PDA

View Full Version : What's needed to beat the drop

nathansfmachine
01-02-15, 08:59
I felt that yesterday was slightly better than usual but let's face it when it comes to being a threat in the opposition box KJ is the main man. I feel that the only chance of us not sliding down the table any further lies with Mr Jones, I am very worried that Slade didn't change things at half time and took another 15 mins into the second half to make some subs!

January out the way and looking at this months fixtures I feel that the minimum requirement for this month has to be 8 points. Dropping a division would be unthinkable but I suspect Tan isn't bothered we will be punished for our "ungrateful" behaviour and he will make Oyston of Blackpool look like mother Teresa.

Tuerto
01-02-15, 09:06
I felt that yesterday was slightly better than usual but let's face it when it comes to being a threat in the opposition box KJ is the main man. I feel that the only chance of us not sliding down the table any further lies with Mr Jones, I am very worried that Slade didn't change things at half time and took another 15 mins into the second half to make some subs!In the most basic of terms, (and slade should understand that theory) playing to your strengths is pivotal. The central midfield needs sorting out (o keefe) may be the answer, and in kenwyne jones is a player who is very good in the air. Two wide men with the ability to deliver a cross would help tremendously.

nathansfmachine
01-02-15, 09:17
Wide men delivering good crosses would be nice but we have to assume that the squad we have now is what we will have for the rest of the season. The return of Pilkington may see some improvement but kenwyne has to play and we need some results in the next six games. Slade does seem out of his depth and the new players do appear to put in a shift but at this level skill and creativity is needed, I have seen very little creativity this season and there hasn't been one game where I walked away thinking that played really well. Manga back in the side should also improve things and I would give Connelly the nod over Morrison. Of course Morrison is one of our top scorers so should be stay in the side?

insider
01-02-15, 09:21
The worry for me is the midfield has been our major weakness for so long and I think Gunnarrson is the main problem.
Not only did Slade not drop him he made him captain !

Tuerto
01-02-15, 09:26
Wide men delivering good crosses would be nice but we have to assume that the squad we have now is what we will have for the rest of the season. The return of Pilkington may see some improvement but kenwyne has to play and we need some results in the next six games. Slade does seem out of his depth and the new players do appear to put in a shift but at this level skill and creativity is needed, I have seen very little creativity this season and there hasn't been one game where I walked away thinking that played really well. Manga back in the side should also improve things and I would give Connelly the nod over Morrison. Of course Morrison is one of our top scorers so should be stay in the side?There also seems to be a distinct lack of confidence. Slade probably needs to get back to basics, and by basic I mean clean sheets before a win. Players need to be briefed on their roles within the team, nice and simple. Defenders to defend, midfield players to close down and cut out space. The emphasis has to be on not conceding. Playing 442 with players we have will leak goals all day long.

jeepster
01-02-15, 10:15
The worry for me is the midfield has been our major weakness for so long and I think Gunnarrson is the main problem.Our midfield is to slow,Derby when they attacked their midfield were busting a gut to support the forwards,Witts and Gunnarrson just seem to jog around http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/sad.gif