PDA

View Full Version : Buying Florida Park tickets on a US site?

jnc90
23-03-15, 16:17
Going to Florida in May and using a villa owned by family so I have the address etc and no-one else will be there between now and then so can have tickets delivered there.

So, question is, is it possible to buy our Universal/Disney park tickets on a US site and pay in dollars and if so can I save money doing that?

Anyone help that might have done so before, not sure what site to use in the US?

blue matt
23-03-15, 17:48
to be honest the savings are nothing to be made

if you buy disney tickets you have to get " magic your way " and customise them ( i.e add waterparks, park hopping etc etc ) against the " Ultimate " that is available to guests from the UK, which has it all ( hopping, water parks ), disney also have a sale on at the mo, 14 days for the price of 7 ( this sale has been on for about 18 months now )

so buying from the US really doesnt make sense at all, unless you are only doing disney for a few days

as for Universal, once again, the tickets direct from them ( pick them up from " will-call " ) will be roughly the same price, you might save a few quid if you buy them in the UK, buts it is not alot of difference

cardiff55
23-03-15, 20:03
You may have difficulty using a UK card on a US site. This happens when you try and buy designer clothes too. It may ask you for an address and if you input a UK address with a UK postcode it may not recognise it. If you are successful though don't forget they add in sales tax at 6 or 7% which pushes up the cost a bit. Also the exchange rate currently is the worst it's been for a while at $1.45 to the pound, when I went in September it was $1.60 so it's about 10% worse, so any normal dollar/pound savings are being eroded when you take in to account the exchange rate and the sales tax addition.

I'll give you the Malky!!
23-03-15, 20:16
You may have difficulty using a UK card on a US site. This happens when you try and buy designer clothes too. It may ask you for an address and if you input a UK address with a UK postcode it may not recognise it. If you are successful though don't forget they add in sales tax at 6 or 7% which pushes up the cost a bit. Also the exchange rate currently is the worst it's been for a while at $1.45 to the pound, when I went in September it was $1.60 so it's about 10% worse, so any normal dollar/pound savings are being eroded when you take in to account the exchange rate and the sales tax addition.Thinly veiled "l'm a bit of a dresser"

bluemoon
23-03-15, 20:41
buy your tickets here online by all means... but all i found was they were cheaper there... in cash

our hotel which just so happened to be right across the road from universal were offering tickets so cheap i almost threw up in the lobby

theres also ticket booths all up and down international drive and on sale in wallmarts too not to mention lots of other places, all i had was we will beat any price home or here, i had no leverage as i had already paid for mine here just like everyone i spoke to recommended, never again ill go cahs in hand next time,

take a look at your party too, and really think it through what you want to do, i got the 14 day all singing all dancing skip from one park to another tickets and they were wasted on us, you have all the intention of going hard at it before you go... when you are there its different gravy... if your going when its hot that heat can really get to you and slow you down, if anyone elderly is going they will more than likely go just a handful of times so dont go getting them a 14 day pass would be cheaper to pay on the gate

you swear blind your going to hit the rides hard day in day out, it does not work out like that for everyone its hard going, its a huge huge place, when you have gone round the park or parks all day, you wait for the fireworks which the main ones are at 10pm, there will be many shows at magic kingdom for example and a mini firework show around 7-8 but you wait for the big ones and then you get back to the hotel/villa shattered, you think you can get up and do it the next day.. you have to have super enthusiasm and stamina to keep that pace up, we managed around 7 days with break days in between out of 14... i think i could have done say 12 as i wanted to go to the parks all the time but everyone else was shattered and held me back, mix that in with everything else florida has to offer, the huge shopping malls, the huge wallmarts, other attractions and you will be shattered trust me

you can take food into the parks too, dont let anyone say different, but saying that as the rule has now been relaxed food in the parks are more competitive now, you can get a huge meal for a round $10 which will consist of a huge burger or pull pork sandwich and fries and drink, was not too bad at all, but you can take food in, best to put it in see through seal able bags, my sister who went a few years earlier says the food had halved in price due to the fact you can bring your own in now

