PDA

View Full Version : I Need A New Car - Shortly

Peajay
16-05-15, 15:34
Ive a car that has done 164k (Picasso deisel 55 plate), with a trade in value of around £350 it goes fantastic, but I think the clutch is on the way out or even worse around that 'neck of the wood' which will cost probably a minimum of £550 and I would scrap it then as once I've paid that its a matter of time until the next cost. The driver seat is collapsed, and uncomfortable, the back wiper doesnt work, the air con has a leak and doesnt work. So a great runner but a wreck and no heater on feet in the winter. So............

Do I part ex it and get next to nothing ?

Or wait until it breaks and scrap it ?

My choice is the second option but wondering what the cost implications are, I am covered by breakdown insurance, and concerned if I break down a long way from home.

MOT until September.

Help !

chris lee
16-05-15, 16:00
If you can afford to get a new car without needing to offload your current motor, buy new car and private sale your current car while it is still running (eBay, gumtree ect)

taff7
16-05-15, 16:04
Ive a car that has done 164k (Picasso deisel 55 plate), with a trade in value of around £350 it goes fantastic, but I think the clutch is on the way out or even worse around that 'neck of the wood' which will cost probably a minimum of £550 and I would scrap it then as once I've paid that its a matter of time until the next cost. The driver seat is collapsed, and uncomfortable, the back wiper doesnt work, the air con has a leak and doesnt work. So a great runner but a wreck and no heater on feet in the winter. So............I'm selling a Focus, but it's probably a bit out of your price range...