PDA

View Full Version : American war crimes of world war two

SLUDGE FACTORY
10-07-15, 23:43
Some fascinating yet very disturbing facts about mass shootings of unarmed prisoners of war

And over one million German soldiers starved to death by Eisenhower in American controlled Germany , in death camps as bad as Hitler's

All kept under wraps for decades

Ring_Peace
11-07-15, 07:27
War is horrible for sure.

Rolling back to the First Word War, can I recommend Dan Carlin's Hardcore History series entitled 'Blueprint for Armageddon' if you know anyone who has 15 hours to get an in depth look into that event.

When you hear accounts of 70,000 casualties in one day of a battle, or 'drum fire' over hours and hours that would send the bravest man mad, it shows what depths of inhumanity war brings our species to.

http://www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-history-series/

A must listen for any child learning that era in school.

Taunton Blue Genie
11-07-15, 07:54
War brings out the worst in many people, regardless of their nationality.

Jimmy the Jock
11-07-15, 08:27
Another Lovely cheery story

Vimana.
11-07-15, 08:35
War brings out the worst in many people, regardless of their nationality.If, and where that may be the case, it is not acceptable.

Gwynedd Blue
11-07-15, 08:43
War brings out the worst in many people, regardless of their nationality.The worst and the best...

Gwynedd Blue
11-07-15, 08:48
I'm reading a book by Mark Urban called The Tank War. It's about the 5th Royal Tank Regiment - and it does not brush over the fact that at times during the war the British army deliberately shot prisoners trying to surrender - and weren't too worried about killing civilians in certain circumstances.

War is the most hideous of things, whatever your nationality.

Vimana.
11-07-15, 08:54
The utter hypocrisy that surrounds war, and its history makes the stench even more unbearable.

There may (now) be books that allude to what really happened but it's all a bit too late - 'history' had already been written a long time ago.

It's relatively rare to find an historic account where the Americans, or we British are noted as the absolute 'bad guys'.

Taunton Blue Genie
11-07-15, 08:59
The utter hypocrisy that surrounds war, and its history makes the stench even more unbearable.Most foot soldiers in many wars probably had more in common with their peers in the foxholes on the other side of the barbed wire than they did with the governments or aristocracy who forced them to go to war in the first place.

Mrs Steve R
11-07-15, 22:34
The utter hypocrisy that surrounds war, and its history makes the stench even more unbearable. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

Gwynedd Blue
12-07-15, 08:16
The utter hypocrisy that surrounds war, and its history makes the stench even more unbearable.It's the same with documents withheld from us because of the Official Secrets Act. The bad deeds of previous governments are hidden until they are dead and gone... http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/shrug.gif

surge
12-07-15, 08:44
The brutality of past wars wouldn't be so bad if we had learnt from it but so many are still happy to turn a blind eye just because "war is horrible" and then call for more of an American approach.

Baloo
12-07-15, 10:18
The CIA torture report released 6 months ago was an 'eye-opener'.

SLUDGE FACTORY
12-07-15, 11:05
And what about the American withdrawal from Vietnam ?

Mass rapes and torture , scorched earth policy , burning down entire villages

So few films made about shameful American foreign policy .....platoon was a start but there is so much more those bastards don't want brought up

Taunton Blue Genie
12-07-15, 11:28
Courtesy of Wikipedia:

Around 1900, the British used concentration camps in the Second Boer War in South Africa. The families of South African men fighting against the British were put in camps to stop them from giving food and help to the fighters. Their houses and farms were also burned. At least 30,000 people, mostly children, died in these camps from sickness or hunger.

SLUDGE FACTORY
12-07-15, 11:30
Courtesy of Wikipedia:But we are British ???

goslow
12-07-15, 11:44
Courtesy of Wikipedia:They died because of neglect and incompetence not from policy,when the conditions in the camps became public knowledge conditions improved considerably(sp)

SLUDGE FACTORY
12-07-15, 13:33
Courtesy of Wikipedia:
Around 1900, the British used concentration camps in the Second Boer War in South Africa. The families of South African men fighting against the British were put in camps to stop them from giving food and help to the fighters. Their houses and farms were also burned. At least 30,000 people, mostly children, died in these camps from sickness or hunger.I think it's called revisionism

jeepster
12-07-15, 13:42
Courtesy of Wikipedia:
Around 1900, the British used concentration camps in the Second Boer War in South Africa. The families of South African men fighting against the British were put in camps to stop them from giving food and help to the fighters. Their houses and farms were also burned. At least 30,000 people, mostly children, died in these camps from sickness or hunger.
They died because of neglect and incompetence not from policy,when the conditions in the camps became public knowledge conditions improved considerably(sp)Was there a killing of women and children in the Korean war by us troops http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/sad.gif

Taunton Blue Genie
12-07-15, 13:44
Courtesy of Wikipedia:
Around 1900, the British used concentration camps in the Second Boer War in South Africa. The families of South African men fighting against the British were put in camps to stop them from giving food and help to the fighters. Their houses and farms were also burned. At least 30,000 people, mostly children, died in these camps from sickness or hunger.That must have been a great comfort to all and sundry.

