PDA

View Full Version : Valley Greyhounds

diapers1927
11-07-15, 21:54
I only popped over for a laugh...but what great entertainment for a fiver.
Gorgeous dogs, seven amazingly competitive races (including a hilariously short 100 yard race that lasted all of five-and-a-half seconds) and a lovely friendly atmosphere. The facilities are superb for such a small venture (ample car parking; nice, clean modern bar with comfy leather sofas; spotless loos) and many people had brought their young children. The two bookmakers offered pretty short odds so you are unlikely to make yourself a fortune but, seeing as only one favourite won all evening, even they seemed to have trouble picking the winners.
They race every Saturday evening and they try to put on a meeting on a Wednesday as well if there are sufficient entries (you have to check the Valleys Greyhounds Facebook page on the day to confirm whether the racing is on).
The track is only 100 yards off the A469 in Ystrad Mynach.
I can't recommend it highly enough for a great Welsh night out.

Mick the Miller
11-07-15, 21:59
Want to buy a dog ??
I'm your man.
I have a range from £200 to £8,000.

diapers1927
11-07-15, 22:43
I don't know one end of a greyhound from the other but I'll let you know if I get the bug.

nugent
12-07-15, 11:08
i have been there too, cant agree more with the OP. The clubhouse is fantastic, a great night out.
6 races on when I went up, my missus picked 5 out of 6 winners that night .

Mick the Miller
12-07-15, 11:11
i have been there too, cant agree more with the OP. The clubhouse is fantastic, a great night out. As I said I have a range of dags from basics to will win the Derby for yers.