PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France

Loramski
29-06-15, 18:10
Two Cardiff boys in the Sky team this year, Geraint Thomas and Luke Rowe. Should be a good one this year with Froome, Quintana, Contador and Nibali all riding. Kicks off on Saturday.

The Bloop
29-06-15, 19:11
Hopefully everyone stays fit this year. Should be a great contest between Froome and Contador

Packerman
29-06-15, 19:18
cant wait, "come on the Froome dog"

Loramski
29-06-15, 19:22
Hopefully everyone stays fit this year. Should be a great contest between Froome and ContadorNo Kittel so Cav should be picking up some stage wins.

Feedback
29-06-15, 19:29
Here's a photo from the 1940 tour showing the early break from the peloton

http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/misc/1940%20Tour%20de%20France.jpg

BlueWales
29-06-15, 21:32
Here's a photo from the 1940 tour showing the early break from the pelotonGlad to say he lost after an impressive start.

Ray Mears
29-06-15, 21:43
Owain Doull won the UK u23s Championship on the weekend too!

Loramski
05-07-15, 17:44
Hopefully everyone stays fit this year. Should be a great contest between Froome and Contador
No Kittel so Cav should be picking up some stage wins.Good stage today. Geraint up to 5th, 25 seconds clear of Contador. It's his for the taking, time to make him team leader.

Taunton Blue Genie
05-07-15, 20:12
Is anyone watching the Greg Lemond documentary on ITV4? It's just ten minutes in if you turn on IV4+1. Good stuff.

The Bloop
05-07-15, 20:38
Is anyone watching the Greg Lemond documentary on ITV4? It's just ten minutes in if you turn on IV4+1. Good stuff.I saw it a few months ago. The rivalry between Lemond, Fignon and Hinault was what first really got me interested in cycling. After the closest tour in 1989 I went to the final stage in Paris in 1990 to see him win his third Tour.

Ray Mears
05-07-15, 21:53
Tony Martin is tamping with Cav after that finish. You don't want to piss him off either after what he did to that burglar.

avarice
06-07-15, 17:37
Well I would advise those who didn't watch the live stage today to catch the highlights. Who said Belgium was boring?

Loramski
06-07-15, 19:41
Well I would advise those who didn't watch the live stage today to catch the highlights. Who said Belgium was boring?Good advice. Another terrific stage and the cobbles to come tomorrow. I'm not sure if Froome will fancy it, Sky will be looking to Luke Rowe to step up after his good showing at Paris-Roubaix and see him home safely. Should be worth watching.

Taunton Blue Genie
06-07-15, 20:41
Well I would advise those who didn't watch the live stage today to catch the highlights. Who said Belgium was boring?OK, the Manneken Pis is the most pathetic and disappointing icon you can imagine - but I like the place.

The Bloop
06-07-15, 20:44
Well I would advise those who didn't watch the live stage today to catch the highlights. Who said Belgium was boring?
Good advice. Another terrific stage and the cobbles to come tomorrow. I'm not sure if Froome will fancy it, Sky will be looking to Luke Rowe to step up after his good showing at Paris-Roubaix and see him home safely. Should be worth watching.Gone are the days of using the same bike all tour

BlueWales
07-07-15, 13:32
I have always liked Belgium. The Ardennes, the Trappist beer, waffles, chocolate, Flemish architecture to the north and French-style bars in the south. What's not to like?Not forgetting the wonderful chips with mayonaise http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

Packerman
08-07-15, 10:42
chapeau Geraint Thomas, great ride across the cobbles looking after Froome

Loramski
10-07-15, 19:32
chapeau Geraint Thomas, great ride across the cobbles looking after Froome He's turning into a seriously good rider. How is he an Arsenal fan though?

Loramski
10-07-15, 19:40
Good to see that Cav has given up his role as Greipel's lead out man.

Packerman
10-07-15, 19:55
Good to see that Cav has given up his role as Greipel's lead out man.great finish by Cav, true TDF legend

Loramski
16-07-15, 20:35
chapeau Geraint Thomas, great ride across the cobbles looking after Froome Looking after him through the Pyrennees too, a phenomenal performance. Nice interview with Froome on tonight's highlights with Ned Boulting saying that Geraint is still right up there on GC so Froome needs to come up with something to shake him off. A place on the podium is probably beyond him but he's holding his own amongst the very best so far.

Taunton Blue Genie
17-07-15, 05:39
It's annoying that the leadership of the Tour is now mentioned on BBC's six o'clock news every evening and before the highlights are shown on ITV4.

insider
17-07-15, 05:43
I don't think G has put a foot wrong up to now.

tommy31
17-07-15, 07:17
Geraint is a future winner, this is incredible cycling from him this year. Reminds me of when Froome was looking after Wiggins in 2012

The Bloop
17-07-15, 07:34
Geraint is a future winner, this is incredible cycling from him this year. Reminds me of when Froome was looking after Wiggins in 2012All of the other contenders have the ability to accelerate in the mountains and create a gap between themselves and their rivals. He's an amazingly consistent climber with loads of stamina but needs that burst of acceleration. He's lost loads of weight the last 12 months which will help.

Loramski
13-09-15, 20:19
Owain Doull won the UK u23s Championship on the weekend too!A podium place and the points jersey in the Tour of Britain which finished today. I guess he owes a lot to Wiggins for this week, not a bad domestique to have, but a fantastic performance all the same. Three Cardiff boys in the Tour de France before long?

ryder bluebird
13-09-15, 21:22
Very well done Owain Doull, but there is a big difference between being in the Tour of Britain and being a player in the big multi-stage races over big mountains They are much much harder rides. Fingers crossed, but let's see what-he can do when he is up against the best.

I think Geraint Thomas has a lot of potential to win a Grand Tour, but he needs to show he can ride away from people in the big mountains. Hope he gets his freedom next year.

The Penguin
14-09-15, 17:13
Very well done Owain Doull, but there is a big difference between being in the Tour of Britain and being a player in the big multi-stage races over big mountains They are much much harder rides. Fingers crossed, but let's see what-he can do when he is up against the best.G has the ability to win flatter stages, no doubt. To win mountain stages though he needs to shed about 4kg. I'm a believer.