SLUDGE FACTORY
12-07-15, 13:50
The head of Nazi public relations ....lol..in world war two probably said the same of the death camps , it was just a bit of neglect folks , nothing to see here

SLUDGE FACTORY
12-07-15, 13:55
So it was only once it became public knowledge that the Brits , God bless em , started to look after the women and children ?

Good old blighty , we never put a foot wrong !!

God save the queen, king etc

jeepster
12-07-15, 14:03
So it was only once it became public knowledge that the Brits , God bless em , started to look after the women and children ? http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/puke.gif

Josef
12-07-15, 14:12
Some fascinating yet very disturbing facts about mass shootings of unarmed prisoners of war I would be very interested to learn from which source you obtained your facts in respect of the over 1 million German soldiers starved to death.

SLUDGE FACTORY
12-07-15, 14:21
Some fascinating yet very disturbing facts about mass shootings of unarmed prisoners of war
And over one million German soldiers starved to death by Eisenhower in American controlled Germany , in death camps as bad as Hitler's Eisenhower was of Jewish descent and cared little for the ordinary German whether Nazi or not

jon1959
12-07-15, 14:59
And over one million German soldiers starved to death by Eisenhower in American controlled Germany , in death camps as bad as Hitler's
All kept under wraps for decades '....the former senior historian of the United States Army Center of Military History, Colonel Ernest F. Fisher, who was involved in the 1945 investigations into the allegations of misconduct by U.S. troops in Germany and who wrote the book's (Other Losses) foreword, argues that the claims are accurate'.

goslow
12-07-15, 15:04
Courtesy of Wikipedia:
They died because of neglect and incompetence not from policy,when the conditions in the camps became public knowledge conditions improved considerably(sp)Which part is incorrect?

goslow
12-07-15, 15:05
Courtesy of Wikipedia:
They died because of neglect and incompetence not from policy,when the conditions in the camps became public knowledge conditions improved considerably(sp)I doubt it.

SLUDGE FACTORY
12-07-15, 15:12
Eisenhower was a strange bloke , stripped the Germans of pow status , thus giving them no rights under the Geneva convention , allowed the us forces to fraternise and in some cases commit crimes with German women ......the4e were no blokes there to defend them they were unarmed and starving 5o death ...

Then ignored the allies pleas to push and take Berlin before the Russians red army arrived

The red army took Berlin , raped and killed

The rest is history

Then he seemed to undergo some kind of liberal conversion , became a very left wing Republican, even putting a cog in the wheels of the macarthyite communist witch hunts, post war

SLUDGE FACTORY
12-07-15, 15:16
Courtesy of Wikipedia:
They died because of neglect and incompetence not from policy,when the conditions in the camps became public knowledge conditions improved considerably(sp)
Well that's one way of defending it Oh sorry , we forgot to feed and water the kids for a week

SLUDGE FACTORY
12-07-15, 15:18
I would be very interested to learn from which source you obtained your facts in respect of the over 1 million German soldiers starved to death.I am sure Eisenhower got a slating in that world at war thing , which by the way is available on you tube

Steve R
12-07-15, 15:20
My Grandad was in a German Prisoner of War Camp.

goslow
12-07-15, 15:28
I would be very interested to learn from which source you obtained your facts in respect of the over 1 million German soldiers starved to death.That link basicly kicks the authors claims to death.

goslow
12-07-15, 15:33
My Grandad was in a German Prisoner of War Camp. My grandad died in one.

SLUDGE FACTORY
12-07-15, 15:35
My Grandad was in a German Prisoner of War Camp. My other uncle was 19 when the Stirling bomber he was tail gunner in crash landed in world war two

SLUDGE FACTORY
12-07-15, 15:38
I would be very interested to learn from which source you obtained your facts in respect of the over 1 million German soldiers starved to death.
I am glad you are interested , my uncle who fought in world war two was stationed in the former occupied lands and he told my father a million German prisoners of war died in that area through starvation There has been a systematic policy since the founding of the united states to deny its own horrors

jon1959
12-07-15, 15:41
I would be very interested to learn from which source you obtained your facts in respect of the over 1 million German soldiers starved to death.
I am glad you are interested , my uncle who fought in world war two was stationed in the former occupied lands and he told my father a million German prisoners of war died in that area through starvation Then Wiki goes on to quote the UK's favourite imperialist historian Craig Ferguson, who seems to be claiming that the worst that happened to German POWs was that a couple got flu!

