PDA

View Full Version : Whitts

summerfield11
24-01-15, 21:51
Why are people saying Whitts is out next week? is he injured? it can't be because of his yellow card today because it's only his 5th he needs to get 5 more to be banned i thought?

pompey blue
24-01-15, 21:52
five yellows 1 match ban

Stavross CCFC
24-01-15, 21:53
5 yellows is a 1 game ban.

summerfield11
24-01-15, 21:56
5 yellows is a 1 game ban.I think that it all starts again after xmas has he had 5 yellows since then?

Daniel15
24-01-15, 21:56
Hadn't even noticed he got booked. The Whitts out brigade will be happy. Let's see how we do when our only goal providing threat is watching from the stands.

RichardM
24-01-15, 21:58
Hadn't even noticed he got booked. The Whitts out brigade will be happy. Let's see how we do when our only goal providing threat is watching from the stands.At the time it looked like it was Turner being booked, but they put the card by Whitts on the big screen.

Stavross CCFC
24-01-15, 22:00
5 yellows is a 1 game ban.
I think that it all starts again after xmas has he had 5 yellows since then?http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions

chepstow
24-01-15, 22:01
five yellows 1 match banno it isnt. on boxing day all yellows from the first half of the season are rescinded so unless hes been booked 5 times since boxing day hes not suspended

Father Dougal
24-01-15, 22:02
Whitts was booked for a blatant foul in the first half,

Turner was also booked in the first half but the screen didn't pick it up as the ref played on for a few minutes then went back to book turner when we had a corner- which we scored from.

Daniel15
24-01-15, 22:04
five yellows 1 match ban
no it isnt. on boxing day all yellows from the first half of the season are rescinded so unless hes been booked 5 times since boxing day hes not suspendedAh. Excellent

Eric the Half a Bee
24-01-15, 22:09
Hadn't even noticed he got booked. The Whitts out brigade will be happy. Let's see how we do when our only goal providing threat is watching from the stands.Let's be honest, from open play Ralls could do an equally good job as Whittingham in a creative sense and would provide more energy in the middle. If only our other midfielders were as good at taking corners and free kicks. It's getting more common in cricket to rest a bowler by bringing on a sub fielder. Pity we couldn't just wheel Whittingham out for set pieces.

Daniel15
24-01-15, 22:12
Hadn't even noticed he got booked. The Whitts out brigade will be happy. Let's see how we do when our only goal providing threat is watching from the stands.
It says plenty about Whittingham as a creator and our side at the moment that the only way he creates goals is from set pieces. Yes that's right. Whittingham is the problem. Not the inept Gunnarsson.

Eric the Half a Bee
24-01-15, 22:23
It says plenty about Whittingham as a creator and our side at the moment that the only way he creates goals is from set pieces.
Let's be honest, from open play Ralls could do an equally good job as Whittingham in a creative sense and would provide more energy in the middle. If only our other midfielders were as good at taking corners and free kicks. It's getting more common in cricket to rest a bowler by bringing on a sub fielder. Pity we couldn't just wheel Whittingham out for set pieces.I also think a part of the reason Slade has adopted a long ball game is because he knows we haven't got the ability in the middle to keep possession and play a passing game.

Igovernor
24-01-15, 22:26
five yellows 1 match ban
no it isnt. on boxing day all yellows from the first half of the season are rescinded so unless hes been booked 5 times since boxing day hes not suspended

Igovernor
24-01-15, 22:29
Whitts was booked for a blatant foul in the first half, That idiot ref booked Turner and pointed to the place where Noone did the foul, but if city get the yellow recinded because of wrong identity, then Noone could get a one match ban, as he had already been booked

Father Dougal
24-01-15, 22:36
Whitts was booked for a blatant foul in the first half,
Turner was also booked in the first half but the screen didn't pick it up as the ref played on for a few minutes then went back to book turner when we had a corner- which we scored from.Noone- 12 months ago he was having the game of his life at man city- now he is someone who when going forward with the ball you can absolutely guarentee he will pick the wrong option. Not even a shadow of what he was 12 months ago.

Daniel15
24-01-15, 22:40
It says plenty about Whittingham as a creator and our side at the moment that the only way he creates goals is from set pieces.
Let's be honest, from open play Ralls could do an equally good job as Whittingham in a creative sense and would provide more energy in the middle. If only our other midfielders were as good at taking corners and free kicks. It's getting more common in cricket to rest a bowler by bringing on a sub fielder. Pity we couldn't just wheel Whittingham out for set pieces.
Yes that's right. Whittingham is the problem. Not the inept Gunnarsson.But you're right. Apart from being the 2nd highest league scorer and miles more assists than anyone else in the team, he's rubbish.

Eric the Half a Bee
24-01-15, 23:38
Let's be honest, from open play Ralls could do an equally good job as Whittingham in a creative sense and would provide more energy in the middle. If only our other midfielders were as good at taking corners and free kicks. It's getting more common in cricket to rest a bowler by bringing on a sub fielder. Pity we couldn't just wheel Whittingham out for set pieces.
Yes that's right. Whittingham is the problem. Not the inept Gunnarsson.
They are both the problem.Cite goals scored to impress a new manager or assists from set pieces as much as you want, here's food for thought for you. Andy Legg recently said of Whittingham that he needs to do more than just take set pieces. Kevin Ratcliffe said that he doesn't do enough around the field. Do you disagree with their analysis or are you man enough to concede that a part of our problem in centre midfield is due to Peter Whittingham? I asked recently whether Whittingham was the cause or the cure to our woes. Because we rely on his set pieces to create goals he's guaranteed a place in the starting line up. I believe, other pundits and ex professionals too, that he doesn't do enough during normal play to warrant a place in the starting line up but only gets there because of his set pieces. I wish I wasn't saying that. I think he's a brilliant footballer who should be lighting up this division as he has in the past. But he isn't. Set pieces apart he's not worth starting. Neither is Gunnarsson, either.

crazyhorse
24-01-15, 23:43
Had great game, one of the finest performances I've seen.

Eric the Half a Bee
24-01-15, 23:45
Had great game, one of the finest performances I've seen. Oh fck, here we go http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/banghead.gif

crazyhorse
24-01-15, 23:52
Oh fck, here we go http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/banghead.gifI was there, Whitts was immense. He is more than a throw in taker.

Porth Pouncer
25-01-15, 07:18
Yes that's right. Whittingham is the problem. Not the inept Gunnarsson.
They are both the problem.
Whittingham is a brilliant footballer on his day but we see it so rarely nowadays I wonder how hungry he is. I know I've barked about this stat before but I find it incredible to think it's nearly 2 and a half years since he scored from a free kick. When you consider how many amazing free kicks he's scored for us from all sorts of different positions, to have gone so long without hitting the net from a free kick seems to be symptomatic of his game. Whether it's a confidence issue, an attitude thing, just his casual nature getting more casual, Whitts hasn't been the player he was a few seasons ago. Had he not had his set piece ability, he wouldn't be in the team now.How many free kicks do we get nowadays in Whitt range...we don't get that close very often.

the other bob wilson
25-01-15, 07:26
Oh fck, here we go http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/banghead.gifIs there anything more pointless than a really poor wind up merchant?

bluemoon
25-01-15, 07:44
something amazing happens when steps on a pitch

he goes mute