PDA

View Full Version : In retrospect..

AfricanBluebird
07-04-15, 07:35
Do you think Ole should have been given more time?

Perhaps getting rid of Ole was based on a bad start and the expectation that we were going straight back up. Truth is it wouldn't have mattered who our manager was at the start of the season we were always going to struggle.

If Ole had stayed to develop a playing style of our own and working on the squad would we be in better shape, footballing-wise, than we are now?

I have no doubt we would not have been challenging for promotion if Ole had stayed but wonder after 8 months of Ole in charge in the Championship whether we would be more hopeful for next season than we are now with Slade in charge.

The Bloop
07-04-15, 07:47
Sorry but he shouldnt have been given any time whatsoever

For a virgin premier league team to employ a man with no managerial experience at that level in this country was foolhardy and doomed from the start.

TruBlue
07-04-15, 07:47
It's tough to call really, because we are often told about giving managers time, but then that comes from people in the game who are often looking after their own mates, but my overall feeling was/is, that Ole was absolutely clueless when it came to football management.

Slade might not be the best either, but I'd take him of OGS.

lardy
07-04-15, 07:56
Not really seen much of City this season under Slade but saw more than enough of OGS's teams to know that getting rid of him was the right thing to do.

The Penguin
07-04-15, 08:19
Not really seen much of City this season under Slade but saw more than enough of OGS's teams to know that getting rid of him was the right thing to do.That it is even being discussed says more about Slade than OGS.

Cleve van Leef
07-04-15, 08:23
Do you think Ole should have been given more time?Yes.

October '68
07-04-15, 08:31
No way, Ole is the worst manager I have ever witnessed at Ninian Park from Scoular onward. I'd rather Kenny Hibbert been brought back, than to have given the 'useless one', more time in charge.I have no doubt we would not have been challenging for promotion if Ole had stayed but wonder after 8 months of Ole in charge in the Championship whether we would be more hopeful for next season than we are now with Slade in charge.

kneesupbrianclark
07-04-15, 08:47
No way, Ole is the worst manager I have ever witnessed at Ninian Park from Scoular onward. I'd rather Kenny Hibbert been brought back, than to have given the 'useless one', more time in charge.
He should have been dismissed the moment the whistle went in our last game in the premier league, v Chelsea at home. It was a complete folly to give him the summer and the funds to try and build a team for promotion. I'm sure a good 90% of our fans could see that. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif Agree , Ole was worse than Durban in my opinion. I never thought I would see anybody worse than Durban who had no money to spend , Ole had millions and look at what we have to show for it !

Spooky Tree
07-04-15, 09:09
Ole was clueless.

RFMH
07-04-15, 09:09
If you could say With any authority how he exactly wanted to play then you could make a case. But you couldn't.

He buys Le Fondre, Guerra and Macheda and decides Jones is his main striker and Maynard is at the forefront too.

Has zero pace in the team despite an open cheque book.

Favours Morrison over Hudson

Has essentially three wide players but won't stick to a system that utilises them, in stead plays Le Fondre or Maynard wide.

If he'd bought a decent number ten, gone forward with Jones, Macheda and Guerra as three strikers for one position. Bought in solid and quick wide players and had a settled team and shape. He'd have at least done ok. Not this "let's play Connolly at left back because ???? Profit" crap he came up with.

AfricanBluebird
07-04-15, 09:18
If you could say With any authority how he exactly wanted to play then you could make a case. But you couldn't.I did understand what Ole tried to do in the January transfer window with bringing in Jones and Zaha... get a quick winger who could put the ball into a target man / goalscorer... however that didn't work out due to having the wrong personnel and wrong system.... but you are right, we saw little of how he wanted to play.

Vimana.
07-04-15, 09:18
No.

Ole created chaos through lack of management skills, and an overly generous owner, who was determined only to prove a point against the previous manager.

The situation would not have improved.

Slade seemingly arrived here as some kind of 'antithesis' to Ole and profligacy - as a fairly direct response to the Ole experience.

What a feck up.

surge
07-04-15, 09:30
How much control did he have over signings?

Mabinogion
07-04-15, 09:39
Lol.

Slade must be shit if some of you are contemplating OGS!

AfricanBluebird
07-04-15, 09:59
Lol.Sadly you're probably right :(

Observer
07-04-15, 10:06
Could we get Ole back? Do you think he would come? Or is he content to enjoy the millions he made for a few weeks 'work' http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/sherlock.gif

lardy
07-04-15, 10:10
It would have been fair to give Ole until lunchtime at least.

bluemoon
07-04-15, 10:29
didnt want ole in the 1st place http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/shrug.gif

and i dont recognize slade as manager now

ill renew my faith in cardiff city when im good and ready to

19 home game boycott and counting...

Saundersfootblue
07-04-15, 10:31
Do you think Ole should have been given more time?Ole was shit.He should never have been given the job by the madman.Now the madman's second choice is shit.SLADE OUT.

Mario Miethig
07-04-15, 10:47
Ole was a disastrous appointment and has been mentioned, should have been sacked as soon as last season ended. Playing Connolly at Left Back summed up Ole as a manager. Clueless! Don't think even the buffoon we have in charge now would be that naive.

Steve R
07-04-15, 11:05
Disastrous appointment maybe but if I remember correctly most of our fans were delighted with the move including myself I should add. A young, hungry, up and coming young manager with a big history, what could possibly go wrong?

