PDA

View Full Version : Signings are of no significance

Otis
02-02-15, 23:45
There was only one issue that needed addressing this window, and it didn't involve players.

Sacking Slade is the only way to help get this club somewhat back on track.

Lawley Kazoo
03-02-15, 00:04
He's Tans man and he's cheap. The only way Slade is going anywhere is if they find something dodgy on his phone or in his dustbin.

Temujin
03-02-15, 03:26
There was only one issue that needed addressing this window, and it didn't involve players. If two VERY different managers failed with the same group of players....it tells me that it might just have something to do with the players.

ToTaL ITK
03-02-15, 05:04
There was only one issue that needed addressing this window, and it didn't involve players.
Sacking Slade is the only way to help get this club somewhat back on track. or the management?

the other bob wilson
03-02-15, 06:15
If two VERY different managers failed with the same group of players....it tells me that it might just have something to do with the players.This is far from the best ever Championship squad, in fact it's was never the best in this season's Championship, but they are still seriously under performing - I'm rapidly losing patience with Slade, but I lost patience with most of our players months ago.

Otis
03-02-15, 09:22
Slade is about as inspirational and motivating as a bloody spoon. He even looks like a spoon. Russell Slade is a spoon.

SOXY BOY
03-02-15, 09:40
If we as fans can see that some of our players are not putting up much of a fight,then surely the manager should be able to see that aswell. I agree the manager is too often the scapegoat,but in most cases he buys the players he wants and selects the team. I still can't work out,why Kenwyne was on the bench as he always looks a threat and if he'd been playing for longer may have scored with the header.

Otis
03-02-15, 09:43
Slade is the type of person who'd take BTEC Sport.

the other bob wilson
03-02-15, 09:53
If we as fans can see that some of our players are not putting up much of a fight,then surely the manager should be able to see that aswell. I agree the manager is too often the scapegoat,but in most cases he buys the players he wants and selects the team. I still can't work out,why Kenwyne was on the bench as he always looks a threat and if he'd been playing for longer may have scored with the header.I still stick to my opinion that, in terms of value for money, the pre transfer window team was the worst I'd seen at the club - that wasn't down to Russell Slade, it was because Ole had put together an under performing squad that contained too many dodgy attitudes.

The Penguin
03-02-15, 09:56
If two VERY different managers failed with the same group of players....it tells me that it might just have something to do with the players.
or the management?Footballers are no different to any employees anywhere. They have to feel that they are respected, given chances, treated fairly and equally and that the boss knows what he is doing. Under Slade I'm afraid the answers are no no no no.

The Lone Gunman
03-02-15, 09:58
I'm not sticking up for Slade because there is plenty that he is getting wrong, but he didn't buy any of the players who have been performing so poorly throughout this season. He has now bought in seven players and over the coming weeks what you say will become more justified, but it's still very early to judge even Malone and Revell.I find it interesting that two hard-working players who apparently didn't have dodgy attitudes (Brayford and Le Fondre) wanted out.

The Penguin
03-02-15, 10:01
I'm not sticking up for Slade because there is plenty that he is getting wrong, but he didn't buy any of the players who have been performing so poorly throughout this season. He has now bought in seven players and over the coming weeks what you say will become more justified, but it's still very early to judge even Malone and Revell.
I still stick to my opinion that, in terms of value for money, the pre transfer window team was the worst I'd seen at the club - that wasn't down to Russell Slade, it was because Ole had put together an under performing squad that contained too many dodgy attitudes.Yes, I actually agree with TLG http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

Jimmy the Jock
03-02-15, 10:03
If two VERY different managers failed with the same group of players....it tells me that it might just have something to do with the players.
or the management?The clock is ticking for Slade at the moment.

The Penguin
03-02-15, 10:12
or the management?
So you're saying that we really did have the best ever Championship squad then? I don't think any of the four men who have been in charge this season have come close to proving themselves in this division, but football is still a game decided over 90 minutes on a pitch that the manager never ever sets foot on unless he's also employed as a player.Until Slade drops the 'established' players who are not performing, he cannot get the respect from the squad. We have all played local football and we al know what it's like to see favouritism, or to se a player who essentially plays because the manager is to scared to drop him.

