PDA

View Full Version : IN OR OUT of the EU?

nugent
25-02-15, 17:09
With the tories being the only party offering an in out referendum, what do you guys all think if you had the chance to vote?

Blue Dwr
25-02-15, 17:14
Anyone arguing to leave needs their head reading.....

Waiting for the backlash.
http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

25-02-15, 17:17
Greens and UKIP offering in/out referendum - any others?

25-02-15, 17:17
LFW? Dunno?

ian gibson
25-02-15, 17:19
Man utd are not in Europe this season mate, so it's an 'out' for you http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

Loya Jirga
25-02-15, 17:20
With the tories being the only party offering an in out referendum, what do you guys all think if you had the chance to vote?I'd vote IN. Purely because I know what it is like to be in, and no-one has said what it means to be out.

Der Kaiser
25-02-15, 17:35
Stay with the Germans.

Welshcake.
25-02-15, 17:57
Loads of people voting UKIP yet still want to stick with Europe http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/homer.gif

Observer
25-02-15, 18:11
Greens and UKIP offering in/out referendum - any others?The Greens have got no choice because Europe do not allow plywood houses http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

Harry Monk
25-02-15, 18:15
There's little enough investment in Wales, take away our EU money and we'd have nothing.

bobh
25-02-15, 19:18
Stay in for now, but with wide political and ethnic diversity, the EU has become far too big to be managed, and it will implode under its own weight in a decade or so.

ragbone
25-02-15, 19:24
There's little enough investment in Wales, take away our EU money and we'd have nothing.You are spot on , it would drastically effect Wales , who have had a lot of regeneration from European funding , something Whitehall has failed to provide .

Wrong Side of the Severn
25-02-15, 20:46
There's little enough investment in Wales, take away our EU money and we'd have nothing.
You are spot on , it would drastically effect Wales , who have had a lot of regeneration from European funding , something Whitehall has failed to provide . The UK puts in billions and receives millions back from European funding. Meanwhile during the time I lived in Spain the railways, roads and other infrastructure was built all with the assistance of the European Regional Development Fund. Their roads and railways put ours to shame. While our infrastructure is falling apart some other countries have prospered with our cash.

surge
25-02-15, 21:11
Have the Tories committed to the referendum? UKIP want us to believe its something they'll go back on and UKIP are the only ones you can trust to get you out of Europe.

Des Parrot
26-02-15, 00:00
You are spot on , it would drastically effect Wales , who have had a lot of regeneration from European funding , something Whitehall has failed to provide .
The UK puts in billions and receives millions back from European funding. Meanwhile during the time I lived in Spain the railways, roads and other infrastructure was built all with the assistance of the European Regional Development Fund. Their roads and railways put ours to shame. While our infrastructure is falling apart some other countries have prospered with our cash. Poland is the same. EU funding on infrastructure everywhere, ironically going to Chinese construction companies.

ragbone
26-02-15, 00:35
Have the Tories committed to the referendum? UKIP want us to believe its something they'll go back on and UKIP are the only ones you can trust to get you out of Europe. Lets be honest if it was the right thing to do and we could get away with it , without adversely effecting anything,don't you think one of the main parties would have shouted by now ""vote for us and we are out of Europe"" knowing it would potentially deliver a ballot box victory ?

lardy
26-02-15, 01:58
You are spot on , it would drastically effect Wales , who have had a lot of regeneration from European funding , something Whitehall has failed to provide .
The UK puts in billions and receives millions back from European funding. Meanwhile during the time I lived in Spain the railways, roads and other infrastructure was built all with the assistance of the European Regional Development Fund. Their roads and railways put ours to shame. While our infrastructure is falling apart some other countries have prospered with our cash. Spain is an interesting example to use for a country who has 'prospered'.

Wrong Side of the Severn
26-02-15, 07:51
The UK puts in billions and receives millions back from European funding. Meanwhile during the time I lived in Spain the railways, roads and other infrastructure was built all with the assistance of the European Regional Development Fund. Their roads and railways put ours to shame. While our infrastructure is falling apart some other countries have prospered with our cash.
Prospered in terms of its infrastructure built with money from the EU. It's economy is another matter.Spain is an interesting example to use for a country who has 'prospered'.

epping blue
26-02-15, 08:50
Its an absolute out for me. The cost of these ever increasing levels of governance is unsustainable. Europe must be tens of millions a week in restaurant bills, hundreds of millions a month in first class rail and plane fares and many billions a year in hotel and rental accommodation.

lardy
26-02-15, 09:01
Its an absolute out for me. The cost of these ever increasing levels of governance is unsustainable. Europe must be tens of millions a week in restaurant bills, hundreds of millions a month in first class rail and plane fares and many billions a year in hotel and rental accommodation. Well I'm convinced.

TruBlue
26-02-15, 09:19
The UK puts in billions and receives millions back from European funding. Meanwhile during the time I lived in Spain the railways, roads and other infrastructure was built all with the assistance of the European Regional Development Fund. Their roads and railways put ours to shame. While our infrastructure is falling apart some other countries have prospered with our cash.
Prospered in terms of its infrastructure built with money from the EU. It's economy is another matter.
Spain is an interesting example to use for a country who has 'prospered'.Most of the good roads I ever go on in Spain are private toll roads, that no one uses.

NECS
26-02-15, 10:11
I'm sure the duplicitous politicians will find a way of avoiding a referendum or gerrymandering the result if there is one held. There are too many vested interests in big business to let the gravy train hit the buffers. I'll vote out for the very same reasons that Tony Benn and Barbara Castle were against membership in the 70's. However, as bobh says in a few years it will all be academic. The EU is sinking with two many circles to be squared. It cannot survive with richer Northern countries having to bail out poorer Southern ones on a regular basis while at the same time the new economies of the Brazils and Indias of this world overtake the older European ones. For supporters of the EU enjoy your "victory" at any forthcoming referendum because, rather like the old Splott Cinema, the whole edifice will soon be crashing down.

Colon Man
26-02-15, 14:03
Loads of people voting UKIP yet still want to stick with Europe http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/homer.gif Perhaps to give the main parties a kick up the arse but in the knowledge that UKIP won't actually get in.

NECS
26-02-15, 14:36
I can't help thinking there should have been a "shake it all about" option with this poll.

Owen Wilsons Nose
26-02-15, 15:23
The only people I know who want out of the EU are the typical morons who moan about immigrants taking jobs yet themselves have a few kids and a few low grade GCSE's and they contribute even less than immigrants.

Vimana.
26-02-15, 15:28
I can't help thinking there should have been a "shake it all about" option with this poll.So, unfortunately not an alternative that I'd want to consider.

NECS
26-02-15, 15:29
The only people I know who want out of the EU are the typical morons who moan about immigrants taking jobs yet themselves have a few kids and a few low grade GCSE's and they contribute even less than immigrants.Well I want out mate and I can assure you I don't fit into your criteria. Still better than putting forward a few arguments isn't it ?