Steve R
12-07-15, 15:50
My other uncle was 19 when the Stirling bomber he was tail gunner in crash landed in world war two Imagine doing that at 19 years of age. I'd say I was quite mature for my age at 19 but fighting a war? Unbelievable really.

SLUDGE FACTORY
12-07-15, 16:32
My other uncle was 19 when the Stirling bomber he was tail gunner in crash landed in world war two
Imagine doing that at 19 years of age. I'd say I was quite mature for my age at 19 but fighting a war? Unbelievable really. Bloody grim

Feedback
12-07-15, 16:38
Courtesy of Wikipedia:
They died because of neglect and incompetence not from policy,when the conditions in the camps became public knowledge conditions improved considerably(sp)It's easy to criticise what happened in history from the comfort of your modern life

Feedback
12-07-15, 16:42
I would be very interested to learn from which source you obtained your facts in respect of the over 1 million German soldiers starved to death.So independent historians think it's inaccurate with no basis in fact.

Packerman
12-07-15, 16:45
Courtesy of Wikipedia:
They died because of neglect and incompetence not from policy,when the conditions in the camps became public knowledge conditions improved considerably(sp)
Well that's one way of defending it cross purposes. he's talking about the boer war, you aint

Feedback
12-07-15, 16:48
Courtesy of Wikipedia:
Well that's one way of defending it
I think it's called revisionism I was on about sludges claim that the USA deliberately starved 1m german armed forces.

surge
12-07-15, 16:54
Courtesy of Wikipedia:
I think it's called revisionism
I don't think it is Sludge. You may not be aware but the uk still had rationing and Germany had no economy of note with its agricultural output absolutely decimated. The uk had a hard enough time to feed itself so it's no wonder the enemy weren't fed as well as they should.If it is inaccurate then it's likely to be replaced by a truth equally horrible. A recent BBC documentary highlighted what happened to Germans in former Nazi occupied territories after the war and having watched it then, sadly, nothing could shock me in the name of revenge.

Feedback
12-07-15, 21:40
Courtesy of Wikipedia:
I think it's called revisionism
I don't think it is Sludge. You may not be aware but the uk still had rationing and Germany had no economy of note with its agricultural output absolutely decimated. The uk had a hard enough time to feed itself so it's no wonder the enemy weren't fed as well as they should.
That's not to justify it but at the time anti german feeling was running high as not only had there been a hard fought 6 year war but the allies had just seen the nazi death camps all across Europe.the expulsion of Germans from eastern Europe was inevitable and probably allowed the 4+2 treaty to be signed in 1990. I'd imagine a united Germany with a large german diaspora across eastern Europe wouldn't have been tolerated.

The Alien
13-07-15, 06:54
And what about the American withdrawal from Vietnam ?I didn't get to see all of it because my wife was upset and she started to cry so we left early.

Gwynedd Blue
13-07-15, 07:58
Mass rapes and torture , scorched earth policy , burning down entire villages (It wasn't their first defeat really because many of them were on the losing side during their civil war).

Feedback
13-07-15, 08:49
So few films made about shameful American foreign policy .....platoon was a start but there is so much more those bastards don't want brought up the war of 1812? status quo ante bellum was agreed at the 1815 treaty of Ghent but the British has routed the US forces wherever they met in that war. The Americans were quick to sue for peace because Wellington had just dispatched Napolean and more than 100,000 battle hardened troops were on there way across the pond

Packerman
13-07-15, 09:05
So few films made about shameful American foreign policy .....platoon was a start but there is so much more those bastards don't want brought up
At the Vietnam war museum in Saigon there's an whole section dedicated to the American war crimes during the Vietnam war.um think he's talking about the american civil war 1861-1865

Feedback
13-07-15, 09:28
At the Vietnam war museum in Saigon there's an whole section dedicated to the American war crimes during the Vietnam war.
The one photo will stay with me forever. American soldiers found a vietnamese family hiding under ground. Once they had dragged them out they shot the grand children in front of the grand parents and then they shot the grand parents.i'm aware of that. He said the americans never lost a war except for the civil war, which doesn't count as its an internal struggle. I asked about the War of 1812 where the US got their arses served to them on a plate. The British sacked Washington and burnt the White House to the ground. The Americans fled and the British decided to hang around and then get out of there as they had more important matters to deal with (like Napolean and not their upstart colonial cousins)

Packerman
13-07-15, 09:38
At the Vietnam war museum in Saigon there's an whole section dedicated to the American war crimes during the Vietnam war.
The one photo will stay with me forever. American soldiers found a vietnamese family hiding under ground. Once they had dragged them out they shot the grand children in front of the grand parents and then they shot the grand parents.
I didn't get to see all of it because my wife was upset and she started to cry so we left early.that would have left the russians free to conquer all of germany and possibly carry on to the channel! who knows what nice uncle joe would have done