its an awsome trip and would go back tomorrow but would do things different

blue matt
23-03-15, 22:02
buy your tickets here online by all means... but all i found was they were cheaper there... in cashdisney will not be any cheaper, as even " agents " stick to the MYW prices

cardiff55
23-03-15, 22:23
You may have difficulty using a UK card on a US site. This happens when you try and buy designer clothes too. It may ask you for an address and if you input a UK address with a UK postcode it may not recognise it. If you are successful though don't forget they add in sales tax at 6 or 7% which pushes up the cost a bit. Also the exchange rate currently is the worst it's been for a while at $1.45 to the pound, when I went in September it was $1.60 so it's about 10% worse, so any normal dollar/pound savings are being eroded when you take in to account the exchange rate and the sales tax addition.
Thinly veiled "l'm a bit of a dresser" Lol. On behalf of my daughter obviously .

jnc90
24-03-15, 10:09
Cheers all for the replies! Doesn't sound like the saving, if any, are worth the fuss then! I did have a look for some sites selling the tickets and the biggest issue was I couldn't really find one that sold the Disney/universal combo pack that we want anyway so will just go ahead and use a UK site. Can anyone reccomend the best to use? The 2 or 3 major one's that google returns all seem to be similar prices but maybe some offer a better service than others?

Bluemoon - thanks for all the info. It's just me and the missus going and we have both been quite a lot before but first time just us 2 and first time I've had to get all the tickets. Like I said we're going for the 14 day Disney/Universal hopper ticket and to save a fuss just going to pre-book them rather than look for deals out there. We've never really spent any time on I-Drive as our Villa is in Champions gate and wasn't keen on the I Drive area.

We're there for 3 weeks so going to have a few days either side of the 2 week ticket period without any park visits and being as we both know the parks pretty well I think we know what we do and don't want to do. Not going to try and squeeze too much of the parks in as we've done them all before and there's a lot more we want to do such as visiting the coast (Naples and St Pete's) and also going down to the everglades again!

Can't wait to go now, don't think I could ever get bored of this holiday!

blue matt
24-03-15, 21:29
Cheers all for the replies! Doesn't sound like the saving, if any, are worth the fuss then! I did have a look for some sites selling the tickets and the biggest issue was I couldn't really find one that sold the Disney/universal combo pack that we want anyway so will just go ahead and use a UK site. Can anyone reccomend the best to use? The 2 or 3 major one's that google returns all seem to be similar prices but maybe some offer a better service than others?you will also find that many of the companies like ATD are all owned by the same company, thus as you have found, they are all similar prices, prices are all very similar anyways, as they price match

ccfcwelshlad
24-03-15, 22:58
Me and girlfriend are going end of May. We paid £401 each for 14 day tickets for WDW, Universal and Wet n Wild.

Think the main WDW/Universal switch ticket was £396, the add on for Wet n Wild was £10 each. Code MSE5 then gave £5 off each. Paid balance about 10 days ago and have tickets in hand already.

www.orlandoattractiontickets.co.uk

blue matt
24-03-15, 23:53
florida tix

has the combo for £410 aswell

https://www.floridatix.com/orlando-ticket-deals-combos/disne y-universal (https://www.floridatix.com/orlando-ticket-deals-combos/disney-universal)

bluemoon
25-03-15, 07:17
St petes is really nice http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

jnc90
25-03-15, 10:51
Cheers all!
@Bluematt - Will have a look at doing it sepereately then becuase I want to do Busch Gardens again so might work out better for us to do it that way.

@WelshLad - that's the site I was going to use so good to know you seem to have had a good service from them? Thanks for the discount code too! :D

@bluemoon - Yeah, have been to St Pete's before and really liked it, managed to catch a pod of Dolphins putting on a show for us just off the pier too! Also loved the Keys and Naples so think we're just going to look for a night or 2 down that way somewhere and just book a hotel kind of last minute. That's what's so nice about having a car out there I guess, a lot mroe freedom to go visit other areas!

Ainsley Harriott
25-03-15, 11:04
Remember that Orlando now has a 'soccer' team...decent chance to go see Kaka running the show.

jnc90
27-03-15, 09:46
Remember that Orlando now has a 'soccer' team...decent chance to go see Kaka running the show.Good point! Might actually be worth a trip!