PDA

View Full Version : We really were a very good side..

A Quiet Monkfish
24-05-15, 07:55
I always thought that if this side had gone up they would have had a fairly decent chance of staying there. As good as Premiership in my book...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfDJhsvcF1Q

Baloo
24-05-15, 08:17
Talented side. The build up to the first chance in that video is superb. Looking at the highlights we should really have battered Leicester that day.

Some key players were a bit undisciplined though. Would like to seen them have a go in the Prem with a few additions.

The Bob Banker Spanker
24-05-15, 08:18
Best game of football I've seen at the CCS since we've moved there.
So many emotions that night and some fantastic football.

Eric the Half a Bee
24-05-15, 08:22
I always thought that if this side had gone up they would have had a fairly decent chance of staying there. As good as Premiership in my book...Despite that we should have been promoted under Jones. Malky got a less talented side to win the league. I recently watched the highlights of the 2nd leg of the league cup semi-final against Palace. That was a tremendous performance, like many in his first season. I think had Tan not hurried Malky into winning promotion we wouldn't have become the dour, grinding team that somehow won the league.

the other bob wilson
24-05-15, 08:30
That team were great to watch when they were on song - I still remember outstanding performances against the wurzels, Derby, Coventry and the brilliant win over Leicester during the regular season in the new stadium and away matches like Sheffield United, West Brom and the wurzels again.

However, that Leicester Play Off play off match gave the clue as to one of the reasons why it came up short in the end - 2-0 up and coasting one minute and then 3-2 down and panic everywhere twenty minutes later (the Final also showed how reliant on Jay Bothroyd that team was).

I must admit mind that the highlights show we could have scored an absolute hat full that night , but the 12/13 side would have got the job done without anywhere near as many alarms (or thrills it must be said).

Thanks for posting that, I enjoyed it, but when you look at the crowd and hear the atmosphere that night and compare it to what we had to endure this season, it really does show how far we've fallen in terms of the intensity of our support.

Lawnmower
24-05-15, 08:37
As time goes on they get better.
But let not forget when the pressure came on the lack of bottle of certain players was cruelly exposed.

I also think had we had Turner alongside Hudson that year then that may well have been enough.

nathansfmachine
24-05-15, 08:43
Leeds away was the most complete performance I have seen from a Cardiff city side. We were quality that night.

Gwynedd Blue
24-05-15, 08:57
I always thought that if this side had gone up they would have had a fairly decent chance of staying there. As good as Premiership in my book...Great http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif Not used to exciting games like that nowadays!

Hilts
24-05-15, 08:59
Without Jay Bothroyd if Jones had been in charge wed have been mid table.

That Blackpool final and bringing on Etuhu showed how clueless he was for any system other than 442 and a big man little man front 2.

And to think some want him back.

Costa Coffee Crew
24-05-15, 09:00
God I miss that pride passion and excitement. Made me remember why I love football and Cardiff City. Players and supporters who felt part of the club. We are so far from that at the moment.

tommy31
24-05-15, 09:00
I can remember that exact moment bothroyd hit the bar as clear as day. I honestly thought it wasn't going to be our night after that

The Bob Banker Spanker
24-05-15, 09:18
And to think we were under a transfer embargo for most of that season with a few court orders until TG came in.

the other bob wilson
24-05-15, 09:20
God I miss that pride passion and excitement. Made me remember why I love football and Cardiff City. Players and supporters who felt part of the club. We are so far from that at the moment.This season there was many a match day when the upcoming City game barely entered my head - I'm pretty sure Vincent Tan was there that night and, if he's being honest with himself, he surely has to accept that he has played a significant part in turning us from what we were then into what we are now.

Capt. Darling
24-05-15, 09:39
Thanks for posting that , ive not seen highlights of that game. My memories of that game was the ammount of times we missed clear chances and hitting the post , Howard bullying us in the air when he was on and watching our penalties with my head in my hands waiting for the fans reactions to see if we scored or not.Watching that for five minutes shows you how boring the football this season has been!

nugent
24-05-15, 09:42
Remember when borough gave us a pasting at home. 3-0 down after 15 mins.
Remember when we missed out on the playoff by 1 goal difference

wolfybluebird
24-05-15, 09:50
Great night, remember it well, thanks for that http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

24-05-15, 11:24
best time down the new stadium. makes me realise why i love it and makes me miss it. if only it was still like that!

Dave Blue
24-05-15, 12:08
Re-living that night has made me think it's a good job to have had a year of utter boredom. Don't think my nerves would take it anymore.

NYCBlue
24-05-15, 12:26
A good footballing side that could only make the playoffs, lost on the night and then got outplayed in the next game.

Owen Wilsons Nose
24-05-15, 12:39
They would have maybe stayed up and in the prem but that team was a giant sieve. Great to watch but absouletely woeful and inconsistent in defense. There's a reason we didn't go up.

Lord Sugar Mulberry
24-05-15, 13:10
That was the best night at CCS. I thought the team was better the previous season despite the awful finish. I still believe had we held onto Routledge we would have gone up automatically.

A Quiet Monkfish
24-05-15, 16:31
That team were great to watch when they were on song - I still remember outstanding performances against the wurzels, Derby, Coventry and the brilliant win over Leicester during the regular season in the new stadium and away matches like Sheffield United, West Brom and the wurzels again.We've been spoilt -at least since 2002 anyway. I'm actually more optimistic now than I was this time last year. Not much of a bar to reach, true, but always felt that last season was going to be grim..

A Quiet Monkfish
24-05-15, 16:34
A good footballing side that could only make the playoffs, lost on the night and then got outplayed in the next game. We hit the post once and the crossbar twice in the final. I wouldn't say we were outplayed. I think Jones's policy of letting the players get on with the job probably needed tweaking for the final..

Vimana.
24-05-15, 16:59
Brilliant http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/ayatollah.gif

But .. Ouch.
Makes me realise what we are missing right now.
We need to get back to playing exciting football in front of big noisy, encouraging, appreciative , upbeat, optimistic crowds.

alfie sherwood
24-05-15, 17:55
Great memories.

I was a total nervous wreck on the day of the game and kicked and headed every ball that night.

I can scarcely believe how much my interest has evaporated in the club over the last few years.

I'll take in a game or two at the start of next season and hopefully some kind of connection can eventually be rekindled.