PDA

View Full Version : Financial suicide

leftofcentre
25-01-15, 22:34
Vincent Tan "appears" to be clearing the decks of all peripheral and high earning players. Possibly this month will see Slades team slide further into a pit of despondency, how on earth will we be encouraged to buy into another season of mediocrity?
Season tickets will take a hammering, a return to blue can't hide the shocking decline in aptitude, attitude and hope.

No way is there going to be a take up of season tickets that will satisfy a stadium well over sized and an owner who can't expect to stay where we are let alone go up.

I just can't see him walking into relegation, but I can't see money being spent either, wtf is happening? I think he genuinely believes in Uncle fester, bloody hell, talk about emperors new clothes.

Taunton Blue Genie
25-01-15, 22:44
Vincent Tan "appears" to be clearing the decks of all peripheral and high earning players. Possibly this month will see Slades team slide further into a pit of despondency, how on earth will we be encouraged to buy into another season of mediocrity? It seems that it has taken quite a long time for some people to realise that an enormous debt has been run up since Tan took over control of the club. It was always bound to end in tears and the worst is yet to come.

purple haze2
25-01-15, 22:55
Vincent Tan "appears" to be clearing the decks of all peripheral and high earning players. Possibly this month will see Slades team slide further into a pit of despondency, how on earth will we be encouraged to buy into another season of mediocrity? Are you now saying that was bullsh!t ?

Observer
25-01-15, 22:58
Ask and thou shalt receive http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

NigelBlues
25-01-15, 23:14
Vincent Tan "appears" to be clearing the decks of all peripheral and high earning players. Possibly this month will see Slades team slide further into a pit of despondency, how on earth will we be encouraged to buy into another season of mediocrity?
Season tickets will take a hammering, a return to blue can't hide the shocking decline in aptitude, attitude and hope.Cost cutting I can handle and is sensible but we need some honesty and information about what is going on and why. There's cut backs and there's carnage and we appear to be in the latter. After all, Fulham, are facing the same problems but I.dont see them behaving the way we currently are.

Vimana.
25-01-15, 23:27
Returned to blue - or otherwise - it was not mentioned that there were conditions explicitly attached to the reversal , so it's only natural that we should want to have an idea regards what is actually going on.

i.e. What the big picture (or small picture) actually is.

Personally, I think he may be putting us 'back where he found us', and leaving us to it.

A lot of us said we would have taken worse than that to return to blue and be ourselves again, so .. perhaps we ride this out now.

Observer
25-01-15, 23:31
Returned to blue - or otherwise - it was not mentioned that there were conditions explicitly attached to the reversal , so it's only natural that we should want to have an idea regards what is actually going on.There is no other choice, historically the fans have not been known to dip into their own pockets.

Mick the Miller
26-01-15, 05:42
Tan is vengeful man. He is now facking us over.
Stupid on his part but what did people expect. That I'd what meglomaniacs are like.

leftofcentre
26-01-15, 06:26
There are covenants in place to stop him taking parachute money, he losses millions If he tries to sell pre debt to equity, the club in free fall is not exactly going to attract a buyer. Not buying into vengeful dictator, The guy is not a fool to try to get his own back". Possibly a clean slate to go again next season but why the panic? I can't see any benefit to slash and burn.If he wanted out then he would sell players at a loss not just "mutual consent" Bollox. This just doesn't add up.

Matty P
26-01-15, 09:46
We're actually doing what should have been done post Blackpool play-off final and that is operate within a far more sensible budget.

In fact under Malky in the Championship, whilst we did have to spend money on refreshing the squad, I bet the types of player we brought in weren't on astronomical wages.

This is redressing the legacy left by Ole's transfer policy, the squad was also oversized so we will lose more than we get in.

qccfc
26-01-15, 09:54
We're actually doing what should have been done post Blackpool play-off final and that is operate within a far more sensible budget.Its been clear that the club has been running a huge wage bill and spending high on transfers for a while now.

Jimmy Jimmy
26-01-15, 10:34
We arent going to get anywhere near the playoffs this season - Tan and everyone on the board realise that. So the best thing to do is get all the high earners off the payroll immediatly and give someone else a go. And you may as well do that with new players on less money who have a point to proove and want to earn a starting place in the team.

Rather than players who have failed and are on high wages.
A bit lik zero hour contracts for players - we dont need high wages at the moment - so pop off and try your luck elsewhere