Observer
07-04-15, 11:08
Disastrous appointment maybe but if I remember correctly most of our fans were delighted with the move including myself I should add. A young, hungry, up and coming young manager with a big history, what could possibly go wrong? The future?

Trigger
07-04-15, 11:15
For purely footballing reasons yes he should have. Clearly it is about cost cutting which he wouldn't have been able to do quite as happily as Slade has.

Sticking to the football side of things, his teams and results were erratic but I really don't think we would have been any worse off under him this season, in fact the players he actually brought in may well have performed better. It was early in the season and the club panicked and settled for just staying up from that point on.

I don't understand the logic of throwing money at him and then sacking him a couple of months later and then cutting the costs so drastically.

TH63
07-04-15, 11:44
No, we'd already be relegated under Ole

Taunton Blue Genie
07-04-15, 11:54
This is similar to the fate of those players dropped and languishing in the reserves. When they are in the first team they are vilified for performing so poorly and replaced by someone else for a period of time that is equally unimpressive. Then there are calls to re-instate the player in the reserves.
It's like moving the furniture on the Titanic.

50yearfan
07-04-15, 18:09
Out of the frying pan into the............shyte

NigelBlues
07-04-15, 19:03
<font face="Arial"><font color="[/font">skyblue]]NO ! !

Bluemellons
07-04-15, 19:13
Depends on whether he could keep his star signings. He probably would have walked anyway if Tan had sold everyone as he has under Slade.
I dont know much about the bloke but to me this smacks of Slade being so desperate for a 'big job' that he agreed to everything that has happened.
In fairness, to keep us up with all thats happened is a decent outcome....but we all know we should have been challenging for the top two. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/shrug.gif

Penarth Blues
07-04-15, 20:05
No

07-04-15, 20:23
Ole was terrible end of
Slade is also terrible, but Ole was worse, somehow

stevebrickman
07-04-15, 20:26
I was optimistic when we appointed him. He had a decent track record in Norway, and had previously turned down other Premier League jobs, including Villa.

For me - the signs of incompetence were all there in his inital interview when he was prattling on about the only important thing being finishing above Swansea.

We should have got rid in the summer.

ccfcazzurri
07-04-15, 20:50
Things went wrong way before Ole. If Tan hadn't tried being the new Hitler at the Club Malky wouldn't have fallen out with him and gone bad trying to make extra bucks behind Tan's back.

I still believe that if Tan had behaved like an decent owner, ie. not be seen or heard then Malky would have kept us in the Prem, built on the successful first season and not tried to rip Tan off. Once he knew he wasn't going to last long term under the new Hitler he tried to cash in along with moody.

Ole, slade, half arsed return from the rebrand and everything else has just been one bad joke after another.

Struggle to think of a club worse run than us. Leeds maybe, but thats it.

Reap what you sow.

Gwynedd Blue
07-04-15, 20:56
I thought at the time he was sacked that he should have been given more time. But I'm not saying that he would have been any better than Slade in the long run. He may have been; he may not have been - now we will never know.

Bluebird23
07-04-15, 21:34
I thought he lost his job far too soon, and would have much rather have seen in him stay as opposed to appointing Slade.

The only thing that pleased me about Ole leaving, was I thought the timing may have been right with Pulis out of work, to get him in and unite the fan base.

lardy
07-04-15, 21:50
I thought he lost his job far too soon, and would have much rather have seen in him stay as opposed to appointing Slade.Slade has united the fanbase.

ragbone
07-04-15, 23:47
Do you think Ole should have been given more time?We talk of Slade being out of his depth,I think OGS was as well, and I was one that initially felt it was a good appointment , young ,new, fresh minded, shows you can never tell , in fact so was Malky once we were promoted to the big boy league ,hey there we go what a trio . http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/shrug.gif

Laz is a BLUEbird
08-04-15, 03:06
only because slade was his replacement, yes

Steve the Tea
08-04-15, 03:19
No.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/Drinking_trink25.gif

Laz is a BLUEbird
08-04-15, 03:32
[quote title=Steve the Tea (c) TM wrote on Wed, 08 April 2015 04:19]No.

why?

the other bob wilson
08-04-15, 04:14
No, I don't care what anyone says, Malky Mackay was a good football manager of Cardiff City and it was off field things which dragged him down - despite all of the innuendo about him being on the fiddle and all the money Tan has spent on trying to get evidence of this, there's still no credible proof out there that he was.

Tan has made it obvious Mackay wasn't his appointment and, although he has tried to distance himself from the Ole selection, his record, like it is on most things at the club, is a disaster when it comes to picking new bosses.

Ole had a fortune to spend, yet we were going absolutely nowhere under him and half of the time I don't think he had much of an idea what he was trying to do in terms of tactics and playing style at Cardiff.

Slade has been given a much tougher job than Ole was and he has kept us more or less on an even keel when it comes to results whilst managing to recoup part of the money we wasted during Mackay's latter months and Ole's time in charge, so I wouldn't say we were better off under Ole.

That said, Slade doesn't look up to the job of moving us forward to me and I'm still waiting to see a complete ninety minute performance from one of his teams. I'd put him nearer the bottom than the top in any rating of the City managers I've seen I came up with, but I'd also say that, under the current ownership, we are unlikely to get the quality of applicant that a club in our position should get when the manager's job is available, so we'd probably only end up with someone comparable to Slade if we sacked him.

Des Parrot
08-04-15, 10:28
No, Ole should not have been given more time but Malky should have been.