PDA

View Full Version : Private Parking Fine

bluekell
23-04-15, 17:32
I know that the topic of private company parking fines has featured a lot on this website and I know the advice from those who claim to be in the know is ignore. Given todays legal case (see link), should I just pay a pending parking fine or should I still ignore.

PS It was my car but my wife did the extended parking. Not sure if that makes any difference now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-32429649

Jimmy Jimmy
23-04-15, 17:46
Id wait and see what happens - after the appeal.

Every cowboy outfit out there will now be sending out 'reminders' to people - no doubt stating this case.

The fact still remains - it's not a criminal matter - it's a civil one - unpaid invoice.

WJ99mobile
23-04-15, 19:26
No real advice from me but definitely an interesting case.

Opens up Pandora's box on these 'fines' and it's a gamble now if this is upheld if companies will take it further.

23-04-15, 19:43
they're a fecing joke and should be laughed out of court.

If you want to charge for parking then put barriers up and make it easy to pay, using something like.......i don't know, pay stations? Like ermmmmmmmm CAR-FECKING-PARKS!!

Cardiff Gate want you to go into WH SMith to pay if staying over 2 hours. How the feck are you suppose to know that, assuming you noticed the signs saying only 2 hours parking.

KENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobh
23-04-15, 19:55
We should aall spray paint over their signs - that'll screw them! http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

Penarth Blues
23-04-15, 22:48
It's really simple as someone noted in another thread - just send emails to the companies explaining that you won't be shopping in their stores until they remove the threat of fining you for coming to shop with them.

I don't quite get the pleasure of shopping in these soulless places if you can avoid them anyway - far nicer to get onto your legs and go for a walk and a leisurely bite to eat and drink in a town centre. You get some exercise too

stevie macs red foot
24-04-15, 07:10
don't ignore. appeal first. if that fails, then go via POPLA, if that fails, i don't know what to suggest after that! POPLA overturned the PCN when I went to them.