PDA

View Full Version : The penalty yesterday- what was it for?

Father Dougal
01-02-15, 08:33
At the time I thought Morrison handled it, but theref didn't blow then played on fur a bit then gave a pen. Having watched it on football league show it seems it may have been for a foul by gunnarson. What were all your thoughts at the time?

Also great save from Moore, how many times has a city keeper saved a pen at home in recent times? Was Moore the first to do so at the new stadium? (Not including penalty shoot outs)

the other bob wilson
01-02-15, 08:46
At the time I thought Morrison handled it, but theref didn't blow then played on fur a bit then gave a pen. Having watched it on football league show it seems it may have been for a foul by gunnarson. What were all your thoughts at the time?I think you are right about that being the first penalty saved by a City keeper at the new ground aside from shoot outs.

Stavross CCFC
01-02-15, 09:01
It was a definite penalty. Can't remember the City (looks like it might be Gunnarson) hacked down Chris Martin. It was a daft challenge but couldn't fault the ref's decision. The rest of the referee's performance...........lets say no more about that.

surge
01-02-15, 09:09
Does it matter at all that the ball was travelling in the opposite direction from our goal and went straight to one of our players? It was hardly a hack at the player, they both tried to do the same (defensive) job and Gunnar was ever so slightly slower.

poc
01-02-15, 09:11
It was a definite penalty. Can't remember the City (looks like it might be Gunnarson) hacked down Chris Martin. It was a daft challenge but couldn't fault the ref's decision. The rest of the referee's performance...........lets say no more about that.hacked down http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

Stavross CCFC
01-02-15, 09:18
It was a definite penalty. Can't remember the City (looks like it might be Gunnarson) hacked down Chris Martin. It was a daft challenge but couldn't fault the ref's decision. The rest of the referee's performance...........lets say no more about that.
hacked down http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif Ok maybe not 'hacked down' but he clipped the leg of Martin. Definite penalty.