PDA

View Full Version : Speed's dad talks

lardy
23-02-15, 10:00
Been on Wol for a couple of weeks but don't think it's been mentioned on here.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/gary-speeds-fat her-gives-most-8694885 (http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/gary-speeds-father-gives-most-8694885)

Still doesn't seem real. The sadness in his dad's words is overpowering.

He's missed by all of us. Could never be as much as his family misses him but there is a massive hole in the Welsh football landscape that will never be filled.

SLUDGE FACTORY
23-02-15, 10:06
Male suicide

Serious problem

About time it was brought up

Rest in peace Gary speed

lardy
23-02-15, 10:11
Male suicideHe says that even now Speed's mum finds it hard to get out of bed in the mornings. Not much more to be said about the effect it has.

surge
23-02-15, 10:41
It's such a sad story. Hopefully his father can succeed in raising the profile of male depression/suicide and save lives. Personally I think we're at a stage where we're all happy to listen and support a friend but still reluctant to admit we might need help sometimes.

ivorall
23-02-15, 11:49
we lost our son Kieron aged 32 in similar circumstances 18 months ago and every day is so hard, my wife Julie is severally depressed and still cant believe it she thinks hell come through the door one day, you read about it and think feel so sad then get on with your life but when its real and its yours its different hard hard so bloody hard

RIP KIERON NOWELL

GARY SPEED

The Penguin
23-02-15, 14:54
we lost our son Kieron aged 32 in similar circumstances 18 months ago and every day is so hard, my wife Julie is severally depressed and still cant believe it she thinks hell come through the door one day, you read about it and think feel so sad then get on with your life but when its real and its yours its different hard hard so bloody hard People who don't understand depression and anxiety cannot comprehend that the individuals view of their world could be totally illogical to us but make perfect sense to them. It's cruel and people who make stories up to fill the gaps should be lynched

goats
23-02-15, 15:57
It's such a sad story. Hopefully his father can succeed in raising the profile of male depression/suicide and save lives. Personally I think we're at a stage where we're all happy to listen and support a friend but still reluctant to admit we might need help sometimes. It's a very sad story indeed like many others. Plenty of people I know suffer it to varying degrees. Never heard much about what actually happened to Gary, was he having treatment etc? Had he been suffering for years maybe in private? I wonder if that might have been part of the problem? From the outside you would think he had it all, just goes to show hey. A terrible affliction that can hit anyone however rich or famous you might be.

Cardiff Irish
23-02-15, 17:02
I've seen it in a different light this year.

Awful awful thing and I've had my own dark days.

Sympathies to all those going through it.

surge
23-02-15, 17:22
we lost our son Kieron aged 32 in similar circumstances 18 months ago and every day is so hard, my wife Julie is severally depressed and still cant believe it she thinks hell come through the door one day, you read about it and think feel so sad then get on with your life but when its real and its yours its different hard hard so bloody hard Knowing the stats never make the real stories any less powerful or sad. I hope both of you are getting the support you need.

Bluemellons
23-02-15, 18:44
It's sad how everyone can talk about cancers, and other horrible illnesses yet depression seems to have a stigma attached to it, as if people are too embarrassed to discuss it.
Good on his dad and any others who are spreading awareness. As this proves, it can happen to ANYONE. He had a 'perfect life' http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

Baker
23-02-15, 19:40
Mr Speed said: "Part of her died with Gary. Losing your son is hard; losing a son to suicide is horrendous. She brought him into this world.

"It is very hard for her. She misses Gary's hugs. He was her son."

---

I just don't get it. No suicide note, happy the day before (I know this is probably because he knew it was all over soon), and a loving family and extremely, extremely successful career.

Baker
23-02-15, 19:42
we lost our son Kieron aged 32 in similar circumstances 18 months ago and every day is so hard, my wife Julie is severally depressed and still cant believe it she thinks hell come through the door one day, you read about it and think feel so sad then get on with your life but when its real and its yours its different hard hard so bloody hard Best of strength to you, your wife and family. I just can't fathom what you guys have been through

ivorall
24-02-15, 12:54
Mr Speed said: "Part of her died with Gary. Losing your son is hard; losing a son to suicide is horrendous. She brought him into this world.looking back at it all he seemed to have made peace with himself for what we cant be sure love him and miss him xxx#

SLUDGE FACTORY
24-02-15, 16:40
Mr Speed said: "Part of her died with Gary. Losing your son is hard; losing a son to suicide is horrendous. She brought him into this world.
"It is very hard for her. She misses Gary's hugs. He was her son."They have many branches in south Wales