BlueToujours
04-03-15, 20:02
Norwich 0 -1 Wigan

redjk
04-03-15, 20:10
Glad for him.

Vimana.
04-03-15, 20:10
Hey he's good ! - sign him up Malky http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/malky.gif I mean Ole, I mean Ru .. doh ..

jon1959
04-03-15, 21:03
Goal machine! http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

Jimmy Jimmy
04-03-15, 21:29
Ive lost count the number of times we have released or sold a player for a few quid because we thought he was crap or sh1t attitude etc - and then they go on a run of form - I dont include Rhys Weston in that or that goal machine Warren Feeney - having said that or Andy Campbell.... in fact - why did I bother mentioning it

14TheFuture
04-03-15, 21:41
What does Bluebird23 think?

taff7
04-03-15, 21:48
Cardiff. Talent graveyard!

BlueArmy 86
04-03-15, 22:03
What a strike as well!

The Common Blue
04-03-15, 22:36
Super Jay Bothroyd?

surge
04-03-15, 22:49
The top 8 are separated by just 9 points. So is this the most exciting title race ever?

bluemoon
05-03-15, 09:39
was obviously something going on with the kimbo saga... frozen out, released then hooked back up with malky

there was obviously no way on this earth that tan would have allowed malky to buy him, id have thought kimbo will have bought out the rest of his contract, then got released and then hey ho, walks into malkys wigan team and starts scoring goals

epping blue
05-03-15, 10:21
was obviously something going on with the kimbo saga... frozen out, released then hooked back up with malkyI think Cala would have been really effective at this level.

qccfc
05-03-15, 10:26
was obviously something going on with the kimbo saga... frozen out, released then hooked back up with malky
there was obviously no way on this earth that tan would have allowed malky to buy him, id have thought kimbo will have bought out the rest of his contract, then got released and then hey ho, walks into malkys wigan team and starts scoring goalsThere are more factors in play rather than ability.

Baker
05-03-15, 10:39
He is a very good player but he's way too inconsistent and weak.

neilw65
05-03-15, 11:22
there was obviously no way on this earth that tan would have allowed malky to buy him, id have thought kimbo will have bought out the rest of his contract, then got released and then hey ho, walks into malkys wigan team and starts scoring goalsA back 4 of Fabio, Bruno, Cala and Brayford would have been excellent.

epping blue
05-03-15, 11:29
He is a very good player but he's way too inconsistent and weak.I wouldn't judge the ability of any of our players who've left in the last 15 months we've been so badly managed.

Rufus T. Firefly
05-03-15, 11:30
The top 8 are separated by just 9 points. So is this the most exciting title race ever? Earlier in the season there were posters on here saying it was a poor division this year.

surge
05-03-15, 11:53
there was obviously no way on this earth that tan would have allowed malky to buy him, id have thought kimbo will have bought out the rest of his contract, then got released and then hey ho, walks into malkys wigan team and starts scoring goals
You've got that completely the wrong way around. We will have paid his contract off, not fully but to figure some between nothing and the full remainder of the contract. Probably closer to the higher end but that depends on the negotiaters and his desire to start playing again. Once he's a free agent he signs for who ever he wants or to be honest who'll have him. 1. Naturally talented, attack minded, massively expensive and prone to mistakes.

redjk
05-03-15, 11:59
You've got that completely the wrong way around. We will have paid his contract off, not fully but to figure some between nothing and the full remainder of the contract. Probably closer to the higher end but that depends on the negotiaters and his desire to start playing again. Once he's a free agent he signs for who ever he wants or to be honest who'll have him.
<b>What I find irritating about all this is the absolute disregard of these players by Slade prior to establishing whether they had anything to offer. If we've paid a large proportion of their contract up then we may as well have kept them rather than bringing in journey men such as Revell and Doyle. Yeah we might have ended up entertaining someone over the last year with that approach. God forbid.

qccfc
05-03-15, 12:05
You've got that completely the wrong way around. We will have paid his contract off, not fully but to figure some between nothing and the full remainder of the contract. Probably closer to the higher end but that depends on the negotiaters and his desire to start playing again. Once he's a free agent he signs for who ever he wants or to be honest who'll have him.
What I find irritating about all this is the absolute disregard of these players by Slade prior to establishing whether they had anything to offer. If we've paid a large proportion of their contract up then we may as well have kept them rather than bringing in journey men such as Revell and Doyle.
I think Cala would have been really effective at this level. If you were a new manager coming in with a brief to make cuts, where is the incentive in giving the disinterested high earners a chance.