Gwynedd Blue
03-02-15, 10:15
Slade is about as inspirational and motivating as a bloody spoon. He even looks like a spoon. Russell Slade is a spoon. Someone break it to him gently. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/Dsmile.gif

the other bob wilson
03-02-15, 10:22
or the management?
So you're saying that we really did have the best ever Championship squad then? I don't think any of the four men who have been in charge this season have come close to proving themselves in this division, but football is still a game decided over 90 minutes on a pitch that the manager never ever sets foot on unless he's also employed as a player.Slade is increasingly looking like a poor manager and much of the stick he gets is justified, but he's also a scapegoat who people like you are prepared to direct all of the flak at while others just as responsible for the shambles that Cardiff City is currently are ignored. For more than a year now, our very highly paid players have been crap and, worse than that, some of them don't seem particularly bothered about it.

the other bob wilson
03-02-15, 10:23
I'm not sticking up for Slade because there is plenty that he is getting wrong, but he didn't buy any of the players who have been performing so poorly throughout this season. He has now bought in seven players and over the coming weeks what you say will become more justified, but it's still very early to judge even Malone and Revell.
I still stick to my opinion that, in terms of value for money, the pre transfer window team was the worst I'd seen at the club - that wasn't down to Russell Slade, it was because Ole had put together an under performing squad that contained too many dodgy attitudes.Agree about LeFondre (but did he really "want out"?), not sure so about Brayford.

lukeBBW
03-02-15, 10:24
There was only one issue that needed addressing this window, and it didn't involve players. The only way we will progress is without Slade.

the other bob wilson
03-02-15, 10:25
I still stick to my opinion that, in terms of value for money, the pre transfer window team was the worst I'd seen at the club - that wasn't down to Russell Slade, it was because Ole had put together an under performing squad that contained too many dodgy attitudes.
I find it interesting that two hard-working players who apparently didn't have dodgy attitudes (Brayford and Le Fondre) wanted out.Agree about LeFondre (but did he really "want out"?), not so sure about Brayford.

the other bob wilson
03-02-15, 10:32
Sacking Slade is the only way to help get this club somewhat back on track. I happen to believe in the revolutionary theory (on here at least) that, yes the managers are crap, but so are the footballers who have been playing crap all season.

The Penguin
03-02-15, 10:47
or the management?
So you're saying that we really did have the best ever Championship squad then? I don't think any of the four men who have been in charge this season have come close to proving themselves in this division, but football is still a game decided over 90 minutes on a pitch that the manager never ever sets foot on unless he's also employed as a player.
It makes me smile how some posters on here pile all of the blame for poor results and performances on to the manager, whereas those who actually play crap and lose games, sometimes with barely a fight, get away virtually scot free. I agree our players have become lazy disinterested tossers, I just don't agree it's their fault. They've been allowed to......they've been given reason to be pissed off....and they clearly are.

Otis
03-02-15, 10:48
Could not agree more with this. Yes, the players have underperformed to a certain extent, but that's mainly down to the way they are being told to play. Why do clubs even bother spending so much money on managers if it's down to the players like you say it is? Of course though, your revolutionary theory has never been considered before http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

the other bob wilson
03-02-15, 11:03
Could not agree more with this.
Sade could have a great team and we would still be awful because of the way he plays. That's all perfectly reasonable except your use of the words "to an extent" shows that you think the players are capable of more. I agree with that (in fact it's one of the reasons I have so little time for them), they are under performing but I don't agree that they are by as much as most in this thread appear to. The myth, at least I believe it's a myth, still exists that they are a lot better than they actually are.

Eric the Half a Bee
03-02-15, 11:03
Slade is about as inspirational and motivating as a bloody spoon.Yet some want Dave Jones back!!! http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

Eric the Half a Bee
03-02-15, 11:16
Could not agree more with this.
Sade could have a great team and we would still be awful because of the way he plays.
The only way we will progress is without Slade. If you look at the starting line up against Derby, 6 player have had Premier League experience, though not one of them have managed more than a full season in the top division despite the fact that there's quite a bit of experience in the side. That suggests we have some decent Championship players who are probably not quite good enough to make the step up and become Premier League regulars. Add to that a lack of pace and a brittle centre midfield and our league position is probably not far off what we merit.

the other bob wilson
03-02-15, 11:56
I've got a lot of running about to do today so I can't get into a long argument with you about this, but I'll just make a few general comments.

Out of all of the managers you mention, I would say only Mourinho might be able to come in and bring about an immediate improvement. I really enjoy the football Wenger's team plays, but I suspect he'd be like a fish out of water here and I think there's a degree of inflexibility to his approach at Arsenal that would cost him dearly if it was applied to poorer players.

