough one like them both , whoever the best crosser and passer is ,decides it I reckon

A-team
12-01-15, 17:38
Why would we sell bray ford? One of our most consistent players this season. Madness.

Nottingham_Blue
12-01-15, 17:40
Why would we sell bray ford? One of our most consistent players this season. Madness.+ 1

The Penguin
12-01-15, 18:17
The question needed here is.......

Why would Brayford want to leave? He is going to be on good money and is a first choice. If he wants to leave then why?

We appear to be losing a number of experienced professionals and replacing them with either young inexperienced or older experienced but lower quality players.

Are players leaving because they don't want yo be here?

Personally, rather than have a team full of half decent grafters willing to run their guts out for a manager I would rather a manager who can get quality professionals playing for him.

I agree that Jones, Macheda, Alf and Maynard have been disappointing but not for a second do I believe Ravell is a better option.

ragbone
12-01-15, 18:51
The question needed here is.......Whoosh ,that was a short carear Mr Ravell,I for one would not be shocked to find that Ravell has already covered more ground than Macheda already this season.