PDA

View Full Version : The Streets - A grand don't come for free

Arfur Europe
14-06-15, 21:24
Anyone remember Mike Skinner's raw lyrical stylee debut album? Just put the album on as I'd not listened to it since I bought it. Eleven years ago - feck me, where did that go?!

Seemed very apt at the time for me, but it seems to have aged a fair bit now. Looking him up, I was amazed to see he'd provided the majority of the soundtrack to The Inbetweeners film in 2011 and suffers from epilepsy and ME.

stevie macs red foot
14-06-15, 21:26
Original pirate material, you're listening to the streets knock down your ariel.

Loved that album at the time

Colonel Cærdiffi
14-06-15, 21:30
Anyone remember Mike Skinner's raw lyrical stylee debut album? Just put the album on as I'd not listened to it since I bought it. Eleven years ago - feck me, where did that go?!Didn't know you had epilepsy mate, all the best, hope you pull through.

Steve R
14-06-15, 21:31
Anyone remember Mike Skinner's raw lyrical stylee debut album? Just put the album on as I'd not listened to it since I bought it. Eleven years ago - feck me, where did that go?!
Seemed very apt at the time for me, but it seems to have aged a fair bit now. Looking him up, I was amazed to see he'd provided the majority of the soundtrack to The Inbetweeners film in 2011 and suffers from epilepsy and ME.Just spat Strongbow all over my screen.

Feedback
14-06-15, 21:34
Five studio albums but the first two are the most recognised. They were decent at the time but not something I'd listen to know.

Arfur Europe
Seemed very apt at the time for me, but it seems to have aged a fair bit now. Looking him up, I was amazed to see he'd provided the majority of the soundtrack to The Inbetweeners film in 2011 and suffers from epilepsy and ME.
Didn't know you had epilepsy mate, all the best, hope you pull through. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/tong.gif

Colonel Cærdiffi
Didn't know you had epilepsy mate, all the best, hope you pull through. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

ian gibson
14-06-15, 21:42
Didn't know you had epilepsy mate, all the best, hope you pull through.'Dry your screen mate'

ElyBlueAJ
14-06-15, 21:53
Anyone remember Mike Skinner's raw lyrical stylee debut album? Just put the album on as I'd not listened to it since I bought it. Eleven years ago - feck me, where did that go?!Either way it's a cracker. I think he mostly spends his time djing now

Steve R
14-06-15, 21:57
Didn't know you had epilepsy mate, all the best, hope you pull through.
http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif PARENTS. Avoid your kids being awoken at night when they get older by mistaken mobile calls by not naming them Adam or Zoe.

Arfur Europe
14-06-15, 21:59
Seemed very apt at the time for me, but it seems to have aged a fair bit now. Looking him up, I was amazed to see he'd provided the majority of the soundtrack to The Inbetweeners film in 2011 and suffers from epilepsy and ME.It's simplicity was its strength.

Observer
14-06-15, 22:10
Seemed very apt at the time for me, but it seems to have aged a fair bit now. Looking him up, I was amazed to see he'd provided the majority of the soundtrack to The Inbetweeners film in 2011 and suffers from epilepsy and ME.Dying? http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/yikes.gif

Vimana.
14-06-15, 23:09
I thought that was his second album? Nah, He's Fit But My Gosh Don't You Know It