Others such as Pulis and, perhaps, Warnock (not so sure about Redknapp) probably have it in them to bring about a gradual improvement once they had the opportunity to bring their own players (and staff - something that Slade has not been able to do at Cardiff) in, but, only Mourinho in my book would be good enough to possibly do it straight away.

If we accept your line that our players have become "lazy disinterested tossers" over a period of time, then surely it has to follow that it will take a period of time before they are transformed back into what they once were?

That being the case, when you consider that Slade has only recently been given the chance to bring in new players, isn't it too premature to write him off as completely as many, myself included, are now doing? In fact, let's be honest, people have been writing him off before the ink on his contract was dry - they would not have been doing this if any of the managers you mention had been chosen back in September.

My point is that I believe that only an exceptional manager would be able to turn bring about an improvement solely with the bunch of losers we have had representing Cardiff City this season - in that respect, exceptional managers apart, the managers you talk about are "much of a muchness"

The Penguin
03-02-15, 12:06
I've got a lot of running about to do today so I can't get into a long argument with you about this, but I'll just make a few general comments.It's just that I'm right http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/getmycoat.gif

Bobby Dandruff
03-02-15, 12:10
If two VERY different managers failed with the same group of players....it tells me that it might just have something to do with the players.This, sadly has EVERYTHING to do with two poor managers - nice people, I am sure, but neither qualified for the job.

Cretin Hop
03-02-15, 12:11
A couple of experienced [at this level] coaches are a priority.

tapscott
03-02-15, 12:19
Nearly all signings made by Malky and OGS since January 2013, significant or not, have mostly under performed,the jury is out as far as the latest incoming players are concerned.
Nevertheless I get the point of your message ,but we must remember that City have been performing very poor with nil entertainment value since the winning run of the Christmas and New Year programme of 2012-13.

The Bloop
03-02-15, 12:21
I still struggling to think what Sade has got to do with the current situation. Unless the team are motivating themselves with the soulful Your Love is King before walking onto the pitch, and falling asleep as a result, then I think its unfair to bring her into it.

The Lone Gunman
03-02-15, 12:53
I still stick to my opinion that, in terms of value for money, the pre transfer window team was the worst I'd seen at the club - that wasn't down to Russell Slade, it was because Ole had put together an under performing squad that contained too many dodgy attitudes.
I find it interesting that two hard-working players who apparently didn't have dodgy attitudes (Brayford and Le Fondre) wanted out.To me, Neil Lennon's comments after Le Fondre had agreed to join Bolton suggested that the player wanted out. Lennon told the press: "He went to Cardiff and maybe it didn't go as well as he thought it would do for one reason or another but he'll definitely do for me. He wanted to come back to the North West, so we made a play for him and thankfully it came off."

blue lewj
03-02-15, 13:02
We have many players in this squad that are superstars in their own heads.

The actual fact is they fail to perform week on week.

Of course the manager has an input and a say on playing style, training, team talks and the like but if you can't get the right attitude from your players or instill it in them then you are fighting a losing battle.

I am all for a manager who looks for a hardworking player as opposed to try changing the mentality of a plastic superstar who is sliding down the league churning out ever shoddier performances.

Jimmy the Jock
03-02-15, 13:22
I find it interesting that two hard-working players who apparently didn't have dodgy attitudes (Brayford and Le Fondre) wanted out.
Agree about LeFondre (but did he really "want out"?), not sure so about Brayford.Its the new tika taka football...

Pedro de la Rosa
03-02-15, 13:46
I still stick to my opinion that, in terms of value for money, the pre transfer window team was the worst I'd seen at the club - that wasn't down to Russell Slade, it was because Ole had put together an under performing squad that contained too many dodgy attitudes.I think Slade has had a raw deal but he still has made a right hash of it, and Solksjaer is the worst manager in the club's history.

chepstow
03-02-15, 17:45
There was only one issue that needed addressing this window, and it didn't involve players. Really????????.............ffs!!!

Dave Blue
03-02-15, 18:01
or the management?I won't read the whole thread but pretty much agree with this statement. It's about time players took responsibility too.

Otis
04-02-15, 09:40
Sacking Slade is the only way to help get this club somewhat back on track. ....Yes. Sorry I had to be the one to break it to you. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

lukeBBW
04-02-15, 13:52
I've got a lot of running about to do today so I can't get into a long argument with you about this, but I'll just make a few general comments.I stand by it and say until he goes we will not progress.