Feedback
13-07-15, 09:54
The one photo will stay with me forever. American soldiers found a vietnamese family hiding under ground. Once they had dragged them out they shot the grand children in front of the grand parents and then they shot the grand parents.
I didn't get to see all of it because my wife was upset and she started to cry so we left early.
The Americans killed over a million people during the Vietnam war - which they lost - around 55,000 of their own soldiers died.they were still shit at night bombing though http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/Dsmile.gif

Gwynedd Blue
13-07-15, 10:02
I didn't get to see all of it because my wife was upset and she started to cry so we left early.The 'internal struggle' - lasted four years and was one of the bloodiest conflicts of that era. Sorry, but sometimes you are just showing how ignorant you are of certain subjects.

Feedback
13-07-15, 10:06
I didn't get to see all of it because my wife was upset and she started to cry so we left early.
The Americans killed over a million people during the Vietnam war - which they lost - around 55,000 of their own soldiers died.if you fancy discussing the American Civil War then lets get started, after the revolutionary war 1775-1783 its my favourite reading matter. over to you, shall we start with Antietam, Fort McKinley, Manassas or Sherman's march to the sea? we can either discuss the politics behind it, the military aspects and the impact the war had on the rapid industrialisation of the north, or the after affects reconstruction had on the south leading to the enacting of the Jim Crow laws. you decide since you are so well versed.

Gwynedd Blue
13-07-15, 10:15
The Americans killed over a million people during the Vietnam war - which they lost - around 55,000 of their own soldiers died.
While at University I did a lot of research into the American Vietnam War Film genre (most enjoyable) - and it became clear that they were designed to help the American public come to terms with their first defeat.Shelby Foote, a historian of the American Civil War makes the point in Ken Burn's documentary: 'The American Civil War'.

Packerman
13-07-15, 10:16
The Americans killed over a million people during the Vietnam war - which they lost - around 55,000 of their own soldiers died.
While at University I did a lot of research into the American Vietnam War Film genre (most enjoyable) - and it became clear that they were designed to help the American public come to terms with their first defeat.
(It wasn't their first defeat really because many of them were on the losing side during their civil war).i knew what you meant, so did he really http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

Feedback
13-07-15, 10:19
if you didn't understand then why not ask for clarification. The claim was that prior to Vietnam the USA never lost a war. Now I took that as being an external war as with civil wars the winners and losers come from the same country, hence why I said the only other war as the war of 1812 - another war I'm familiar with.

now since you claim I'm ignorant of the American Civil War, why not open a discussion about it. I've given you some starting material in my post above. Lets test my ignorance on this subject as you have claimed and see whether it is just your bluster and wish to find fault in everything I write rather than me commenting on something I know little about. Your call.

Gwynedd Blue
13-07-15, 11:01
if you didn't understand then why not ask for clarification. The claim was that prior to Vietnam the USA never lost a war. (NOT WHAT I CLAIMED) Now I took that as being an external war as with civil wars the winners and losers come from the same country, hence why I said the only other war as the war of 1812 - another war I'm familiar with.You misunderstood - thinking I was talking about the US of A, rather than Americans. Why not admit it - it's good for the soul.... http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/rolleyes.gif

Feedback
13-07-15, 14:36
Americans did lose a war prior to Vietnam - those from the Southern States. Americans may have lost another war as you suggest - I don't really know.
wrong. the confederate states of america lost and were beaten by the USA.
Second, I did not claim that you are ignorant of the American Civil war, but this may have been implicit. Sometimes, in relation to some subjects, it appears that you do not know fully what you are talking about.
so what was this post about then, if you're not claiming I was ignorant?
Gwynedd Blue
The 'internal struggle' - lasted four years and was one of the bloodiest conflicts of that era. Sorry, but sometimes you are just showing how ignorant you are of certain subjects.
I'm not going to have a debate with you about how much you know of the American Civil War - and I don't try to find fault with things.
of course not, losts of backpeddling by you already in this thread
Some of the things you claim are so obviously wrong that they stand out - Nietzsche's so called militaristic style is one.
I will take the word of someone who understands German as a first language than someone who needs a dictionary translation to complete their thesis, but thanks all the same
As I said, Nietzsche's style is the antithesis of militarism. Now since I have spent many years reading and studying Nietzsche, I could hardly sit back and accept what you say about him.You misunderstood - thinking I was talking about the US of A, rather than Americans. Why not admit it - it's good for the soul.... http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/rolleyes.gif admit what? that the Americans won and lost the war between the states at the same time? The union won, the confederacy lost. its only considered a civil war outside of the USA, certainly not in the South where even today some still see the yankee as a colonial oppressor.