View Full Version : Holocaust, Night will fall

DORSETBLUE
25-01-15, 09:05
Did anyone watch this last night, truly one of the most moving documentaries I have ever seen. Sadly the world is no better today but the brutality of the holocaust was in its rawest form here, awful.

EdinburghBlue
25-01-15, 09:09
Did anyone watch this last night, truly one of the most moving documentaries I have ever seen. Sadly the world is no better today but the brutality of the holocaust was in its rawest form here, awful.What channel was it on? try and get it on catch up.

DORSETBLUE
25-01-15, 09:13
Channel 4

seethatbluebirdfly
25-01-15, 09:55
I watched it. Good to see that Channel 4 respected it by not having advertising breaks.
Couldn't help but think that ISIL would employ these type of camps if they were ever to get a grip in the West. I know that is highly unlikely.
Interesting to watch German citizens being made to see what the Nazi regime had done in these camps so that they couldn't deny that it had taken place.

jeepster
25-01-15, 10:41
Its so hard to believe people could be so callous and cruel.Just harrowing.

blue matt
26-01-15, 00:21
just watched it now

Now i cannot watch schindler's list, i get to 20 mins in and cannot take it anymore

so this documentary was always going to be hard for me

Willie Muffet
26-01-15, 00:48
Did anyone watch this last night, truly one of the most moving documentaries I have ever seen. Sadly the world is no better today but the brutality of the holocaust was in its rawest form here, awful.Not a dig, but do you really believe that? I know we've see some evil sh!t still these days but the world is better than it was. Isn't it?

DORSETBLUE
26-01-15, 07:50
Did anyone watch this last night, truly one of the most moving documentaries I have ever seen. Sadly the world is no better today but the brutality of the holocaust was in its rawest form here, awful.
Not a dig, but do you really believe that? I know we've see some evil sh!t still these days but the world is better than it was. Isn't it?Not in my opinion no. Genocide going on in plenty of places around the world at the moment, maybe not on the scale of the final solution but nonetheless it is going on and with the ever increasing threat to the world from ISIS then no it's really not better sadly.

JamesWales
26-01-15, 09:43
I watched it. Good to see that Channel 4 respected it by not having advertising breaks.I didn't notice that it didn't have adverts (I forgot it was on channel 4) respect to them for that.

Observer
26-01-15, 09:48
What happened is inherrant in people of a certain disposition and it could happen again.

bobh
26-01-15, 09:50
Can you still get it through TV?
I have Sky, and I can't see it via catchup/4oD on there.

bobhattonshairpiece
26-01-15, 10:10
a former works colleague's father was one of the first to liberate Belsen.............. he never spoke of what he saw when he went in there, never.

Delbert
26-01-15, 10:12
Can you still get it through TV? http://www.channel4.com/programmes/holocaust-night-will-fall /on-demand (http://www.channel4.com/programmes/holocaust-night-will-fall/on-demand)

bobh
26-01-15, 10:27
Can you still get it through TV?
I have Sky, and I can't see it via catchup/4oD on there.http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/old.gif

blue matt
26-01-15, 17:33
Can you still get it through TV?i guess it might take a day or 2 to move over to sky tv