PDA

View Full Version : FA Cup Final......................

Wolf
30-05-15, 10:05
5.30pm?..........WTF?.....the people in charge of football in this country should be shot.This should be a 3pm kick off.

CopenhagenBlue
30-05-15, 10:14
5.30pm?..........WTF?.....the people in charge of football in this country should be shot.This should be a 3pm kick off.Agreed but we all know the reason though.

Heathccfc
30-05-15, 10:27
5.30pm?..........WTF?.....the people in charge of football in this country should be shot.This should be a 3pm kick off.So very different now Wolf, no getting up early and watching the build up to it all, deciding on BBC or ITV, many things change for the better, the FA Cup hasn't. i'm trying to think if there has been a bigger sporting occasion other than the FA Cup that has been bastardized by the sky empire?

Wolf
30-05-15, 10:44
5.30pm?..........WTF?.....the people in charge of football in this country should be shot.This should be a 3pm kick off.
So very different now Wolf, no getting up early and watching the build up to it all, deciding on BBC or ITV, many things change for the better, the FA Cup hasn't. i'm trying to think if there has been a bigger sporting occasion other than the FA Cup that has been bastardized by the sky empire?I dont think I can think of a bigger occasion than the FA Cup either Heath.........I think its a scandal and the government are sitting idly by as our traditions are raped by an ozzie http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/banghead.gif

chris
30-05-15, 11:07
So very different now Wolf, no getting up early and watching the build up to it all, deciding on BBC or ITV, many things change for the better, the FA Cup hasn't. i'm trying to think if there has been a bigger sporting occasion other than the FA Cup that has been bastardized by the sky empire?fa cup replays are no longer the way to conclude a match after two games now, it goes to a penalty shootout. the format should have been left alone by tv, but alas people like gary lineker will ask the same stupid questions, even though he works in the same industry that as destroyed it.

Pearcey
30-05-15, 11:10
Agree with the above. Cup final day used to be a big day now its pretty small change.I used to love it when sides had to go to third replays because they kept drawing, top flight teams playing their best starting 11 and of course the final and all the build up to it.
Those days have gone.

Cleve van Leef
30-05-15, 11:12
So very different now Wolf, no getting up early and watching the build up to it all, deciding on BBC or ITV, many things change for the better, the FA Cup hasn't. i'm trying to think if there has been a bigger sporting occasion other than the FA Cup that has been bastardized by the sky empire?This time not the fault of sky, but ITV and their partners in the FA Cup when they had it. ITV believed they would get a bigger audience with a later kick off, trouble is after timing agreed shortly after they lost the rights to televise the competition.

chris
30-05-15, 11:18
the fa cup this season has been broadcast by the bbc and bt sport,the games have been scheduled usually over two and three days.

they are now making the draws for the next rounds, before half of the previous games have been played in the previous rounds. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/shrug.gif

Cozoni Wam
30-05-15, 11:34
The BBC have been trying their best all season to big up the FA Cup but it all feels so forced. Time to just accept the old bird for what it is now - a nice little distraction and nothing more.

obligatory #f***modernfootball

Arfur Europe
30-05-15, 13:37
All I care about re: today's match is that Aaron Ramsey is free of injury and niggles tomorrow

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/igovernor.gif

surge
30-05-15, 14:59
This year's competition has been much better than the previous few years and while 5:30 is a bit of a joke it's not nearly as bad if it was two clubs from the north or Wales.