PDA

View Full Version : Semi Ajayi

AfricanBluebird
18-06-15, 15:12
Apparently signed for us on a long-term deal.

BlueWales
18-06-15, 15:21
I can see the Echo headline now :

" Semi detached as Slade's boys give away a howler."

@CCFCProgrammes
18-06-15, 15:25
Cracking player - one that can easily push his way into the first team

BlueWales
18-06-15, 15:29
I want signings who are straight into the first team , not development signings.

Observer
18-06-15, 15:29
Why not a Full Ajayi?

wolfybluebird
18-06-15, 15:42
Why not a Full Ajayi? http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

BLUETIT
18-06-15, 16:09
I want signings who are straight into the first team , not development signings.Will-he find it hard to rise to the first team. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

ragbone
18-06-15, 17:08
I want signings who are straight into the first team , not development signings.That may well happen, its critical though we have a strong skillful squad , this lad has made the bench for Arsenal and could very well make our 1st team squad, we moan about signing Div 1 players so our other option is young development talent from the premiership .

surge
18-06-15, 17:17
I want signings who are straight into the first team , not development signings.
That may well happen, its critical though we have a strong skillful squad , this lad has made the bench for Arsenal and could very well make our 1st team squad, we moan about signing Div 1 players so our other option is young development talent from the premiership . Based on what? At the moment Slade's signings are niggle prone rather than division one.

Loramski
18-06-15, 17:30
Interesting signing in that he doesn't seem like a Slade type of player. Assuming Manga goes and that Connolly will play at right back if he stays then that leaves two from Turner, Morrison, Ajayi and Oshilaja to play at centre half. Plenty to play for in pre-season.

the other bob wilson
19-06-15, 05:47
That may well happen, its critical though we have a strong skillful squad , this lad has made the bench for Arsenal and could very well make our 1st team squad, we moan about signing Div 1 players so our other option is young development talent from the premiership . I saw Ajayi play for us twice I think it was and he didn't make a bad impression at all - I like the idea of looking at players who have been released by the top sides, but I keep on getting this feeling that, under this manager, our home produced talent are at something of a disadvantage.

surge
19-06-15, 08:28
That may well happen, its critical though we have a strong skillful squad , this lad has made the bench for Arsenal and could very well make our 1st team squad, we moan about signing Div 1 players so our other option is young development talent from the premiership .
Another option would be to look at the development talent already at the club. We had a centre half who looked a tremendous prospect a few years ago in Josh Yorwerth who was loaned to Hereford virtually as soon as Slade arrived and then barely given a game by the Under 21s in the second half of the season before being released.Joe Ralls (looking good), Ben Nugent (not so much) and Declan John (maybe) are the crop from the last 4 years. Do other teams produce as few as one player in 5 years or is that really a poor show?

the other bob wilson
19-06-15, 10:03
That may well happen, its critical though we have a strong skillful squad , this lad has made the bench for Arsenal and could very well make our 1st team squad, we moan about signing Div 1 players so our other option is young development talent from the premiership .
Another option would be to look at the development talent already at the club. We had a centre half who looked a tremendous prospect a few years ago in Josh Yorwerth who was loaned to Hereford virtually as soon as Slade arrived and then barely given a game by the Under 21s in the second half of the season before being released.
Mick McCarthy, who surely must know something about centre half play, has chosen to give Yorwerth a two year contract while deciding that Ajayi was not worth one after he played a few matches for their Development team earlier this year.I didn't agree with Sam Hammam much, but when he said a good Academy should be producing one player a season capable of breaking into that club's first team, that sounded pretty reasonable to me - especially for teams that are not at the top of the Premier League..

Enoch Mort
19-06-15, 10:18
Another option would be to look at the development talent already at the club. We had a centre half who looked a tremendous prospect a few years ago in Josh Yorwerth who was loaned to Hereford virtually as soon as Slade arrived and then barely given a game by the Under 21s in the second half of the season before being released.
Mick McCarthy, who surely must know something about centre half play, has chosen to give Yorwerth a two year contract while deciding that Ajayi was not worth one after he played a few matches for their Development team earlier this year.I thought Tom James was deserving of a place on the bench at the end of last season when, for a reason better known to him, Slade chose Gabbidon instead.

surge
19-06-15, 10:36
Mick McCarthy, who surely must know something about centre half play, has chosen to give Yorwerth a two year contract while deciding that Ajayi was not worth one after he played a few matches for their Development team earlier this year.
I saw Ajayi play for us twice I think it was and he didn't make a bad impression at all - I like the idea of looking at players who have been released by the top sides, but I keep on getting this feeling that, under this manager, our home produced talent are at something of a disadvantage.For a team "not shopping in harrods" then developing and trusting your own is a tried and tested method. It's also quite handy for teams looking to reconnect with their fanbase...

Enoch Mort
19-06-15, 10:44
Mick McCarthy, who surely must know something about centre half play, has chosen to give Yorwerth a two year contract while deciding that Ajayi was not worth one after he played a few matches for their Development team earlier this year.
I saw Ajayi play for us twice I think it was and he didn't make a bad impression at all - I like the idea of looking at players who have been released by the top sides, but I keep on getting this feeling that, under this manager, our home produced talent are at something of a disadvantage.
Joe Ralls (looking good), Ben Nugent (not so much) and Declan John (maybe) are the crop from the last 4 years. Do other teams produce as few as one player in 5 years or is that really a poor show? I suspect you're right but it must be a bit disheartening for our Academy products.

cardiff55
19-06-15, 13:49
Why not a Full Ajayi?I was wondering who'd be the first to come up with that one on here. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/ayatollah.gif

saganspirit
19-06-15, 13:52
The defence is our strongest area for next season as long as they have decent protection in front of them. Any news on Dikgachoi (if he has a good pre-season), he could be a key player next season.

Harry Flashman
19-06-15, 16:55
http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2498045/ryo-miyaichi-exits-ars enal-for-st-pauli-ajayi-joins-cardif (http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2498045/ryo-miyaichi-exits-arsenal-for-st-pauli-ajayi-joins-cardif)