neilw65
05-03-15, 12:12
What I find irritating about all this is the absolute disregard of these players by Slade prior to establishing whether they had anything to offer. If we've paid a large proportion of their contract up then we may as well have kept them rather than bringing in journey men such as Revell and Doyle.
I think Cala would have been really effective at this level.
This I completely agree with. In my opinion Slade has managed this situation apallingly.

qccfc
05-03-15, 12:16
I think Cala would have been really effective at this level.
This I completely agree with.
Why the likes of Guerra, Bergstaller, Eikrem, Daehli etc never got a chance under Slade is ridiculous. I would imagine that negotiations would have already began with some players before Slade was even brought in.

jon1959
05-03-15, 13:35
You've got that completely the wrong way around. We will have paid his contract off, not fully but to figure some between nothing and the full remainder of the contract. Probably closer to the higher end but that depends on the negotiaters and his desire to start playing again. Once he's a free agent he signs for who ever he wants or to be honest who'll have him. I think Lewis has another year too and will also be back - maybe before the end of the season as Blackpool have stopped playing him (although the loan deal goes to the end).

neilw65
05-03-15, 13:42
<b>What I find irritating about all this is the absolute disregard of these players by Slade prior to establishing whether they had anything to offer. If we've paid a large proportion of their contract up then we may as well have kept them rather than bringing in journey men such as Revell and Doyle. The way we have played since Slade has taken over has been appalling, surely these players should have been given a go, and in positions that they are suited to.

Loramski
05-03-15, 13:49
<b>What I find irritating about all this is the absolute disregard of these players by Slade prior to establishing whether they had anything to offer. If we've paid a large proportion of their contract up then we may as well have kept them rather than bringing in journey men such as Revell and Doyle. http:&#47;&#47; en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_Cardiff_City_F.C._seas on#Squad (http:&#47;&#47;en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_Cardiff_City_F.C._season#Squad)

jon1959
05-03-15, 15:42
Thanks for the link.

According to that Joe Lewis' contract is up in June (and Blackpool don't want him after this season's loan).

Guerra, Velikonja, ALF etc still in contract beyond this summer.

Loramski
05-03-15, 16:14
Thanks for the link.Ben Nugent too.Someone's got to make the tea I suppose.

jon1959
05-03-15, 16:21
Thanks for the link.
According to that Joe Lewis' contract is up in June (and Blackpool don't want him after this season's loan). And Filip Kiss, too. I forgot about him. Contract to 2016.

Loramski
05-03-15, 16:30
Thanks for the link.
According to that Joe Lewis' contract is up in June (and Blackpool don't want him after this season's loan).
Guerra, Velikonja, ALF etc still in contract beyond this summer.Such an odd signing that.Malky had him on loan for a year,decided to buy him and gave him a four year contract but he hasn't started a league game since.

Gwynedd Blue
05-03-15, 16:40
there was obviously no way on this earth that tan would have allowed malky to buy him, id have thought kimbo will have bought out the rest of his contract, then got released and then hey ho, walks into malkys wigan team and starts scoring goalsStill can't believe we let Daehli go.

Cathaze Blue
05-03-15, 19:21
Here's the goal...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RmIORWdKIM

Is it just me or does he not quite know what to do after scoring so sort of does a half ayatollah before disguising it

redjk
05-03-15, 19:36
Here's the goal...Cracking strike

Cathaze Blue
05-03-15, 20:15
Really Really hope wigan stay up now and after winning two on the bounce and with Rotherham looking poor (who concedes 3 goals at home to us before half time?). I felt very sorry for kim the way things went. He hardly spoke any English when he came here but he seems to be adapting to the game (and how malky wants him to play) Given a bit more time maybe he could have become as influential as Ki SY has for swansea.

Lets not forget that it was Kimbo who was seen as the golden boy of Southern Korean football back then, the next Ji Sung Park, Not Ki. He has the talent, if he develops the physical side of his game as well maybe he could become as important as Ki is for Swansea.

I think it is one of the nicer stories in football that Kimbo joined up with Malky at Wigan and both seem to be doing well together - after all that was written about the press there doesn't appear to be any bad blood at all.